Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Any results or times from the shoot out

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2008, 10:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jshepherd
Haha shouldn't type while on the phone. It has went as quick as a 5.0 in the 1/8th but should have hit the 4.9 on that pass. I'll have to dig up the in car video on that pass and edit out calling myself an idiot at the top of my lungs for throwing away a good pass.
Hey **** happens.. Im sure everyone would like to see the video tho!!
Old May 28, 2008, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW. This thread is NUTS....

I can't believe read all 37 pages of it...

I should've read the cliff notes...

It would've been "STEP UP or DON'T STEP AT ALL..
Old May 28, 2008, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by warp9
hey Jake you going to the Shootout? Would love to see your car in person! Real nice machine.

I don't think we will be able to make it this year, with the diesel prices at damn near $5/gallon it would kill our pocket books. That is over 2200miles one way. So you can only imagine how much it would cost in fuel alone.

We already made plans and are committed to one east coast event this year, and that is BOTI in Maryland at MIR on June 27th-28th. We will be at that one. 3 day trip one way
Total we have 10 events on schedule that we will be attending, 6 BOTI events, 2 local events. 1 NOPI event, and import face off in Dallas.
So with the events we have on tap the shootout falls too close to one of our events. We can't miss out on points with BOTI.

Hopefully we can make it to the shootout next year though.
Old May 28, 2008, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by supa_89
If your a TRUE fan of racing or A TRUE die hard racer. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO OR WHAT IS IN THE OTHER LANE. Seems like alot of people are afraid of CHANGE, If it wasn't for change we wont have alot of records today and wont reach where we are today in general. EVERYTHING around us CHANGES thats how we progress, so people should stop whining about certain things and JUST BRING IT FOR 2008.
To me, if these guys have highly modded car's they should do whatever it takes to be more reliable. Some people have ideas and use their knowledge to let it be reality, why critize their thoughts and creativity. I respect someone who sits and think how to be more reliable without lacking performance especially knowing their at the stage where parts can break at any given time, if they have a solution to the problem, it's on them to experiment and if it works GREAT!!,thats the person achievement. Remember, if you have a bunch of highly modded cars on the track that constantly break parts because of their extremity , WHAT FUN would that be on a race day, you'll just be watching a whole bunch of cleans up leading into a wasted day.
Real racers will always race no matter who or what their opponent did to their cars, if you don't like your opponent get out the way and let another real racer do his job.
Jeff Taylor, founder of Monster.com always say PEOPLE WITH EXCUSES, STAY AWAY FROM THEM. If your in a sport,hobby or whatever it is you do, WHY LIMIT yourself, MOVE FORWARD because at the end of the day people who move forward REAP THE MOST BENEFITS and in this industry we all know who reap the most benefits, these are the same people who are not afraid of taking a risk and also the ones who have accepted "CHANGE"
AMEN!!!!!!!

I just read through all 37 pages (and counting lol), and I must say, this has been one of the best post on EVO M for a long long long while. Healthy arguements, having some of the biggest names in the community chime in, and learning things (for me at least) along the way have been incredibly positive. I just gained so much more respect for our sport, our community, and all the leaders we have representing us.

Hopefully one day I will be competing with you guys.

Kenny
Old May 28, 2008, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by devoadam2
NOT TO SWING OF ANYBODYS BA##S LIKE SOME PEOPLE DO,,,,, dude u the one that pussed out on a ***** to the wall street race heads the f##k up black 40r evo vs your ka 240 so leave ur car out of this thread and what is the big deal anyhow buschur grab his b##Ls and put a proper rear end in that car before anyone else did sh## its not going to brake that for a while and as far as rules get the F### out here half of the cars runing at the shootouts are illegal in one way or another its all for good fun jealousy is a ***** when someone bit u to it
Ivan at work from Scott's account.

Adam, its very hard to understand what your huge run-on sentence is about but....

I think you are saying that I would not race an Evo from your shop? If somebody had ever asked me, I would have gladly raced it. The only Evo I remember talking to you about was DJ Markski's and you declined the race. Let me know the next time your 40R Evo is ready and we can set something up.

Thanks

Ivan from Scott's account.
Old May 28, 2008, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Interesting thread. I dont know why there is so much debate. A bunch of guys on here built cars that are not NHRA street class legal. PERIOD. This includes, full tube chassis's, backhalfs, glass changes, 9 second cars without safety equipment, etc. EvoM... a sanctioning body you guys are going to make me fall out of my chair. *edit removed air/water intercooler since it's legal in turbo street.

http://www.nhra.com/tech_specs/sport...C_Rulebook.pdf

Page 62 starts the requirements for NHRA Power Street class (AWD,FWD,RWD)

All of these examples should not be compared to cars that are class legal. PERIOD. Class legal cars work within the rules to achieve their results.

You dont see STREET cars, compared to HOTROD cars, or PROFWD cars do you? Well here on EvoM we do it... ha ha.

