Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Any results or times from the shoot out

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2008, 06:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn, there is going to be a lot of updates to the Fastest 2008 list after just 1 event..With what BR is doing with street cars, I can just imagine when BR race car comes back out, the damage its going to inflict!!!
Old May 25, 2008, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vwjeff
Thanks Mellon, I feel the same about you car bro

Yes BOSS...

10.21 at 146.30mph, on Q16 and 40psi.

I wanted a 9 something at 150. I need tires really bad. I am still on my stock Advans. I still have the stock brakes, suspention, sound deading is still in the car, rear washer tank (empty this time), and my factory sub in the trunk

So much weight needs to come out, but I dont wanna make it a hunk of junk

Such an impressive feat for a basically full weight street car vwjeff .

Who would have thought a near 9-second street driven full weight Evo was possible back when the first Evo 8's hit the US market.

Can't wait for the video.
Old May 25, 2008, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Updates, the event was excellent, excellent weather, great turn out of specatators and a decent number of race cars. This is the 1st year for this event and it was actually advertised wrong so it hurt the overall turn out. It was listed as a DSM/EVO Shootout rather than an Import Shootout. I am still happy, it was MUCH larger than the previous Subaru VS Mitsubishi event. This event will be HUGE next year. I am guessing within a few years it will grow to be larger than the DSM/EVO Shootout.

Here are some times that were run today.

Buschur Racing's EVOX, 12.29 at 111
My RS, 9.42 at 155.51
Buschur Racing's black drag EVO, 8.89 at 165 mph
Matt Smith 10.2 at 146 mph
Eric Nixon, 10.4 at 145 mph
Tim Gential, 10.05 at 145 mph
Jeff Oswalt, 10.2 at 146 mph

Eric, Tim and Jeff all drove to and from the track, Eric drove about 1.5 hours each way. Jeff drove 2 hours each way and Tim drove almost 4 hours each way. All of the competed successfully and drove back home.

The event had some bad *** close racing. Trent ended up racing Jeff in the semi finals, the race was won by Trent by .008 seconds.

The semi finals in Q16 was between our black car and Kevin K's FWD. Our black car ran a losing 8.89 to Kevin's 8.99, AWESOME race.

Trent ran the black EVO with AMS on the side of it (sorry my mind is blank and I know the owners name but can't remember it) that race was also very very close at the finish line. Trent lost with a 10.20'ish run to the winners low low 10. Also, congrats to him as he ran his first ever 9 second run (the black EVO with the AMS stickers) this weekend, a 9.98, very nice job.

It was a GREAT event. Tons of passes were possible and it was some of the fastest/closest racing I have seen.

Thanks to everyone who came out. Thanks to those of you that allowed us to build your cars and for hanging out and making it all so much fun.
Old May 25, 2008, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

Dave, was your rs on pump or c16?
Old May 25, 2008, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Props to BR and his crew, wish I could have been there. I will be at the DSM shootout!
Old May 25, 2008, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by just a neon
Dave, was your rs on pump or c16?
If that was on pump he would of certainly have mentioned
Old May 25, 2008, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
My RS, 9.42 at 155.51

Lord Have Mercy.. That is with the HTA35r? What does your car weigh these days.. Doesnt really matter that is just plain Retarted.. Kudos!
Old May 25, 2008, 07:27 PM
Account Disabled

wow that's a ton of 145mph + runs...nice job guys
Old May 25, 2008, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my god, seeing these times week in and week out is going to push me to purchase your block way before i want too
Old May 25, 2008, 07:33 PM

a ams evo won the shootout then?
Old May 25, 2008, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

Thank you for having these events year after year Dave. It is very much appreciated! Can't wait till the DSM/EVO shootout.

Also their are a bunch of pics over on the Buschur Forums guys.
Old May 25, 2008, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

More awesome times!! Ever since I left your shop tuesday Dave all I can think about is an hta35r kit. I'm selling my 4 wheeler, hell with it, 35r here I come.
Old May 25, 2008, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 4G63DSM
doesn't the PROCCOS evo use nitrous? i am pretty sure it does....

