Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Any results or times from the shoot out

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2008, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big thumbs up to buschur for doing what he did. I know of a few others that are doing the same thing...
Old May 28, 2008, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
This is a totally illogical assertion

What matters is that my car weighs in over 3100 lbs when I am ready to take a pass down the track with my full exhuast which was not in the car this weekend
YOU AND YOUR CAR WEIGH IN AT OVER 3100 lbs, big difference between saying your car, and me in my car , when we are talking about an Al....

Scorke
Old May 28, 2008, 08:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by inco9nito99
Unbelievable! I just really hope BR{THUMBUP}/AMS/Procco/Paul/Mike show up to the Shootout this year, would definitely solidify it as a world class event!

I will be there 150% no doubt and i am bringing 3 cars now.. 1 for q16, 1 for EE and 1 for Street appearance.. Lets see who talks and who actually shows up..
Old May 28, 2008, 09:00 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by scorke
YOU AND YOUR CAR WEIGH IN AT OVER 3100 lbs, big difference between saying your car, and me in my car , when we are talking about an Al....

Scorke
A few points

#1 - All sanctioning bodies weight the car and driver after it runs down the track. This makes sense as it is the car and driver which are being accelerated down the track.

#2 - No excuses. Hot air and small talk don't get you down the track.
Old May 28, 2008, 09:01 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
I will be there 150% no doubt and i am bringing 3 cars now.. 1 for q16, 1 for EE and 1 for Street appearance.. Lets see who talks and who actually shows up..
I have been there every year since the Evo came out

We ran a 11.65 in August of 2003 - Dan C. Driving - I was stuck at 12.1

God willing I will be there also
Old May 28, 2008, 09:02 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by evolved83
Big thumbs up to buschur for doing what he did. I know of a few others that are doing the same thing...
Yes I have heard of the other solid axel evos
Old May 28, 2008, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good get off your butt and have fun !

Remember - it takes more than a one hit wonder time slip to win races, it takes a consistant and reliable machine. At last year's rain delayed shootout, your car, the AMS car and the Buschur car all sat broken before the 1st round. My car has been so unreliable this year I would be more suprized if it made it down the track than if it broke.

I am changing directions, after this weekend I am laying off the huge power scene and going with a more reliable and consistant set up.

As a one man team like yourself, I have a huge collection of trophies and wins. Somehow, after I got into the power championships I created a car which is unable to finish a race.

All of this is positive as it gets me thinking.

Al
I got almost everything done last night, thanks for your motivation. I have never been a one hit wonder, never have and never will. I know what it takes to win races, know when to push the car, when to let off. As you and I both know, not always the faster guy wins a race, consistency, reliability, patience and skill all play a factor as well. Yes my car did hit the sidelines last year at the DSM Shootout, due to a fuel pump failure. What you didn't see was what it took to even get the car to the event. I feel that was an accomplishment in itself and I was there to support the other racers, even AMS when they needed an ignition box.

I have also considered moving back to a 35r as seeing David's street car running 155 mph is just insane, I can't imagine what a full out race car would do on his setup . Once you pass that 700 whp range the Evo can get quite expensive maitenance wise, almost not worth the extra few .10ths

Thats what i hope if anything will come out of this thread... I have a feeling its put some fire under alot of peoples asses including mine.. I am ready to get back in the saddle and move up that ever so controversial " List "..
Oh it definitely has, in fact I am working something out with my friend and fellow racer Jake Montgomery to get the Evo at an event in a few weeks.

Originally Posted by evil_eagle
Oh snap!! Trust me guys I've been flipping Dan **** for weeks about it I can't wait to get my hands back on that thing, that car is going to be fun! I sure hope your out there in the garage putting those shifter cables in I sent ya

With how the car is setup and how much it made on the mustang dyno, if Dan gets a clean pass that thing is going to rip for sure! with Dan behind the wheel I can only imagine what that thing is going to do.

Damn, I just realized he's going to stomp my *** at BOTI in vegas DAMNIT!! haha.
You have been a great inspiration, thank you for all your motivation! We will get this beast down the track and hit a good number I just know it.
Old May 28, 2008, 09:20 AM
Former Sponsor

I cannot even find the post and I am very limited on time. I appreciate all of the kind words and support. It makes me sick the car is taking so long but we we will not go into why right now.

What people may not understand is that I tried very hard to stay IRS. If you understand how the diff is held in a dsm you will see that it would be very difficult and very expensive to do as well as very heavy.

It did get to the point where it was just stripping ring and pinions and breaking pinion shafts off every few passes at $600 a unit my cost or more sucked. The car went almost 150 to the 1/8th so even breakage before the 1/8 could put you into the wall HARD.

Also not many people know but the last few passes on the car were really starting to show improvements. It ran a 3.36 in the 330ft on the last pass before it lost traction and while trying to keep the car straight and shift at the same time I mis shifted from 3rd to 2nd and killed the motor. To put that in perspective it ran a 3.44 on the 7.70 and even on the 7.70 we had boost issues in 4th gear which hurt the mph. Gaining almost a tenth and having the boost problem fixed would have easily netted a 7.5 but it was not safe to take the car back out as it was.

Last edited by jshepherd; May 28, 2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old May 28, 2008, 10:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jshepherd
I cannot even find the post and I am very limited on time. I appreciate all of the kind words and support. It makes me sick the car is taking so long but we we will not go into why right now.

What people may not understand is that I tried very hard to stay IRS. If you understand how the diff is held in a dsm you will see that it would be very difficult and very expensive to do as well as very heavy.

