Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Any results or times from the shoot out

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2008, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I take one day of vacation from the intraweb and come back to find this train wreck of a thread.

I am honestly speechless after reading 25 pages of garbage. The constant whining and moaning on this site has got to stop. People can make excuses their entire life but in the end, actions will always speak louder than words.
Old May 27, 2008, 07:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There really isnt much left to say as alot has been said, alot of $h1t has been talked and ALOT of whining has taken place. The only thing left to say is what I always say.....

PLEASE HATE..... IT SHOWS YOU CARE!

SEE YOU AT THE SHOOTOUT!
Old May 27, 2008, 07:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SparkTech
This rear end change obviously is a major alteration to the original platform. All other evo's currently considered in the fastest evo class running maintain IRS and can be run in Time attack or your local autocross/rally without major changes...isn't this what an Evolution is ALL about. EVOLUTION....wouldn't that mean going forward...this new OUTLAW car should be called a creation. You cannot re write the very obvious rules by altering the suspension geometry which will ultimately lead to better 60' times and reliability and not expect to be classed by yourself. Although there are no set rules...there are obvious limits to design change.

Let me say this....I think the rear end change that Buschur did was kool and from a reliability stand point a good move. I think it would have been a better move to go with a stronger IRS and there would have been no arguement.

I say we nominate the guru's here on the forum and let them decide or take votes if this should be considered in the current class. We are not kids and are a pretty large community....let the people be heard.

I don't think this should be decided by the person running the list although I'd like to thank him for taking his time to take this on.

Last time I checked this is EVO M.....let the peoples vote count

Unfortunately, you cannot nominate gurus's.. you have to take the opinion of anyone who has a car that can make the top 15 fastest list.. The car is still AWD/4g63/5 speed and an evo.. When the 1st car that got cut to pieces made the #1 spot nobody cried.. That was altering the car as much as anything.. so why the debate now??
Old May 27, 2008, 08:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RACE MAN
So what we did 9.2 @ 153 on a street legal GSR Evo 8 Weight 3,275 and drive back from Tampa to Orlando Why are you hating if you think you could do it go ahead and step your game up we have the 9.2 sec pass from dec.2006 since that no one has be capable of braking it !!! GOOD LUCK on the shootout Because ProccoEvo is coming badder than ever.
I respect you as the driver Oscar and i also respect you for not falsifying your times like Eddie did.. Did you or did you not go 9.27@152.23 like the slip says?? seems procco lives in his own 9.21 world..
Old May 27, 2008, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SPIN2GST
I take one day of vacation from the intraweb and come back to find this train wreck of a thread.

I am honestly speechless after reading 25 pages of garbage. The constant whining and moaning on this site has got to stop. People can make excuses their entire life but in the end, actions will always speak louder than words.
Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
There really isnt much left to say as alot has been said, alot of $h1t has been talked and ALOT of whining has taken place. The only thing left to say is what I always say.....

PLEASE HATE..... IT SHOWS YOU CARE!

SEE YOU AT THE SHOOTOUT!
Watch this as you guys read this thread just keep refreshing the page while the song is playing in the background...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsH6792Wv6M
Old May 27, 2008, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
This rear end change obviously is a major alteration to the original platform. All other evo's currently considered in the fastest evo class running maintain IRS and can be run in Time attack or your local autocross/rally without major changes...isn't this what an Evolution is ALL about. EVOLUTION....wouldn't that mean going forward...this new OUTLAW car should be called a creation. You cannot re write the very obvious rules by altering the suspension geometry which will ultimately lead to better 60' times and reliability and not expect to be classed by yourself. Although there are no set rules...there are obvious limits to design change.

Let me say this....I think the rear end change that Buschur did was kool and from a reliability stand point a good move. I think it would have been a better move to go with a stronger IRS and there would have been no arguement.

I say we nominate the guru's here on the forum and let them decide or take votes if this should be considered in the current class. We are not kids and are a pretty large community....let the people be heard.

I don't think this should be decided by the person running the list although I'd like to thank him for taking his time to take this on.