Backhalfing a car moves it from STREET to PRO FWD *edit corrected this as well. NHRA has rules for street class already, in print, very easy to read. It is too bad that they didnt keep subclasses for different drivetrains (AWD, FWD, RWD), that would have fixed most of the problems with the 2008 rules.

Last edited by Mr. Evo IX; May 29, 2008 at 09:39 AM.
Old May 28, 2008, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Seems like ALL the beef b/w shops is coming out..kinda entertaining actually in a sad way.
Old May 28, 2008, 02:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX
Backhalfing a car moves it from STREET to HOTROD. NHRA has rules for street class already, in print, very easy to read.
Per NHRA, now NOPI I guess, rules putting a solid axle in the car moves you straight into Pro FWD. I fought with them a little bit a couple years ago on this and they would not budge. I can understand a backhalve car being moved into Pro FWD but Shep's car was not a backhalved chassis(and neither is Buschurs) at the time.
Old May 28, 2008, 02:41 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Illrunya
AMEN!!!!!!!

I just read through all 37 pages (and counting lol), and I must say, this has been one of the best post on EVO M for a long long long while. Healthy arguements, having some of the biggest names in the community chime in, and learning things (for me at least) along the way have been incredibly positive. I just gained so much more respect for our sport, our community, and all the leaders we have representing us.

Hopefully one day I will be competing with you guys.

Kenny
I agree 100%

Healthy and respectful debate is a good thing IMHO

Al
Old May 28, 2008, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Shearer
Per NHRA, now NOPI I guess, rules putting a solid axle in the car moves you straight into Pro FWD. I fought with them a little bit a couple years ago on this and they would not budge. I can understand a backhalve car being moved into Pro FWD but Shep's car was not a backhalved chassis(and neither is Buschurs) at the time.
Thanks for the correction.
Old May 28, 2008, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Non stop action!! Keep it coming!
Nah seriously, go all out of you really want to go fast.

Shep has proved it a lot of times, now Buschur is doing so, probably AMS will as well with all that ton of power the car has now. Its all about racing, you bring what you want if you REALLY want to go fast, plain simple. Parts are sold to anyone, they are not restricted to X person, whoever that wants to buy them and can afford the, for an all out race car, go for it, thats what racing's about.

Good luck

PS: When the heck is the shootout, Im definately booking a flight, Im not missing it this year.
Old May 28, 2008, 04:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX
Interesting thread. I dont know why there is so much debate. A bunch of guys on here built cars that are not NHRA street class legal. PERIOD. This, Includes air to water intercoolers, full tube chassis's, backhalfs, glass changes, 9 second cars without safety equipment, etc. EvoM... a sanctioning body you guys are going to make me fall out of my chair.

http://www.nhra.com/tech_specs/sport...C_Rulebook.pdf

Page 62 starts the requirements for NHRA Power Street class (AWD,FWD,RWD)

All of these examples should not be compared to cars that are class legal. PERIOD. Class legal cars work within the rules to achieve their results.

You dont see STREET cars, compared to HOTROD cars, or PROFWD cars do you? Well here on EvoM we do it... ha ha.

Backhalfing a car moves it from STREET to HOTROD. NHRA has rules for street class already, in print, very easy to read. It is too bad that they didnt keep subclasses for different drivetrains (AWD, FWD, RWD), that would have fixed most of the problems with the 2008 rules.
Actually air/water intercoolers is legal in Turbo Street as is a fuel cell.. Truthfully, since i have raced all the east coast sanctioned Nopi events, It doesnt matter if you mix awd,rwd,fwd.. We all have different weight requirements to level the playing field along with turbo sizes and truthfully the FWD cars still own the class.. I am working on changing that soon though.. we will have my car much more consistent in the future events..
Old May 28, 2008, 04:16 PM
Evolving Member

So let me get this straight... Buschur puts a 4g63 into a Ford and everyone thought it was cool. But now they put a Ford rear end into an EVO and its a big deal. Why cant we just look at this and say, wow thats cool, now THATS innovation.

Who really cares what they do? They stepped the game up. If you cant play with the big boys then stay in the playground.
Old May 28, 2008, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
This surely has been an entertaining thread. A lot of things have come out and the amount of phone calls going on behind the scenes is much greater than the page count we are currently on! The amount of whining going on on the telephone is nuts. Be careful what you guys are saying and texting, it's getting back to me! haha You can't say one thing here and another to someone else

As I have said, I don't care what anyone thinks and I hate what NOPI/NHRA turned Import Racing into. It's a zoo now with too many rules and politics.

LoKiEvo, that's funny as hell what you said about the fords. haha For those of you that don't know what he's talking about my brother has a 1940 Ford Pick up he put a 4G63 in, it's on an S10 chassis with a Ranger pick up bed, everyone who sees it loves it.
Old May 28, 2008, 05:06 PM
Former Sponsor

<~~~~~~ NOTE to SELF... Dont talk **** about Dave as he is getting all the info VIA satellite..

Quick Reply: Any results or times from the shoot out