Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Any results or times from the shoot out

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2008, 03:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is better than soap opera !!!!!!!!!

u know what lets do something better lets talk about ahhhh HONDAS b16 k20 k24hahahahaahahaha just kidding
please continue .... anyonelse jumping in to the ring with mike awd motorsports?????????????
Old May 27, 2008, 03:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RACE MAN
BTW my Evo 9 DD did in april 06 10.89 @ 127 and it was the first evo 9 to run 10 on a stock turbo and forgot that DSM was Automatic Stay Cocky you dont know me and I deserve more respect.

wow, what size helmet do you use? That is a nice 60ft and all but if you feel the need to talk about yourself make a new thread, don't clutter this one up any more then it all ready is.
Old May 27, 2008, 03:10 PM
Former Sponsor

i didn't go to work today to see how this ended !!!!!!!!!
Old May 27, 2008, 03:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RACE MAN
BTW my Evo 9 DD did in april 06 10.89 @ 127 and it was the first evo 9 to run 10 on a stock turbo and forgot that DSM was Automatic Stay Cocky you dont know me and I deserve more respect.
The car was 5spd, you are misinformed.. Be careful your head doesnt get too big, they might not have a helmet your size..
Old May 27, 2008, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

I love what Dave did to the car personally. Im actually surprised nobody has taken it farther then what has been seen "besides that rwd evo" in the last 5 years.

My only point in all this is i believe that just becouse some people like us get this aggressive with there car doesn't mean that majority of the community does and why should they be penalized to not get recognition for there accomplishments. For instance maybe Joe Blow has the quickest car for his mods but becouse there are complete drag cars the list is full with faster times that are impossible to get to without doing HEAVY modifications.

But at the same time Mike, Dave, ect.. are all right. There really is not any way to regulate it. This is very sad becouse people's word now days does not mean $hit! and might say they have a street car but with mods that wouldnt make it a street car so to speak just to be on top of the list.

Again this is very sad to me. I don't understand why people would do this becouse it just kills the racing spirit. But whatever im done now this is going no where.

On a side note Jim and 9sec9 it hurts me to hear the decisions that you guys made over a internet forum. You can go to any sanctioned NHRA forum and you will see the same thing going on. You think this place is bad go look at NWDragBikes.com which all are full of season points racers and are just as bad.

Chris
Old May 27, 2008, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2k4EvoVIII
On a side note Jim and 9sec9 it hurts me to hear the decisions that you guys made over a internet forum. You can go to any sanctioned NHRA forum and you will see the same thing going on. You think this place is bad go look at NWDragBikes.com which all are full of season points racers and are just as bad.

Chris
It isn't the Forum that takes the blame. It's the quality of it's contents.
Old May 27, 2008, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 9sec9
It isn't the Forum that takes the blame. It's the quality of it's contents.
Very Understandable!
Old May 27, 2008, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

I have been reading this thread since the beginning when I was waiting to see the results of the Import Shootout. Then this thread took a turn for the worst with this back and forth bashing and **** just hit the fan and went !! Myself along with many other members that I have spoke with, have lost alot of respect for a few big named people in the Evo community. Many of you say this is your business and you tell people on this forum don't do this and don't do that or it will hurt your business, well this crap going on here isn't going to help anyone. I still can't believe this thread is still open, its supposed to be about the results of the shootout!!
Rant over
Old May 27, 2008, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
So did Gary do the chassis work?
Old May 27, 2008, 03:56 PM
Account Disabled

No Excuses!
Old May 27, 2008, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 9sec240
I would love to see what everybody would say about an Evo with a north south transplant backed by a TH400 with an NP 205 Xfer case and straight axle front and rear suspension...

Meets all the qualifications of 4G, Evo and AWD....

LOL..
i'd say go for it, love to see it
Old May 27, 2008, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
9sec9, not sure if I made the list of big disapointments to you, hopefully not as I respect you. I have remained as nice as I personally can be in this thread. I think I took about 8 pages of hate and crap before I even got a response in.