Nitrous is lame... anything can make power with nitrous.... it is the only reason so many street domestics are so quick... more gs than a dentist's office..
You comments add nothing to this discussion. What you're saying is rediculously closed minded and worthless. That is the exact same as saying "Boost is lame... anything can make power with boost.... it is the only reason so many street imports are so quick"

They are simply two different methods of achieveing the same end result - getting more oxygen into the engine so you can add more fuel and make a bigger bang. That's it. One happens to be more popular with imports, the other happens to be more popular with domestics. . .

Back on topic -- Congratulations to all winners today!! My buddy ran his first ever pass in the 9's using AMS's new GT850R turbo and won the AWD DOT tire class.

I believe Kigley ran in the 8's a couple times.

The announcer said AL's car spit a piece of piston or rod out of the motor and that it was laying on the side of the track. Hope it is something less severe and you're back up and running again soon.

Buschur's RS had a hose come loose and spit coolant on Trent's leg, so Trent made his last 2 runs in a borrowed low 10 second EVO. Should be an easy fix, but sounds like a mess to clean up. Thank God the hot coolant didn't burn him worse. Imagine if you had been wearing shorts!

There was a DSM there that grenaded on the launch and continued down the track at 5mph spilling oil the whole length of the track. That gave us a nice lunch break while they cleaned the track.

Seemed like a high number of failures today compared to what I've seen at the DSM/EVO shootout. Perhaps it's because it's early in the season and everyone is still getting the bugs worked out . . .
Old May 25, 2008, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
My car is running an OFF THE SHELF HTA35r.

The RS was run on Q16 fuel.

I honestly do not know what my car weighs. I have concentrated a lot on making smart weight reductions without ruining the car. Here are some things I have to make it light:

No spare, our rear diff supports, our center member, Giro disc rotors, CCW wheels/Hoosier DOT tires, lightweight radiator, no A/C, no sound deadening, no ABS, removal of any BS factory brackets. CF hood and trunk.

Here are somethings that I feel make it and keep it a legit street car:

Full factory interior, front and rear seats, center counsole, door panels, all the door beams are intact, air bags are intact, double DIN DVD player, 6 speakers, carpet, full factory dash, heater and duct work all intact etc. Factory gas tank, factory fuel lines-feed and return, NOTHING has been cut off the car and I have no holes and crap all drilled in the car. Full factory glass, headliner, factory steel roof. Factory size Giro Disc rotors, factory Brembo calipers.

The car was down about 40 whp from where it was a few weeks ago. It was still down today, I was shocked it ran as quick and as fast as it did.
Old May 25, 2008, 08:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Sounds like a fun day.

Dave are you still running a DOT tire or full slick now, car is running great.

Sean

Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
You comments add nothing to this discussion. What you're saying is rediculously closed minded and worthless. That is the exact same as saying "Boost is lame... anything can make power with boost.... it is the only reason so many street imports are so quick"

They are simply two different methods of achieveing the same end result - getting more oxygen into the engine so you can add more fuel and make a bigger bang. That's it. One happens to be more popular with imports, the other happens to be more popular with domestics. . .

Back on topic -- Congratulations to all winners today!! My buddy ran his first ever pass in the 9's using AMS's new GT850R turbo and won the AWD DOT tire class.

I believe Kigley ran in the 8's a couple times.

The announcer said AL's car spit a piece of piston or rod out of the motor and that it was laying on the side of the track. Hope it is something less severe and you're back up and running again soon.

Buschur's RS had a hose come loose and spit coolant on Trent's leg, so Trent made his last 2 runs in a borrowed low 10 second EVO. Should be an easy fix, but sounds like a mess to clean up. Thank God the hot coolant didn't burn him worse. Imagine if you had been wearing shorts!

There was a DSM there that grenaded on the launch and continued down the track at 5mph spilling oil the whole length of the track. That gave us a nice lunch break while they cleaned the track.

Seemed like a high number of failures today compared to what I've seen at the DSM/EVO shootout. Perhaps it's because it's early in the season and everyone is still getting the bugs worked out . . .

Quick Reply: Any results or times from the shoot out