Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Any results or times from the shoot out

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2008, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what about the ams drag evo??
Old May 26, 2008, 08:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Looks like this weekend had all the right stuff for a great race....FAST CARS, NEW TIMES AND BLOWN MOTORS!! congrats to all the cars that ran in this race

The Shootout this year and the whole season is gonna be a very interesting

Al you've said it before....If your not breaking parts your not making enough power!
congrats on all your recent accomplishments and for the passion you bring to the sport
Old May 26, 2008, 09:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Paul Nelson
Hmm if thats true i don't see how its a true evo anymore. Like the evo that runs low 8.2 sec which has a tube frame we don't even look as a evo. Doesn't Shep run a ford 9" rear end? with a welded diff up front?

Its not a 9" for sure......

Old May 26, 2008, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Hmm... I might as well stick a power glide and 9" rear end with a trans lock and run with my other v8 buds who cut 1.2 60fts and run over and over

I just feel strongly about sticking to mitsu parts and making what we have work thats what gets me going. My good friend who has a full fabrication shop and builds 4 and 5sec drag cars really wants me to do this same setup i even have those shocks that are adjustable for rebound and compression. I just wont do it i really want to see how far we can go with what we have
Old May 26, 2008, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
My goal for the year was a 9.2 at 155 mph. Already have the 155 accomplished.

"just an observation"why don't you put this miracle motor & HTA set up on the black car? it might run 8.4 or faster

PD

The Black evo is NOW SFWD so it CAN NOT be consider all mitsu chasi/drivetrain to compete in the fastest mitsu list anymore !

Here are the rules for NOPI & NHRA http://ndra.nopi.com/2005/ndra_pro_rules.pdf OR http://www.nhra.com/tech_specs/sport...C_Rulebook.pdf
* Rear ends: O.E.M. bolt in differential casing allowed. No aftermarket substitutes that are not a direct fit application. Examples (8.8”, 9”, or 12 bolt). If vehicle comes stock with I.R.S., vehicle must stay that way for competition.

Last edited by ProccoEVO; May 26, 2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old May 26, 2008, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

edit.
Old May 26, 2008, 02:48 PM
Account Disabled

Hmm... I might as well stick a power glide and 9" rear end with a trans lock and run with my other v8 buds who cut 1.2 60fts and run over and over

I just feel strongly about sticking to mitsu parts and making what we have work thats what gets me going. My good friend who has a full fabrication shop and builds 4 and 5sec drag cars really wants me to do this same setup i even have those shocks that are adjustable for rebound and compression. I just wont do it i really want to see how far we can go with what we have
Paul

With all due respect I find your observations very self serving and self centered

You are like the pot calling the kettle black

Its like some dude driving down the road at 100 mph when some other guy tries to pass him at 120 and saying to his wife "Man, I may be a speeder but THAT lunatic is out of his mind"

Personally, what you have done to your own Evo is just as much of an obonination and distortion of what the Evo is all about as anything else I have seen.

I find it totally bizzare that a guy with a huge ice filled contraption on the front of his shell of a evo would have the nerve to say that what anyone else does is not "seeing how far they can do with what they have" what ever that means. Who is to judge where to draw the line?

If you want uniform rules and a even playing feild go compete in one of the few remaining import bodies such as Nopi and get your *** handed to you by a bunch of Hondas.

Otherwise, in Evo drag racing - there are no rules - and there should be no excuses. Drag racing is drag racing and most of the DRAG cars you see have these kind of modifications which are fairly standard. Just like time attack cars have their kind of modifications also.

At the end of the day, if you enjoy trying to make a fast Evo - like I do - do your own thing and do it for fun and let everyone else do what they want. There are no rules and no limits to what can be done.

Seeing a full weight street car like the Buschur Bad Bish RS go 9.4 shows me how much we all have to learn and how far we have to go.

Al
Old May 26, 2008, 02:50 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ProccoEVO
"just an observation"why don't you put this miracle motor & HTA set up on the black car? it might run 8.4 or faster

PD

The Black evo is NOW SFWD so it CAN NOT be consider all mitsu chasi/drivetrain to compete in the fastest mitsu list anymore !

Here are the rules for NOPI & NHRA http://ndra.nopi.com/2005/ndra_pro_rules.pdf OR http://www.nhra.com/tech_specs/sport...C_Rulebook.pdf
* Rear ends: O.E.M. bolt in differential casing allowed. No aftermarket substitutes that are not a direct fit application. Examples (8.8”, 9”, or 12 bolt). If vehicle comes stock with I.R.S., vehicle must stay that way for competition.
No one complained when Shep used a similar set up - (first used in a AWD by David Buschur years ago) in his Talon to run 7's

There are no rules in who has the fastest evo

I didnt see anyone complain when the thin plastic door facsimilies go flying off other gutted shells of evos at the shootout last year and clearly those are not legal in NOPI either

this is not NOPI

There are no rules

Only excuses

Move forward, get with the program or get run over
Old May 26, 2008, 02:52 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by SparkTech
Looks like this weekend had all the right stuff for a great race....FAST CARS, NEW TIMES AND BLOWN MOTORS!! congrats to all the cars that ran in this race

The Shootout this year and the whole season is gonna be a very interesting

Al you've said it before....If your not breaking parts your not making enough power!
congrats on all your recent accomplishments and for the passion you bring to the sport
Thanks Bro ! I have to tell you that my driving style has to soften up when I am breaking ARP rod fastners out of my rods.

