Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Any results or times from the shoot out

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2008, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Al:

Hope there is no hard feelings with anything that we posted earlier today. I really do lookup to you guys. I have been doing this since 03 and the last year or so it has just burnt me out. I have a brand new BR Short block that has been sitting next to my bed for almost a month and a half now..

Anyway hope all is good and you can get that beast back up soon.

Chris
Old May 26, 2008, 09:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
A lot of people do not understand the huge sums of money guys like you and I spend on this hobby for gas, tolls, hotels and track entry fees all becuase its what we love to do. there is no sponsorship or assiatnce with these costs.

I do this strictly becuase I love doing it.

I love the feeling of driving an AWD car with 1,000 whp and the only safe place to do it is at a track.

Al
Not many shops can afford to dump what we dump in our cars.. classifying cars as privateer and shop cars again is rediculous IMO.. The way i see it is if mitsubishi themselves comes out with a car to compete on the list that would be a corporate backed car.. the rest of us spend our own personal hard earned $$$ on our cars..
Old May 26, 2008, 09:19 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Is the engine or head gasket hurt? Maybe but I don't know. All I know is I am grateful Trent didn't get burnt. If the car is hurt big freaking deal, I'll fix it and go back out. Running times on par with GT42's with a 35r that was driven to the track and ran 9.4, four or five 9.5's and a 9.6 if it did get hurt it deserved to. My peak boost was 38 psi so I doubt it hurt it.
I agree.

I was there to watch you work so hard to get that car ready to race and have observed as you have spent literally hundreds of hours testing a whole range of parts to fine the best of everything for that car.

The hard work and investment in R & D has paid off BIG TIME on that car.

It pains me to see a representative of another vendor (AMS) making fun of the heater hose problem. This is not classy.

As you said, racers fix things that break and keep moving.
Old May 26, 2008, 09:25 PM
Account Disabled

I was dead set against ever gutting an EVO and ruining a perfectly freaking awesome car. We had no choice as nobody said, "Well Buschur is the best because they can run 10.0 in a full weight EVO that can go on a road course with the a/c on." They said "TT (at that time) is the fastest", there was no statement like this, "TT is the fastest but it's a gutted POS that can only drag race." (not referring to their car as a POS, just making a point)

At the end of the day it's who is setting the record that is remembered.

We all better get to work.
I agree that in the past few years all that has mattered (in the minds of the general Evo M membership) is who is the fastest and who is the quickest period.

To these guys all that thy cared about was that Shop "X" went "X" - PERIOD

I hope that recent events will challenge this simplistic way of looking at race results and help members have more insight into what all the numbers mean.

Certainly, the pump gas / street car results that Buschur has been obtaining recently simply re-define the catagory.

Al
Old May 26, 2008, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Old May 26, 2008, 09:30 PM
Account Disabled

The NY BADBISH has nothing to do with this discussion, he has run the car once. It's a customers car, I didn't suggest the doors or even like them for that matter. It does bring up a good point though, who cares what he did? The car is obviously fast and reliable, taking weight out of it may have been the smartest idea anyone could have had.
The biggest thing about the Bad Bish II I like to remember is that the car was executed so well and tuned so perfe`ctly that my boss George bought the car the minute he drove in it. The car was not for sale. He had to have a piece of Buschur Magic in his garage. George is a car guy and he knew right away that a car so well sorted and reliable at those power levels was not easily duplicated.

Ever since the car is giving dozens of customers a week demonstration rides at 30 psi on pump gas.

Nuts

That is Buschur Power!
Old May 26, 2008, 09:37 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 2k4EvoVIII
Al:

Hope there is no hard feelings with anything that we posted earlier today. I really do lookup to you guys. I have been doing this since 03 and the last year or so it has just burnt me out. I have a brand new BR Short block that has been sitting next to my bed for almost a month and a half now..

Anyway hope all is good and you can get that beast back up soon.

Chris
No worries mate

My principal concern is that people reading this thread so some independant thinking and by all means ask questions

I am really pleased to see this subject being discussed - it is really long overdue.
Old May 26, 2008, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
This is all pretty stupid.

I am getting pissed off again for nothing.

I was dead set against ever gutting an EVO and ruining a perfectly freaking awesome car. We had no choice as nobody said, "Well Buschur is the best because they can run 10.0 in a full weight EVO that can go on a road course with the a/c on." They said "TT (at that time) is the fastest", there was no statement like this, "TT is the fastest but it's a gutted POS that can only drag race." (not referring to their car as a POS, just making a point)
I'll say it. I'm impressed by the "true" street cars, that look like an Evo, inside and out, that use the stock type drive train, and that keep their amenities, like A/C. Those are the cool sleeper cars, which is what it's all about for me.

The more gutted the car, the less it's like an Evo. We all know that there are better (cheaper and more reliable) ways to go 7s or 8s with other platforms. Fox body Mustangs in that range can be done much cheaper than pushing an Evo into those times. It's interesting to watch what a few shops have done to get there, but it's not really very close to the Evo that was the starting point.

The true streetable Evos are the really remarkable builds, because they retain the sports car characteristics we bought the cars for in the first place, and yet dramatically improve on the power and performance.

My .02

Old May 26, 2008, 10:33 PM
Former Sponsor

I agree.

