Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Any results or times from the shoot out

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2008, 03:13 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul Nelson
Ive been talking to a bunch of people here and we feel like we need to come up some different classes. Im still stock drivetrain,stock crank,no mods to the frame. What i have a ice cooler to bring down temps?? Much more different than cutting the frame and sticking a ford rear end in and almost making the car a rear wheel drive. We should make a outlaw class that has anything goes. Than have our list with people running mitsu drive train and parts Something to think of. Im not trying to start anything here but just trying to keep the playing field somewhat level.

My only real harsh things ive done to my car is gut the inside. I know me and many others feel it really takes away from what turns allot of us on and thats making our mitsu parts go fast.

I say we make a poll in the drag race section that gets everyones thoughts and come up with some basics to our top 15 list

To me your comments sound like excuses

What you have done to your car is just as much a turing away from what makes an evo a evo as what buschur did

Both of your cars are purpose build drag only cars that are illegal for any form of organized street car racing

There are apparently no rules and members here apparently dont care what you have to do to go fast - all they care about is whom is the fastest and quickest

Its silly to chop up your car in such a manner and then cry foul over a rear end
Old May 26, 2008, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ProccoEVO
FULL WEIGHT

now that was funny lol......
post up pics of your car.... seems how it is full weight?

The Bad Bish is a legit street car.
Old May 26, 2008, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 9sec240
I find it odd that the camp that has been very verbal about "gutted out tin box race cars" has currently pushed the "cutting of an Evo" envelope further than anybody else with this platform (exception being the RWD conversion). No disrespect intended.

I do agree with others that this would invalidate any times the car runs as being classified as "fastest or quickest" Evo 8. I would suggest that times from this car would be considered some sort of Evo conversion record.

Could you also clarify what you mean by "full weight" when referring to BRs white car? Its been made abundantly clear that the car has been lightened in every way possible that does not effect the "daily driver" characteristics.

A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 100%
Old May 26, 2008, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
is your car a "true" Evo anymore ?

Who decides what is a "true" evo and what is a "false" evo ?

My suggestion is to stop thinking of excuses and get busy trying to find ways to go faster becuase Buschur and others will be stepping up the game this year

There are no rules about whom has the fastest Evo
Al cutting weight out of the car is different than making the car basically a rear wheel drive. I love the fact i can push my drive train to its limits and keep going without breaking. Im sorry you break every time you go to the track. I know i go to the track more than anyone else race my car and keep pushing the envelope. Im still amazed how well the evo drivetrain holds up. I keep edgeing closer and closer to my goal. At the end of the day all the V8 guys come up and go WOW thats all stock stuff under her??? and mitsu parts

I really feel that gutting my inside of my car is much different than altering the whole drivetrain and sticking a V8 setup under her
Old May 26, 2008, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Sounds like a good day. Wish the tracks out here would ease up on cage tech, most of the fast cars on the list aren't even legal to race at most tracks.
Old May 26, 2008, 03:19 PM
Evolving Member

Is everyone coming to the shootout this year?
Old May 26, 2008, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vwjeff
post up pics of your car.... seems how it is full weight?

The Bad Bish is a legit street car.
LOL.... if you wanted to see the inside and all mod just buy the next Turbo mag edition
Old May 26, 2008, 03:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Paul Nelson
Hmm... I might as well stick a power glide and 9" rear end with a trans lock and run with my other v8 buds who cut 1.2 60fts and run over and over

I just feel strongly about sticking to mitsu parts and making what we have work thats what gets me going. My good friend who has a full fabrication shop and builds 4 and 5sec drag cars really wants me to do this same setup i even have those shocks that are adjustable for rebound and compression. I just wont do it i really want to see how far we can go with what we have

If you do that be prepared to go for 6.90's as your goal which isnt going to happen.. Youll be in a class with Brent Rao who run 7.1's all day long..

Daves car is still H pattern and isnt 3/4 chassis and IMO i dont see an issue with just a rear end. Yours, AMS, TT, BR, are Purpose Built RACE CARS IMO.. Run What you brung i say!!
Old May 26, 2008, 03:23 PM
Account Disabled

I hear ya Al, there's something to be said about having a daily driver that can whip *** 24/7...I was thinking about doing a 42r for more power but I'm afraid it might ruin the daily driver fun factor so I think I'm going to follow David's recipe with the HTA 35R and just enjoy the car.

