Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Any results or times from the shoot out

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2008, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Yes, it is a new season. I don't want to argue with you anymore.

Please just think before you jump on me for doing something different. It wasn't too long ago that gutting an EVO was frowned on or changing out the original brakes. Times change and so do the parts and ways we build cars to keep going faster.

Setting rules means they have to be enforced. If we have rules to enforce for this type of racing beyond some very very basic ones I can tell you right now I am not interested in competing and our car will be for sale. NHRA sucks, NOPI sucks even worse. Bring back the OLD days of Import Racing, run what you brung and hope you brung enough. haha

Good night.
Old May 26, 2008, 08:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Racing is racing, who is anyone to say that certain parts make a time not count. If it is still 4g63 powered and awd i say it counts. If you don't like it tough.

It is just a list on evom, if that is the only reason you are out there racing you need a reality check.

If you put restrictions on what you can do to the car it is only going to limit the progress that can be made.

I don't see anyone out there saying that John Shepard's times do not count because he has a nine inch or is on methanol. It is about going fast, period.
Old May 26, 2008, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i just have a question. david is the drag evo still AWD with that new setup you have? or is it RWD?
Old May 26, 2008, 08:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Yes, it is a new season. I don't want to argue with you anymore.

Please just think before you jump on me for doing something different. It wasn't too long ago that gutting an EVO was frowned on or changing out the original brakes. Times change and so do the parts and ways we build cars to keep going faster.

Setting rules means they have to be enforced. If we have rules to enforce for this type of racing beyond some very very basic ones I can tell you right now I am not interested in competing and our car will be for sale. NHRA sucks, NOPI sucks even worse. Bring back the OLD days of Import Racing, run what you brung and hope you brung enough. haha

Good night.
I dont think there is any argument. I tried to keep things to facts alone. I really did try hard to not make anything personal.

Honestly what you did to your Evo is BAD AZZ and I like it a LOT!!! I do however feel that it puts your car into another class. I am not the only person to think this way either (but obviously the most vocal). You even said yourself that you didnt want to say anything about it because you knew how everybody would feel.

Like I have said before. I like you Dave. I have a lot of respect for you. I could do without the personal insults though

Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing how your car does this year. I have always loved seeing how things work out and what I can learn from them. Good luck this year.
Old May 26, 2008, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 9sec240
I dont think there is any argument. I tried to keep things to facts alone. I really did try hard to not make anything personal.

Honestly what you did to your Evo is BAD AZZ and I like it a LOT!!! I do however feel that it puts your car into another class. I am not the only person to think this way either (but obviously the most vocal). You even said yourself that you didnt want to say anything about it because you knew how everybody would feel.

Like I have said before. I like you Dave. I have a lot of respect for you. I could do without the personal insults though

Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing how your car does this year. I have always loved seeing how things work out and what I can learn from them. Good luck this year.
Old May 26, 2008, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
i just have a question. david is the drag evo still AWD with that new setup you have? or is it RWD?
AWD still.
Old May 26, 2008, 08:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ProccoEVO
David whats your simple answer to the request of the newest list

Fastest Evo list -------- Fastest PRO OUTLAW Evo

A++++++++++++100%

You are NOT getting a seperate list PERIOD.. Stop Crying!! Now go and update your time to 9.27 as the time slip reads that you posted last year!!
Old May 26, 2008, 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

There were more jabs thrown in this thread than in the last boxing match I watched. The car is still AWD, who cares about the rear end really. All of the straight drag cars this is competing with are so far away from the way they came from the factory anyways. So much emphasis seems to be placed on these full drag cars to prove what shops can do and I don't really understand why. Don't take this wrong but I am so much more impressed by the cars like Davids RS and the the other truely street legal fast cars (no I dont consider that yellow car with an unfiltered intake a street car). Anytime I am showing someone new to Evos videos, I find videos of the street legal cars running crazy fast times. Thats what impresses people, because 95% of us are looking to build street monsters, not trailer queens.
Old May 26, 2008, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
You are NOT getting a seperate list PERIOD.. Stop Crying!! Now go and update your time to 9.27 as the time slip reads that you posted last year!!
Remind me not to get on your bad side Mike! BTW How is that block holding up...lol...Figures i would need one after i sold it.

Chris
Old May 26, 2008, 09:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 9sec240

Enough already with " another class".. if you cant explain what the class was to begin with how can you determine if he belongs in another class.. There are street cars competing on that same list and never once have you heard me cry about wanting antoher list so i can be #1 this year.. it is what it is.. Its a list of fast 4g63/awd/ Evos.. PERIOD..
Old May 26, 2008, 09:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2k4EvoVIII
Remind me not to get on your bad side Mike! BTW How is that block holding up...lol...Figures i would need one after i sold it.

Chris

My BR 2.0L?? As if you even have to ask.. Been racing since the 1st week of january and have made more passes than anyone on the list " most likely". Not 1 issues yet with the shortblock..
Old May 26, 2008, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2highpsi
There were more jabs thrown in this thread than in the last boxing match I watched. The car is still AWD, who cares about the rear end really. All of the straight drag cars this is competing with are so far away from the way they came from the factory anyways. So much emphasis seems to be placed on these full drag cars to prove what shops can do and I don't really understand why. Don't take this wrong but I am so much more impressed by the cars like Davids RS and the the other truely street legal fast cars (no I dont consider that yellow car with an unfiltered intake a street car). Anytime I am showing someone new to Evos videos, I find videos of the street legal cars running crazy fast times. Thats what impresses people, because 95% of us are looking to build street monsters, not trailer queens.
I understand your point i was the and still in ways am the same. But as you know eventually you always want to go faster. Eventually it is inevitable you will lose your street ability.
Old May 26, 2008, 09:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Looks like the consensus from my reading is.. NO OTHER CLASS!! I hope nobody is losing any sleep tonight.. hey where has paul been this whole time??
Old May 26, 2008, 09:07 PM
Account Disabled

is my car a shop car?? Not 1.00 Profit from my shop can go into my evo or i would go bankrupt in 90 days.. If i didnt have $$$ set aside for this project i wouldnt be racing.. So am i a privateer even though i own a shop??
A lot of people do not understand the huge sums of money guys like you and I spend on this hobby for gas, tolls, hotels and track entry fees all becuase its what we love to do. there is no sponsorship or assiatnce with these costs.

I do this strictly becuase I love doing it.

I love the feeling of driving an AWD car with 1,000 whp and the only safe place to do it is at a track.

Al
Old May 26, 2008, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Enough already with " another class".. if you cant explain what the class was to begin with how can you determine if he belongs in another class.. There are street cars competing on that same list and never once have you heard me cry about wanting antoher list so i can be #1 this year.. it is what it is.. Its a list of fast 4g63/awd/ Evos.. PERIOD..
OKay so we all agree those are 2 rules then. 4G63 and AWD to be able to get on the list. Good to know i have to call my frame guy now...lol...

Chris

Quick Reply: Any results or times from the shoot out