I was there to watch you work so hard to get that car ready to race and have observed as you have spent literally hundreds of hours testing a whole range of parts to fine the best of everything for that car.

The hard work and investment in R & D has paid off BIG TIME on that car.

It pains me to see a representative of another vendor (AMS) making fun of the heater hose problem. This is not classy.

As you said, racers fix things that break and keep moving.
HI KETTLE!!!!!!!
Old May 26, 2008, 10:36 PM
Former Sponsor

I would love to see what everybody would say about an Evo with a north south transplant backed by a TH400 with an NP 205 Xfer case and straight axle front and rear suspension...

Meets all the qualifications of 4G, Evo and AWD....

LOL..
Old May 26, 2008, 11:02 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by CO_VR4
I'll say it. I'm impressed by the "true" street cars, that look like an Evo, inside and out, that use the stock type drive train, and that keep their amenities, like A/C. Those are the cool sleeper cars, which is what it's all about for me.
Agreed. Far more impressive to me is a full weight (spare tire and everything) car that has ALL of its parts, cold A/C, preferrably has satellite radio (), that is completely reliable, has perfect driveability, a street-legal appearance, delivers good fuel economy (especially at $4+/gal), and can go the better part of 100k miles before needing a rebuild, with no fine print, hidden caveats or other hangups that don't often get discussed here. These qualities represent the most valuable things to me as a consumer, and many others as well.

Originally Posted by 9sec240
I would love to see what everybody would say about an Evo with a north south transplant backed by a TH400 with an NP 205 Xfer case and straight axle front and rear suspension...Meets all the qualifications of 4G, Evo and AWD....LOL..
Don't laugh. I feel there is a far better chance of that becoming a reality than anyone in this discussion actually spelling the word "ridiculous" correctly.
Old May 26, 2008, 11:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ted B
Agreed. Far more impressive to me is a full weight (spare tire and everything) car that has ALL of its parts, cold A/C, preferrably has satellite radio (), that is completely reliable, has perfect driveability, a street-legal appearance, delivers good fuel economy (especially at $4+/gal), and can go the better part of 100k miles before needing a rebuild, with no fine print, hidden caveats or other hangups that don't often get discussed here. These qualities represent the most valuable things to me as a consumer, and many others as well.

If that is what you want, then leave your car bone stock. To have all you described and have it be quick and fast is not going to happen.

People need to realize that the second you mod an Evo (even in the slightest) its reliability is going to start dropping. The further you get from stock the less reliable its going to be. When modding a car, you are going to make compromises. How far you want to compromise is directly proportionate to how quick your Evo will be.
Old May 26, 2008, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

A lot of people do not understand the huge sums of money guys like you and I spend on this hobby for gas, tolls, hotels and track entry fees all becuase its what we love to do. there is no sponsorship or assiatnce with these costs.

I do this strictly becuase I love doing it.

I love the feeling of driving an AWD car with 1,000 whp and the only safe place to do it is at a track.

Al

I just want to say this about sponsorship. I can afford to pay for all the parts myself but to see this car help my friends and watch there business grow and my friendship grow with them is what its about with me thats why i keep doing this. I truly gain nothing in the end. Does this help my other companies grow ....no. It does help ETS,AMS,English,SparkTech,DI,GSC,Perrin grow,...You get my point the truth is i really believe in the team concept and working as a team is where its at
Old May 26, 2008, 11:45 PM
Evolving Member

Man it sure stinks like dirty sandy vaginas up in here! I can't understand why anyone would want to **** and moan about the solid rear axle. I think it is an EXCELLENT idea!

I can't tell much from those pics of Daves drag car, but if it has a 4link in it that is a HUGE can of worms that 80% of you should not be opening or have any idea what it does or can do. I can only imagine what it would be like to adjust a 4link solid rear axle in a AWD, it would take hours among hours, testing among testing till it's setup just right.

I'm pretty impressed that Dave went out for the 1st time on the solid rear and busted out his 8.8 pass. Considering that was his 1st time running with the solid rear axle thats pretty damn good in my book.

You can get some benefits from a solid rear axle, but the biggest and most important benefits is the reliability. You can't really go out and say "hey, I'm going to add some hard hook to the car with an adjustment on the 4link" Sorry it doesn't work that way with an AWD car. A RWD yes. But be prepared to be packing the front tires through the 60ft. mark In a AWD if you pack the front tires hard enough in the air, guess what, your going to break either the trans, or mostly the t-case.

I wish I could have done the solid rear conversion this season, but BOTI and NOPI rules prohibit it. So I am yet again stuck with the stock IRS/rear end in my DSM.

Dave, I give you props for what you did with the solid rear axle, it was a very good decision on your part to do so, I don't blame you one bit for doing so. It's nice to line up at the track and know your rear end is going to hold to anything you throw at it. And when it comes to racing, it's consistency and reliability that wins races at the end of the day, period!
Old May 27, 2008, 03:31 AM

Here is some footage of the Buschur Racing Drag evo, and street evo at this weekend at buschur sport compact event in Ohio. It was an amazing experience I enjoy every bit of it can't wait for the dsm shootout. Much credit to bushcur racing for his cars performing well, and also his customer cars that ran consistent low 10 passes all day long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs7zkpXa61U

Quick Reply: Any results or times from the shoot out