Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Any results or times from the shoot out

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2008, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honestly im not sure, i was not there when it was on the scale, i was welding up an exhaust.
Old May 26, 2008, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 9sec240
How many of them are down at the moment?
I am sorry the cars you build are not as fast or RELIABLE as Buschur cars, but 1 day you will get there
Old May 26, 2008, 06:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
I guess your alcohol, air/water " street " car doesnt break ever.. Must be nice to own a KA..
My car does not run alchy. Please find a more reliable source for your information. Hell, I dont even run Q or VP... just plain ole C16.

And yes, I run an air/water IC on my car. So do many factory cars. My Syclone and my Typhoon both had liquid ICs from the factory.
Old May 26, 2008, 07:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by vwjeff
I am sorry the cars you build are not as fast or RELIABLE as Buschur cars, but 1 day you will get there
Funny... Was that not an AMS built Evo that won the DOT class with the new "35R killer" turbo.....

Last edited by Ivan@AMS; May 26, 2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old May 26, 2008, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My car does not run alchy. Please find a more reliable source for your information. Hell, I dont even run Q or VP... just plain ole C16.

And yes, I run an air/water IC on my car. So do many factory cars. My Syclone and my Typhoon both had liquid ICs from the factory.
So is yours the 'Fastest Privately Owned' air/water intercooled KA in the world ?
Old May 26, 2008, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Wow, that was a lot of reading and I am glad I didn't spend the day on here argueing with everyone. I actually enjoyed my day with my family and had my son's 10th birthday party.

Now regretably it is going to get ugly

This is in no particular order and not directed at any one particular comment, if the shoe fits feel free to put it on.

First, the cars we have built such as Tim's, Eric's, Jeff's, Trent's, Peter's, Nick's, Fawaz's etc. etc. that have all made between 620 and 670 whp all have atleast the potential to trap over 140, most of the already have obviously. Last year on a Toyo radial my car was only capable of 9.7 at 148 mph. My car has no A/C, light rotors, Tilton clutch, no ABS, no sound deadener and Trent driving. Three of these cars have run 145+ trap speeds and ALL of them have ABS, A/C all sound deadening and stock rotors on JUNK radials. It isn't too hard to see that my car is not that far ahead. The car dropped to 9.6 at 151 last year when we went to the light wheels and Hoosiers. This year with more work over the winter and more tuning/development/weight loss it has now gone 9.4 at 155. Just use some common sense and you can figure out the differences aren't very severe and each of these cars are capable of the same times. My car at the dyno competition only made 654. Eric and Tim's made 620'ish, Jeff's made 654 also.

Next and something I have held back for over a year, this is directed at 9sec240. The AMS car has gone quicker than our car and was MUCH lighter than our car. Carbon fiber roof, doors, B-pillars gutted etc. etc. You didn't see my cry. We still have the highest MPH record and that was from when we were IRS. Also, if there is any rule that should be made it should be that any record run needs to be backed up atleast somewhat the same day. As far as I am honestly concerned the quickest the car has gone is 8.71. The 8.56 was a fluke, the car didn't even run in the 8's again the entire day, before or after that run. The drivers door flew off and the biggest problem I have is the car in the other lane on the 8.56 run was a mid 10 second DSM, it ran an 8.42. No way that ET should even stand, did you ever hear me say that before? NO you did not. Did you hear me cry about it? NO you did not. Should anyone with even a ounce of common sense say that the time is BS? Yes of course. Stop crying, stop whining.

I was the FIRST person to ever put a solid axle in a car powered by a 4g63. As a matter of fact I built two before anyone else. Then built a third in a Honda with a 4g63 that runs 7.6's now. Brent then built his and went to MY guy to have it done. Then John followed suit and went to my guy to have it done.

If you all go back and do some research I said long ago that we should all keep our EVO's real EVO's and not hack them up, keep them looking good and not cut up. We simply followed AMS and TT as we couldn't compete with lightweight drag only cars. So we gutted our black car.

Paul Nelson, you own a tin can. I have never seen a car so hacked up and cut up. For you to cry about ours is rediculous.

Our car is NOT back halved. The stock wheel wells are still in it. We simply added a Ford 8.8 rear end. We kept it quiet all winter for two reasons, first is I didn't want to hear the exact people who are crying now cry all winter and the other is we didn't want it copied before we could finish ours. Let me tell you now, the cry babies will soon end up following along just as they have for the last 20 years of our building 4g63's and related parts.

Let's consider some things about our car. Our car has a full factory steel roof WITH the factory sunroof glass still in it, both layers of steel actually. NON of the inner stucture has been cut out, look at Paul's car, holy crap that is less than a shell at this point. We have our factory steel doors with just the inner panel and crash beams out of them. Full factory A and B pillars, full factory triple layer fire wall and large upper support still in the car. The car has lexan windows. Full factory steel floor and the floor that needed replaced in the rear of the car is also all steel welded in. The core support in our car has been cut out, it was a wreck when we bought it and I put in the core support, it was never right. It now is cut out and has some small tubes to hold the radiator/FMIC and fuel cell.

That's it for weight that has been cut out of our car. Where are we going to draw the line for what an EVO is or is not? We cannot.