I am going to try to lower my rev limit and take human size bites next time.

I was looking at ANOTHER drag evos data log which looks smilar to mine and you can see the abuse on the engine in 1st gear as the tires spin and you hold it to the rev limiter trying to gain enough vehilce speed to reach the 2nd gear shift point. If you look at the knock voltage you can see the harmonic abuse the car suffers in 1st gear bangin on the rev limiter.

Al

PS - I guess my mild annoyance was tempered with the sweet satisfaction of seeing my hard tuning work do so well on all the Evo X's at the event!

Here is a video of the in car EXPLOSION

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAyblOE6Eic

The announcer said I was shucking pistons

Here is a video of the event - although I was so busy driving my car I did not get that much footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtSkhGcgr_Q

Last edited by DynoFlash; May 26, 2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old May 26, 2008, 02:59 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Mellon
that's the right attitude Al, **** happens and it can be fixed. Making 1000+awhp things might tend to want to make an exit
I will be honest with you, after having 1,000 whp in a Evo for some time now I am starting to look at the Buschur Bad Bish and the Bad Bish II here at ICS and starting to do some math in my head and thinking how much more fun and how much easier to drive a 800 WHP evo is than a 1,000 whp Evo

Doing the math - taking the Bad Bish RS and gutting it should yield a 8 second capable Evo that is very easy to drive and very consistant

After watching the Bad Bish in action I am re-thinking my furtue plans

I am thinking back to 2004 and how much fun my Evo was as a Gt35 10.1 / 10.2 second street car I could drive to and from the track
Old May 26, 2008, 03:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Paul

With all due respect I find your observations very self serving and self centered

Its like some dude driving down the road at 100 mph when some other guy tries to pass him at 120 and saying to his wife "Man, I may be a speeder but THAT lunatic is out of his mind"

Personally, what you have done to your own Evo is just as much of an obonination and distortion of what the Evo is all about as anything else I have seen.

I find it totally bizzare that a guy with a huge ice filled contraption on the front of his shell of a evo would have the nerve to say that what anyone else does is not "seeing how far they can do with what they have" what ever that means. Who is to judge where to draw the line?

If you want uniform rules and a even playing feild go compete in one of the few remaining import bodies such as Nopi and get your *** handed to you by a bunch of Hondas.

Otherwise, in Evo drag racing - there are no rules - and there should be no excuses. Drag racing is drag racing and most of the DRAG cars you see have these kind of modifications which are fairly standard. Just like time attack cars have their kind of modifications also.

At the end of the day, if you enjoy trying to make a fast Evo - like I do - do your own thing and do it for fun and let everyone else do what they want. There are no rules and no limits to what can be done.

Seeing a full weight street car like the Buschur Bad Bish RS go 9.4 shows me how much we all have to learn and how far we have to go.

Al
I find it odd that the camp that has been very verbal about "gutted out tin box race cars" has currently pushed the "cutting of an Evo" envelope further than anybody else with this platform (exception being the RWD conversion). No disrespect intended.

I do agree with others that this would invalidate any times the car runs as being classified as "fastest or quickest" Evo 8. I would suggest that times from this car would be considered some sort of Evo conversion record.

Could you also clarify what you mean by "full weight" when referring to BRs white car? Its been made abundantly clear that the car has been lightened in every way possible that does not effect the "daily driver" characteristics.
Old May 26, 2008, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Paul

Al
No one complained when Shep used a similar set up - (first used in a AWD by David Buschur years ago) in his Talon to run 7's

There are no rules in who has the fastest evo

I didnt see anyone complain when the thin plastic door facsimilies go flying off other gutted shells of evos at the shootout last year and clearly those are not legal in NOPI either

this is not NOPI

There are no rules

Only excuses

Move forward, get with the program or get run over
Al much nicer said than what I said... reason for my editing
Old May 26, 2008, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Ive been talking to a bunch of people here and we feel like we need to come up some different classes. Im still stock drivetrain,stock crank,no mods to the frame. What i have a ice cooler to bring down temps?? Much more different than cutting the frame and sticking a ford rear end in and almost making the car a rear wheel drive. We should make a outlaw class that has anything goes. Than have our list with people running mitsu drive train and parts Something to think of. Im not trying to start anything here but just trying to keep the playing field somewhat level.

My only real harsh things ive done to my car is gut the inside. I know me and many others feel it really takes away from what turns allot of us on and thats making our mitsu parts go fast.

I say we make a poll in the drag race section that gets everyones thoughts and come up with some basics to our top 15 list
Old May 26, 2008, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Seeing a full weight street car like the Buschur Bad Bish RS go 9.4 shows me how much I have to learn and how far I have to go.

Al
FULL WEIGHT

now that was funny lol......
Old May 26, 2008, 03:09 PM
Account Disabled

Hmm if thats true i don't see how its a true evo anymore. Like the evo that runs low 8.2 sec which has a tube frame we don't even look as a evo. Doesn't Shep run a ford 9" rear end? with a welded diff up front?
is your car a "true" Evo anymore ?

Who decides what is a "true" evo and what is a "false" evo ?

My suggestion is to stop thinking of excuses and get busy trying to find ways to go faster becuase Buschur and others will be stepping up the game this year

There are no rules about whom has the fastest Evo

Quick Reply: Any results or times from the shoot out