Yes, Gary Reese did the chassis work, he had the car about 4 months.

raceman, I hate to be the one who tells you but "respect" is earned, no "deserved". You haven't done anything I've seen to earn or deserve respect. You've driven some other people's cars and non of them hold any real record. I don't know if it is your English or your true attitude but you come across like a cocky *****.

So you guys know there are things I am dead set against too, I just don't start a war over them and cry. Nitrous is one thing I hate seeing used as I just don't think it's neeed. I've used it and had great results. I've said it a few times already but I HATED HATED seeing perfectly good EVO's getting cut up in the first place. It has been the natural progression of this though.

The Buick racers have always had a motto, "Going Fast with Class." I used their saying for years and years with the DSM's because I liked it so much. If you look at the rules for the LARGEST, most attended and most organized Mitsubishi only race in the world, which is the Buschur Racing DSM/EVO Shootout, you will find the rules are structured to promote keeping DSM's and EVO's looking good and not cut up piles of crap. You can find these rules on our website. There are literally thousands of cars that have been built over the last 16 years of the Shootout to meet the rules. I have the only race where there are set rules that are enforced for DSM's and EVO's.

I don't want this to sound like a one sided "I'm the best and have the only opinion" type statement BUT........since our race is the largest and most attended by far why not just go by the rule structure that is there and has been there for 16 years.

Our race is extremely tolerant to everyone and has specific classes set up for different records and types of cars. It is quite suprising how well known the race and structure of it are actually.

I'll go cut and paste the rule structure here for everyone to read. BRB.
Old May 27, 2008, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Here is the partial list of what is on our site. These are the rules to run and class your car at the shootout. This makes a place for everyone to run based on mods, tires and gutted'ness. Enjoy the read:

16th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT

Presented by:
Buschur Racing, Dynoflash, DSM Tuners, and Exedy Clutches

-Saturday, August 16th. Open house, dyno shootout and car show held at Buschur Racing in Wakeman, Ohio. Don't miss this, it is a huge turn out and great time.

***Change for 2008's dyno competition. There will be TWO classes this year. One for Stock Appearing Turbo's DSM/EVO and another for NON Stock Appearing Turbo's DSM/EVO.

-Sunday, August 17th. Gates open at Norwalk Raceway park at 8am. Track closes at 5 pm

-Quick 16 qualifying at 10 am, 11 am and 12 pm.
-Time trials from 8 am until noon. When racing is completed time trials will begin again.
-Car and driver entry fee is $35. Spectator entry fee is $15. Kids 12 and under are free.
-FILL OUT YOUR TECH CARDS NEATLY AND COMPLETELY. Failure to do so will result in NOT receiving ANY prizes for your win!! Tech cards must be turned in at the head of the staging lanes before you make your first pass.
-Your class designation goes on the windshield followed by the number on your tech card. Class designations are listed in parenthesis next to the class names below. This is your class/car number for the day. You will time trial and race from the same lane all day. Lane assignments listed below.
-For 2007 any Mitsubishi powered vehicle can run at the shootout as long as it had either the original engine in the car (420A, 1.8 liter Mitsu, Stealth-3000GT, 3 liter Mitsu V6 etc.) or is powered by any one of these Mitsu engines. Cars NOT powered by a 4G63 MUST run in either Bracket 1 or Bracket 2.

DSM STOCK APPEARING (DSA)
-Heads up class. Pro Tree. LANE 1
-Any 1990-1999 Talon, Eclipse, Laser or Galant VR4
-Full interior required. Full exhaust required. NO nitrous. DOT 140+ treadwear tires only.
-FMIC's OK but must fit without any visable cutting of the front fascia. NO external wastegates. NO sheetmetal intakes. NO air to water intercoolers. NO headers. COP ignition OK. Sheetmetal 02 housings with recirculating dumps OK. Turbos must remain stock appearing except for the 2g DSM which can upgrade to the TD05H apearing turbos.
-Open element air filter OK for speed density conversions but must be done neatly and retain stock position of air filter.
-All participants in this class will qualify, time trial and race from lane #1.
-On your windshield you will put in large print DSA followed by the number from your tech card.

