Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Any results or times from the shoot out

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2008, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crispeed
Two classes are all that's needed for the list.
One class based on 'OEM' style drivetrain and everything else regarded as 'OUTLAW'.

so let it be
'Fastest Evo list -------Fastest "OUTLAW' Evo
Old May 26, 2008, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is David's car actually back halfed, mini tub or just a solid rear conversion in the stock chassis?
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
The reality of my thoughts is clear - I DO NOT think that everything is fair game

However, I do object to the same cast of characters who use giant liquid to air fmic's, electric water pumps and cut the majority of the stock chassis away who now suddenly jump up and down and cry FOUL !

To me its being a hypocrite

All of the projects have a tenious relationship to the normal members Evos its ALL a question of how far you want to go and where to draw the line

For MYSELF

I just enjoy wrenching on, modfiying, tuning and driving my car - I am in no contest with anyone else. I am just doing my own thing. My goal is to go faster than I did before and try and learn something about car modification in the process. Its a shame that so many people get so emotional about all of this but I guess there is nothing wrong with that either.
I understand your point as i hope you do mine. Thats all im saying. Just becouse we can spend $100K+ on our cars allot of people can not do that. But i dont believe that they should be penalized and not recognized becouse of that. Maybe they have the fastest car for there "so to speak class" but becouse of shops and other we will calm them addicted enthusiasts have set the bar so high he would not be able to be recognized.

Anyway Buschur Racing FTW i cant wait to see what it runs this year.

Chris
Former Sponsor

No excuses and more videos!!!! "BRO"

I mentioned ETS because as Paul goes faster I notice a proportional amount of ETS parts on the numerous cars that I tune on a daily basis.

Market is getting cut up so guys gotta step it up!!!

Sean

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Bro - it was you who coined the mantra I now live by

NO EXCUSES

After hearing that i gave up my days of bing a bish and crying like a baby about who was doing what to their Evo and accepted the warrior's code - you do what ever it takes to win

At the end of the day - speaking as someone who used to the the World's Qucikest and Fastest Evo 8 - it was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed being able to say I am the top dawg. This is why people are trying to be # 1. Its a challenge and its a test of determination and skill. Those who seek to climb Everest don't ask why they just do it for the sake of doing it.

I don't know what ETS has to do with any of this but it seems they are strongly behind Paul's enrtry in the biggest badest evo contest.

I will never forget or abandon the mantra of NO EXCUSES

I may be slower than David's street driven full weight RS Bad Bish with my race evo but you wont find me making any EXCUSES about it.

Full speed ahead
Old May 26, 2008, 06:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by IHUNTV8
I have my own, the same one i am willing to whoop you up on the street with
If its an Evo, PM me and we will work something out.
Old May 26, 2008, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ProccoEVO
so let it be
I Agree 100%
Old May 26, 2008, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Here is what i see. The solid rear is not going to really outgun the 1.3x sixty foots that the IRS guys have been able to cut. IF it starts cutting 1.2 sixtys then i can see the arguement. The weight savings (if any) is the only other gripe. There is no need for a special class because of the back half, just make a weight minamum to level out the playing field.
Old May 26, 2008, 06:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SloRice
So two passes that are ~ 2 tenths slower than the fastest pass is considered "backing it up"???
Check your math.. Two passes are LESS than 2 tenths as quick.
Old May 26, 2008, 06:10 PM
Evolving Member

Yes its an EVO, no need to Pm. Bring it to the shootout.
Old May 26, 2008, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2k4EvoVIII

Anyway Buschur Racing FTW i cant wait to see what it runs this year.

Chris
^^^^^^A++++ me to!---- but we are trying to get everyone to understand that the list should be modified to the newest clase thanks to DB
Old May 26, 2008, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by warp9
Here is what i see. The solid rear is not going to really outgun the 1.3x sixty foots that the IRS guys have been able to cut. IF it starts cutting 1.2 sixtys then i can see the arguement. The weight savings (if any) is the only other gripe. There is no need for a special class because of the back half, just make a weight minamum to level out the playing field.
What if someone cut a better 60 foot with IRS?
When will it all stop.
Old May 26, 2008, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by warp9
I think there *could* be a huge amount of weight savings depending on what all was done. Also you are getting allot better suspension setup for launching and on top of all that reliability and consistency is going to be improved greatly.
Old May 26, 2008, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sean@Iveytune
No excuses and more videos!!!! "BRO"

I mentioned ETS because as Paul goes faster I notice a proportional amount of ETS parts on the numerous cars that I tune on a daily basis.

Market is getting cut up so guys gotta step it up!!!

Sean
Well I like to thank Paul for making that company ETS standout from the bunch and testing out the parts with real results
Old May 26, 2008, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ProccoEVO

so let it be
I DONT WANT ANYONE TO TAKE THIS A A SIGN OF DISRESPECT. As i am just a small time stock turbo car. no hating intended on david bushur cause he has accomplished things that i probly never will with my personal car. BUT DAVID POSTED that he is looking for the smartest way to lieghten his white rs. Also if there are so many other cars david's company tunes why are they so many cars with the hta 35r (off the shelf kit) and built by bushur racing cars thats are no where close to low 9's like his car. it cant be an exceptional driving or tune. but he traps 10mph faster then the rest of the cars earlier in this thread. Tuned by bushur they also all seem to run the same E.T.'S AS EACH OTHER

THIS IS ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO HMMMMMM (if you pay attention to it)
Old May 26, 2008, 06:17 PM
Evolving Member

I didnt think it would cause this much controversy! Maybe if the car ran 8.20s this past weekend I could see some complaints.

Quick Reply: Any results or times from the shoot out