Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Any results or times from the shoot out

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2008, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
I got to page 14 and put my hands up. Ridiculous thread. I dont even want to come to evom anymore.

I loved watching FWD hondas go low nines on stock honda trannies. Amazing. I stopped watching when they switched to american trans and fibre bodies to go faster. No longer a Honda platform.

I watched shepard go faster and faster. I lost interest when I saw the american rear end in the car. no longer a mitsu platform.

I watched brent rau go fast in his awd talon and loved it. Never cared about what he did with fibre body RWD contraption.

I guess you know what my opinion is on putting an american rear end in a 5 year old evo. obnoxious. I guess its okay for him since its so important to stay on top of the charts. I'll keep watching the white car. I just lost respect for the black car.

The "platform" is the very heart and soul of a car. Thats what defines the car. The drivetrain it came with from the factory.. Once the trans or rear end is changed to a different manufacture the heart and soul of car is lost. why not allow the engine to be changed if anything goes in racing?

I thought import racing was awesome years ago. I went to many events. Then it started to get big. NHRA stepped in and made the rules. What it turned into was american made cars with import engines. whatever. I havent been to an import event in years. I just wanted throw up looking at the cars.

Last edited by 94AWDcoupe; May 27, 2008 at 09:42 AM.
Old May 27, 2008, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SPIN2GST
I take one day of vacation from the intraweb and come back to find this train wreck of a thread.

I am honestly speechless after reading 25 pages of garbage. The constant whining and moaning on this site has got to stop. People can make excuses their entire life but in the end, actions will always speak louder than words.
agreed 100%. these are the people u will never see at the shootout, but theyll just keep running their mouth
Old May 27, 2008, 09:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulations to the haters . We had a little race up here in Indy and some industry heavy hitters were in town , I showed them the forum and guess what they saw? They all said there is no way there getting involved with anything to do with Evolutions after seeing first hand what happens on this forum, and I for one can’t blame them. Then they asked why I was interested in getting involved in something so screwed up and that I should drop this deal and get back to real racing. Possibly the best advice I’ve gotten in awhile. Great job showing your ***, what they could have brought to the table would have been big. Thank You, Indy... BTW my RS is now for sale, thanks for ruining another hobby.

Last edited by Indy Evo; May 27, 2008 at 09:54 AM.
Old May 27, 2008, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
Sparktech.... why do you give 2 flying donkey dongs about what we run?

You don't have a car competing other than "sponsoring" Paul's tin can so why does it matter so much to you?

Maybe this new rear end setup we did is something else of ours you can copy and ***** out.
Bah SparkTech hasn't given me anything! I just really like how his systems is wired and the quality that goes into it.

Craig does have a sexy voice
Old May 27, 2008, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

You don't have a car competing other than "sponsoring" Paul's tin can so why does it matter so much to you?

Maybe this new rear end setup we did is something else of ours you can copy and ***** out.
LOL by the way. I look at it this way Jarrod, what you guys do over there with the pump gas hero's speaks volumes about the work Buschur Racing does. Yes having a fast shop car is an accomplishment to be proud of but the average Joe, I believe, is more impressed by 35R running straight pump(93) at 30psi busting out 10's all day long. Don't sweat the rest.
Old May 27, 2008, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Paul Nelson
Bah SparkTech hasn't given me anything! I just really like how his systems is wired and the quality that goes into it.

Craig does have a sexy voice
Let me start by saying, I like a lot of the things you have done Paul, and appreciate how much info you share. However, why would you make that statement when you clearly list sparktech as a sponsor in your sig.
Old May 27, 2008, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2highpsi
Let me start by saying, I like a lot of the things you have done Paul, and appreciate how much info you share. However, why would you make that statement when you clearly list sparktech as a sponsor in your sig.

Because i want to support him as a business and i like the guy. He does help us with tech stuff
Old May 27, 2008, 09:46 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Indy Evo
Congratulations to the haters . We had a little race up here in Indy and some industry heavy hitters were in town , I showed them the forum and guess what they saw? They all said there is no way there getting involved with anything to do with Evolutions after seeing first hand what happens on this forum, and I for one can’t blame them. Then they asked why I was interested in getting involved in something so screwed up and that I should drop this deal and get back to real racing. Possibly the best advice I’ve gotten in awhile. Great job showing your ***, what they could have brought to the table would have been big. Thank You, Indy... BTW my RS is now for sale thanks, for ruining another hobby.
You're selling your car because people on the internet have opinions?
Old May 27, 2008, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 9sec240
Its not a 9" for sure......

Hah, that picture my wife took has definitely been making the rounds. Dave was making fun of her at the time, crawling around on the ground snapping pictures.
Old May 27, 2008, 10:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
But Logic..... All rights are reserved to those pics so wouldn't anyone posting that be guilty of copyright infringement?

Im going to start reporting people. I need something to whine about too

Oh damn.... how do I love the intrawebz, haters and **** talkers.

Old May 27, 2008, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Indy Evo
Congratulations to the haters . We had a little race up here in Indy and some industry heavy hitters were in town , I showed them the forum and guess what they saw? They all said there is no way there getting involved with anything to do with Evolutions after seeing first hand what happens on this forum, and I for one can’t blame them. Then they asked why I was interested in getting involved in something so screwed up and that I should drop this deal and get back to real racing. Possibly the best advice I’ve gotten in awhile. Great job showing your ***, what they could have brought to the table would have been big. Thank You, Indy... BTW my RS is now for sale, thanks for ruining another hobby.

I hope you aren't really getting out of Evos over something like this. A lot of this BS sucks but arguements are inevitable with so much passion and drive. It's the same passion and drive that has made people push the envelope so far with these cars.
Old May 27, 2008, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1dYpnd_9TFs
Old May 27, 2008, 10:11 AM
Former Sponsor

How do you know WHAT SPARK TECH HAS? How do you know we are not prepping a car....oh cause we haven't whored it out...
There are very big and clear differences between our product...but this has been dealt with a long time ago....Back at the issue at hand....no personal attacks. This affects alot of guys. Fair is Fair and I'll stand up for it everytime!
Let us speculate for a bit.....If I showed up at last years shootout with this combination would your boss have let us run? Now bear in mind I've been to the shootouts before and have seen the rules
Old May 27, 2008, 10:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SparkTech
How do you know WHAT SPARK TECH HAS? How do you know we are not prepping a car....oh cause we haven't whored it out...
There are very big and clear differences between our product...but this has been dealt with a long time ago....Back at the issue at hand....no personal attacks. This affects alot of guys. Fair is Fair and I'll stand up for it everytime!
Let us speculate for a bit.....If I showed up at last years shootout with this combination would your boss have let us run? Now bear in mind I've been to the shootouts before and have seen the rules
Whatever you say......

Anyways

Run what ya brung Cletus!

http://buschurforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20243

Quick 16

Rules have always been the same.
Old May 27, 2008, 10:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks Jrod.....any vendor spots available?

Quick Reply: Any results or times from the shoot out