DSM ELIMINATOR (DSE) Sponsored by DSMTUNERS.com
-Heads up class. Pro Tree. LANE 2
-Any 1990-1999 Talon, Eclipse, Laser or Galant VR4
-This is for the more seriously modified DSM. The only rules are full interior, full exhaust, NO nitrous and ANY DOT tire.
-All DSM Eliminator cars will qualify, time trial and race from lane #2
-On your windshield you will put in large print, DSE followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.

EVO STOCK APPEARING (ESA)
-Heads up class. Pro Tree. LANE 3
-Evolution 7's, 8's and 9's only.
-Car must retain stock appearing intake and exhaust manifolds. Stock appearing turbo. Sheetmetal 02 housings with recirculating dumps OK. Full exhaust is required. Intercooler, intercooler plumbing, MAF inlet, air filter, battery kits are all OK for this class. Good example of a legal appearing car is a Buschur Racing Stage 4 EVO. Beyond those mods the car will not pass for stock appearing. NO nitrous. DOT tires with 140+ treadwear only.
-All EVO Stock Appearing cars will qualify, time trial and race from LANE 3.
-On your windshield you will put in large print, ESA followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.

EVO ELIMINATOR (EE) Sponsored by Exedy clutches
-Heads up class. Pro tree. LANE 4
-Evolution 7's, 8's and 9's only.
-This is for the more modified Evolutions. The only rules are full interior, full exhaust, NO nitrous and ANY DOT tire.
-All Evo Eliminator cars will qualify, time trial and race from LANE #4.
-On your windshield you will put in large print, EE followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.

EVO X (EX)
-Heads up class. Pro tree. LANE 5
-This class will be for ANY EVO X's.
-NO Nitrous, full interiors, full exhaust, DOT tire 140+ treadwear or higher. Stock appearing turbos only.
-All EVO X cars will qualify, time trial and race from LANE #5.
-On your windshield you will put in large print, EX followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.
**IF your EVO X does not fit these class rules you can run in the standard EVO Eliminator class, Q16 or one of the bracket classes.

BRACKET 1 (B1)
-This is a handicapped start class for cars running between 0-12.99 seconds. LANE 5
-ANYTHING goes as long as it is Mitsubishi powered OR is a Mitsubishi bodied car with the OEM engine in it.
-All Bracket 1 cars will qualify, time trial and race from LANE #5.
-On your windshield you will put in large print, B1 followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.

BRACKET 2 (B2)
-This is a handicapped start class for cars running 13.00 and slower. LANE 6
-ANYTHING goes as long as it is Mitsubishi powered OR is a Mitsubishi bodied car with the OEM engine in it.
-All Bracket 2 cars will qualify, time trial and race from LANE #6
-On your windshield you will put in large print, B2 followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.

QUICK 16 (Q16)
-Heads up Pro Tree. Anything goes as long as it is 4G63 powered. NO tube chassis cars. You MUST qualify at one of the qualifying times to enter this class. If you do NOT qualify you can enter in any other class your car FITS THE RULES for. LANE 8.
-All Quick 16 cars will qualify, time trial and race from LANE #8
-On your windshield you will put in large print, Q16 followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.
Old May 27, 2008, 05:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Ill be bringing 1 cars for EE, 1 for q16 and 1 for stock appearing.... dont know how i am getting them all there but they are going!!
Old May 27, 2008, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Ill be bringing 1 cars for EE, 1 for q16 and 1 for stock appearing.... dont know how i am getting them all there but they are going!!
start driving 2 weeks before the event. drive there fly back. get in another car and drive there and fly back and drive the last one there. who cares how you get them there.

Quick Reply: Any results or times from the shoot out