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
I will be honest with you, after having 1,000 whp in a Evo for some time now I am starting to look at the Buschur Bad Bish and the Bad Bish II here at ICS and starting to do some math in my head and thinking how much more fun and how much easier to drive a 800 WHP evo is than a 1,000 whp Evo

Doing the math - taking the Bad Bish RS and gutting it should yield a 8 second capable Evo that is very easy to drive and very consistant

After watching the Bad Bish in action I am re-thinking my furtue plans

I am thinking back to 2004 and how much fun my Evo was as a Gt35 10.1 / 10.2 second street car I could drive to and from the track
Old May 26, 2008, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IHUNTV8
Is everyone coming to the shootout this year?
when is it in August?
Old May 26, 2008, 03:24 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 9sec240
I find it odd that the camp that has been very verbal about "gutted out tin box race cars" has currently pushed the "cutting of an Evo" envelope further than anybody else with this platform (exception being the RWD conversion). No disrespect intended.

I do agree with others that this would invalidate any times the car runs as being classified as "fastest or quickest" Evo 8. I would suggest that times from this car would be considered some sort of Evo conversion record.

Could you also clarify what you mean by "full weight" when referring to BRs white car? Its been made abundantly clear that the car has been lightened in every way possible that does not effect the "daily driver" characteristics.
The funny part is that I used to try to explain to many people the diference between my full body 3200 Lbs Evo with stock glass and stock doors and roof vs. the AMS Evo and the Buschur Evo. After realizing that no one cared what I thought, and after seeing the trend with examples like Dan B's gutten shell and Paul N's creation I realized that it was pointless to complain about thin plastic door facsimilies and the like. No one cares.

Organized Import Drag Racing is dying and not one of the big shops participates in organized drag racing (exceprt Mike from USP)

In the absense of a sanctioning body and rules for racing there is no set standard of what is acceptable

Who is to say that fake plastic doors attached with clips IS ok - a liquid to air ice filled fmic IS ok but a back half is NOT ok ?

Last time I checked there were many back halfed cars running at Import Drag events.

At the end of the Day - Buschur has the fastest real street Evo - the Bad Bish

and

he will soon have the fastest all drag evo - PERIOD as some used to say (or at least that is what I hope for)

Rather than complain and make excuses others need to get moving - that is what Buschur has been doing and where they are going
Old May 26, 2008, 03:25 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Mellon
I hear ya Al, there's something to be said about having a daily driver that can whip *** 24/7...I was thinking about doing a 42r for more power but I'm afraid it might ruin the daily driver fun factor so I think I'm going to follow David's recipe with the HTA 35R and just enjoy the car.
After seeing many 700 whp Gt35 cars I feel it or the Gt37 is the best approach on a street car.

IMHO the 42 is an interesting project but not the best for drivability and consistancy
Old May 26, 2008, 03:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ProccoEVO
LOL.... if you wanted to see the inside and all mod just buy the next Turbo mag edition
last time i saw your car procco in orlando it had no door panels, nothing behind the front seats and a carbon roof which wouldnt fit any STREET CLASSES for NOPI/NHRA.. also, while we are at it, correct me if i am wrong but your timeslip in Fastest 2007 List says 9.27@152.23.. How did you get 9.21??

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...4&postcount=43

Old May 26, 2008, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

I only wish and pray that Dave would lighten up his car and put a big turbo on it. I guess I may just have to make my personal car a gutted montrosity. I cant beleive a little 8.8 rear end has your guys panties in a bunch. I have always been an old school drag racer, RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG, AND HOPE YOU BROUGHT ENOUGH!!
Old May 26, 2008, 03:33 PM
Account Disabled

whomever trips the win light is all that matters to the general public when they ask who the quickest/fastest shop is.

personally I'm more impressed with a car that appears to be factory at a glance and close to normal weight, I like a bit of a sleeper.

Last edited by Mellon Racing; May 26, 2008 at 03:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Any results or times from the shoot out