Last time I checked this is EVO M.....let the peoples vote count
I'm n ot sure either way, but when the fans are in the stands, and that thing runs faster than Joe Blow, the general public is going to say," Look at that EVO!" not look at that outlaw.
Old May 27, 2008, 08:11 AM
Account Disabled

Screw all the b.s. that br black evo looks mean as $hit!!!!i like it alot.as said before D.B. took a step ahead of the game and did what alot of people would do if they had the money/idea/***** on an all out drag car with no rules etc.i know people will follow suit.the car is not built for any classes nor from davids statement is he intrested in running in one.at the end of the day it is built to go fast and like was said all people care about is results at the end of the day.just like a dyno most people here see peak #s not power curves etc.Badass car man!!
Old May 27, 2008, 08:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by vwjeff
Watch this as you guys read this thread just keep refreshing the page while the song is playing in the background...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsH6792Wv6M
Old May 27, 2008, 08:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by nos51
Screw all the b.s. that br black evo looks mean as $hit!!!!i like it alot.as said before D.B. took a step ahead of the game and did what alot of people would do if they had the money/idea/***** on an all out drag car with no rules etc.i know people will follow suit.the car is not built for any classes nor from davids statement is he intrested in running in one.at the end of the day it is built to go fast and like was said all people care about is results at the end of the day.just like a dyno most people here see peak #s not power curves etc.Badass car man!!
That is basically the general consensus on here.. They arent going to strongarm anyone into being out on their own list by themself because they chose to be innovative.. As i have said before, the car is..

4g63/AWD/5speed manual/EVO Chassis

What else is there to it??
Old May 27, 2008, 08:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Unfortunately, you cannot nominate gurus's.. you have to take the opinion of anyone who has a car that can make the top 15 fastest list.. The car is still AWD/4g63/5 speed and an evo.. When the 1st car that got cut to pieces made the #1 spot nobody cried.. That was altering the car as much as anything.. so why the debate now??
Mike none of the other cars have changed major drive line geometry/pinion angle. Have they? gutting a car only makes the car lighter. Yes a lighter car should be faster. Weight is not the issue at hand. A major change in the driveline opens a NEW CLASS. It's a mutt..a half breed...a Crealution not Evolution....live axel is old stuff a real move toward Evolution would have been a IRS from a corvette or something similar

I don't think because you run the list you get to make ALL the decisions of WHO can or cannot be nominated. Doesn't the community count?
Or am I in the wrong forums....let me refresh the page.
Old May 27, 2008, 08:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Mike none of the other cars have changed major drive line geometry/pinion angle. Have they? gutting a car only makes the car lighter. Yes a lighter car should be faster. Weight is not the issue at hand. A major change in the driveline opens a NEW CLASS. It's a mutt..a half breed...a Crealution not Evolution....live axel is old stuff a real move toward Evolution would have been a IRS from a corvette or something similar

I don't think because you run the list you get to make ALL the decisions of WHO can or cannot be nominated. Doesn't the community count?

*hands you a tissue and some cheese*
Old May 27, 2008, 09:04 AM
Former Sponsor

You way off base here and i just told paul the same..

I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER WHETHER DAVE IS ON OR OFF THE LIST.. I AM JUST VOICING MY OPINION HERE. MY ARGUMENT IS THIS..

If daves car is on its own list, i beleive street cars should have their own list because i have to compete against sardine cans,, unfortunately there is no way possible to regulate what is and is not a street car.. we all have different opinions and i voicing mine is all. From here on out i wont suggest my opinion and if there is a vote on whether he can or cannot be on the list i will NOT vote. I will sit by and just type in the records as they happen and thats it..

Is that FAIR ENOUGH?? i dont want to lose rights to the list just because of my opinion. I dont have a hidden agenda for the record just my opinion..
Old May 27, 2008, 09:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Mike I know we live in Fla and sometimes our vote doesn't count....but you should voteI say we vote....it's like practicing at the tree. Since election time is coming up.

Have you seen the story about the guy with Carbon fiber legs....he's supposedly got extra spring in his stride? I wanna say they may let him in the Olympics....so i'm pretty sure you could sneak this by everyone else. For now i'm gonna keep hitting refresh to make sure i'm on the right forum
Old May 27, 2008, 09:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Sparktech.... why do you give 2 flying donkey dongs about what we run?

You don't have a car competing other than "sponsoring" Paul's tin can so why does it matter so much to you?

Maybe this new rear end setup we did is something else of ours you can copy and ***** out.
Old May 27, 2008, 09:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Mike I know we live in Fla and sometimes our vote doesn't count....but you should voteI say we vote....it's like practicing at the tree. Since election time is coming up.

Have you seen the story about the guy with Carbon fiber legs....he's supposedly got extra spring in his stride? I wanna say they may let him in the Olympics....so i'm pretty sure you could sneak this by everyone else. For now i'm gonna keep hitting refresh to make sure i'm on the right forum
Since you feel compelled to continue .. If i had your igntion in my car would you be breaking my ***** still?? Ill say it again..

ALL I DO IS TYPE IN THE TIMES PEOPLE POST. I DONT HAVE ANY CONTROL OVER WHO IS ON THE LIST. I DONT WANT TO BE ACCUSED OF BEING BIAS BECAUSE I RUN A BUSCHUR 2.0L IN MY CAR

Quick Reply: Any results or times from the shoot out