You guys want to whine about our rearend? I want to whine about carbon fiber roofs and doors. I want to whine about cutting up the car so bad it can never be returned to anything to be actually used on the street. I want to whine about putting a different rear end in the car from a 3000GT. I want to whine about someone using a dog box. It goes on and on and on.

Nobody cried about Shepherd running a real rear end in his car, he built it, kicked *** with it, kept it AWD. Since I have been in this DSM/EVO scene longer than anyone else I have already scene all this stuff take place in the past. John's car has always been accepted because it remained AWD. My RWD cars we built were always shunned because they were not AWD.

Let me tell you jokers something, the rules have already been determined by the 1,000's of DSM guys before you, if it's AWD it's fair game.

A few more things. Curt is a bad *** driver end of story. Curt is also a bad *** when it comes to prepping a car and doing what it takes. He ran a 10.4 at 137 on a 16g this weekend. Curt did not go 155 on the GT35 though, he ran 153

I don't even know what to say about my RS. I think at this point in time a 9.42 at 155.51 says it all.

Procco, your GT40 on nitrous running less MPH than my car makes it slower not faster. Yes it was quicker with it's 9.27. Nitrous and a GT40, I'd hope it was. Bring that car up to Norwalk for the DSM/EVO shootout, let's see what it runs and how it looks when you get it here.

Last edited by David Buschur; May 26, 2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old May 26, 2008, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ProccoEVO
Sorry to disagree but some of us where there when that record was made and we know that at the time the HTA and the 37R where in a few peoples car as a prototype

But like you said we will never know?

Owe it was a 35r, David tuned it to 650 hp the day before, it ran 9.34@150.7 and 9.4@153 the next day at the event. The 9.33@155 was on the t67/ptrim 37r.
Old May 26, 2008, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

The car weighed 2748.. hardly a paper weight... I have an ex customer of mines RS down to 26XXlbs and it looks like a normal street car from every angle. Not 1 thing cut out of it.. Curt drove to the track and drove home just like he did last weekend.. 300+ miles total there and back..
http://www.cbevo.com/5.html 2748 with driver i never seen him but i would guess an average of 150
Old May 26, 2008, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Update your time CHEATER.. 9.27 is what the slip says.. Why are you posting 9.21.. As far as i am concerned your car is no threat to me.. Its a show car as you have proven at every race this season..
Lol... you are taking notes so take this one Curt ran 9.34@ 152.3 on a prototype 35R and the 9.33@155.3 in a 37R

http://www.cbevo.com/

You should know this by heart ,also because thats the reason why you bought his car - allready to go street race evo like they say in my hood that the easy way
If you see my set up that I have is a one off and that is what make me unique
if you are interested and the money is right maybe you can buy my World Street beast

Last edited by ProccoEVO; May 26, 2008 at 07:13 PM.
Old May 26, 2008, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

9sec240, over the last few months you have shown me to be a whiney little panty waste.
I made a list of the cars that were "down". I actually made a point to bring up the fact that cars broke at the race. I didn't attempt to cover them up like the two engines that put rods through the block that Curt had from you guys. I can make a long list if you'd like this to get ugly, your crappy attitude and constant arguements and prods at me are long past humorous. Cars break, hiding it and lieing about it is one style, stepping up and fixing it is another. Remember the car we were suppose to get paid for taking the engine out of? Never got a dime, remember that one? How about the one from Cincinatti too? Don't talk about cars being down, it's part of racing. What's next, you gonna tell me your driver doesn't have ANY autocross experience? STFU.

Something else, Procco, Curt had a standard 35r, the HTA wasn't even close to release yet, I got the first one and tested it, so I am certain. I also remember last year you were running your mouth how your car was going 8's and were going to beat us and AMS with Titan's help. What happened? Now you are back at CFT? I'm surprised they would even talk to you after the crap from last year.

Last edited by David Buschur; May 26, 2008 at 07:13 PM.
Old May 26, 2008, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Funny... Was that not an AMS built Evo that won the DOT class with the new "35R killer" turbo.....
It came in on a trailer. The rest of us drove there. He was on DOT Hoosier, I was on Advans, he beat me by .3secs.
Congrats to him though, a win is a win
Old May 26, 2008, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur

Procco, your GT40 on nitrous running less MPH than my car makes it slower not faster. Yes it was quicker with it's 9.27. Nitrous and a GT40, I'd hope it was. Bring that car up to Norwalk for the DSM/EVO shootout, let's see what it runs and how it looks when you get it here.
I almost got dizzy reading your post

I'll see about going up there? all depends on fuel fund but maybe will visit to see what you and AMS can do on that new set ups!
Old May 26, 2008, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

And to think i almost went to bed
Old May 26, 2008, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Procco, don't visit, bring your car and driver to Ohio, back up the talk. Bring it full weight with some pizza's in it and click off some 9.2's. Spectating and talking crap is for wussies, be a racer, bring the car.
Old May 26, 2008, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

Yes he won, and i was the first to congrat him, he beat me in the final! He did a fine job and i am not going to make a negative post to take anything away from him.

Quick Reply: Any results or times from the shoot out