It did get to the point where it was just stripping ring and pinions and breaking pinion shafts off every few passes at $600 a unit my cost or more sucked. The car went almost 150 to the 1/8th so even breakage before the 1/8 could put you into the wall HARD.

Also not many people know but the last few passes on the car were really starting to show improvements. It ran a 3.36 in the 1/8 on the last pass before it lost traction and while trying to keep the car straight and shift at the same time I mis shifted from 3rd to 2nd and killed the motor. To put that in perspective it ran a 3.44 on the 7.70 and even on the 7.70 we had boost issues in 4th gear which hurt the mph. Gaining almost a tenth and having the boost problem fixed would have easily netted a 7.5 but it was not safe to take the car back out as it was.

I had to a double take their for a sec.. I think you meant 3.36 in the 330ft.. I dont think most people realize the the amount of damage you will inflict at the HP you put down in AWD.. Not to take anything away from Brent but the last thing he has to worry about is driveline.. with a 9" and Gforce tranny it doesnt come any more reliable IMO... AWD is just a mess for any car making big HP.. Good luck with the new setup John!!
Old May 28, 2008, 10:09 AM

If your a TRUE fan of racing or A TRUE die hard racer. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO OR WHAT IS IN THE OTHER LANE. Seems like alot of people are afraid of CHANGE, If it wasn't for change we wont have alot of records today and wont reach where we are today in general. EVERYTHING around us CHANGES thats how we progress, so people should stop whining about certain things and JUST BRING IT FOR 2008.
To me, if these guys have highly modded car's they should do whatever it takes to be more reliable. Some people have ideas and use their knowledge to let it be reality, why critize their thoughts and creativity. I respect someone who sits and think how to be more reliable without lacking performance especially knowing their at the stage where parts can break at any given time, if they have a solution to the problem, it's on them to experiment and if it works GREAT!!,thats the person achievement. Remember, if you have a bunch of highly modded cars on the track that constantly break parts because of their extremity , WHAT FUN would that be on a race day, you'll just be watching a whole bunch of cleans up leading into a wasted day.
Real racers will always race no matter who or what their opponent did to their cars, if you don't like your opponent get out the way and let another real racer do his job.
Jeff Taylor, founder of Monster.com always say PEOPLE WITH EXCUSES, STAY AWAY FROM THEM. If your in a sport,hobby or whatever it is you do, WHY LIMIT yourself, MOVE FORWARD because at the end of the day people who move forward REAP THE MOST BENEFITS and in this industry we all know who reap the most benefits, these are the same people who are not afraid of taking a risk and also the ones who have accepted "CHANGE"
Old May 28, 2008, 10:17 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by supa_89
If your a TRUE fan of racing or A TRUE die hard racer. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO OR WHAT IS IN THE OTHER LANE. Seems like alot of people are afraid of CHANGE, If it wasn't for change we wont have alot of records today and wont reach where we are today in general. EVERYTHING around us CHANGES thats how we progress, so people should stop whining about certain things and JUST BRING IT FOR 2008.
To me, if these guys have highly modded car's they should do whatever it takes to be more reliable. Some people have ideas and use their knowledge to let it be reality, why critize their thoughts and creativity. I respect someone who sits and think how to be more reliable without lacking performance especially knowing their at the stage where parts can break at any given time, if they have a solution to the problem, it's on them to experiment and if it works GREAT!!,thats the person achievement. Remember, if you have a bunch of highly modded cars on the track that constantly break parts because of their extremity , WHAT FUN would that be on a race day, you'll just be watching a whole bunch of cleans up leading into a wasted day.
Real racers will always race no matter who or what their opponent did to their cars, if you don't like your opponent get out the way and let another real racer do his job.
Jeff Taylor, founder of Monster.com always say PEOPLE WITH EXCUSES, STAY AWAY FROM THEM. If your in a sport,hobby or whatever it is you do, WHY LIMIT yourself, MOVE FORWARD because at the end of the day people who move forward REAP THE MOST BENEFITS and in this industry we all know who reap the most benefits, these are the same people who are not afraid of taking a risk and also the ones who have accepted "CHANGE"

Amen

What conforts me in this hobby and makes it worth while is the few people out there who "get it" - there are some great friends to be made in this business
Old May 28, 2008, 10:34 AM

Amen

What conforts me in this hobby and makes it worth while is the few people out there who "get it" - there are some great friends to be made in this business
Totally Agree

Last edited by supa_89; May 28, 2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old May 28, 2008, 10:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Supa.. Very well said.. Looks like once again more and more people agree to either STEP UP, STEP OUT OR GET RUN OVER!!!
Old May 28, 2008, 10:44 AM
Former Sponsor

I had to a double take their for a sec.. I think you meant 3.36 in the 330ft.. I dont think most people realize the the amount of damage you will inflict at the HP you put down in AWD.. Not to take anything away from Brent but the last thing he has to worry about is driveline.. with a 9" and Gforce tranny it doesnt come any more reliable IMO... AWD is just a mess for any car making big HP.. Good luck with the new setup John!!
Haha shouldn't type while on the phone. It has went as quick as a 5.0 in the 1/8th but should have hit the 4.9 on that pass. I'll have to dig up the in car video on that pass and edit out calling myself an idiot at the top of my lungs for throwing away a good pass.
Old May 28, 2008, 10:45 AM

Supa.. Very well said.. Looks like once again more and more people agree to either STEP UP, STEP OUT OR GET RUN OVER!!!
Thank you..I wish everyone would read what I wrote and find some meaning in it.

Quick Reply: Any results or times from the shoot out