Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Hydrogen powered Evo???, MitsuBeastly

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2008, 03:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow....i always knew evo owners were smart
Old May 29, 2008, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol... thats why we buy evo's...

we know what's good!!! lol

so, i cant argue with math, thats awesome... i'm kinda dissapointed that you cant use it to help performance, but i could maybe use more than one hydro system, but yeah, it would be alot of work... more than its worth... i just wanted to try it, but i didnt until i had all the info... verry dissapointed, but i really appreciate all you guys helping out on the info, i couldnt find a better place to get info than here!!!! you guys defenitely helped... so, i may just do it for gas mileage, unfortunately, i cant keep my foot out of it!!! lolol...

but yeah, if you guys dont mind, can you explain what co2 injection does??? i really dont see a point in that... sounds stupid... but i may be wrong..

also, i was right about the optimization of fuel correct??? it makes your gasoline burn quicker do to the fact that the hydrogen is spread out through the fuel causing it all to ignite...

ok.. thats all i got... stick a fork in me... lol but seriously, thx so much guys... ya'll saved alot of time and effort for nothing!!!
Old May 29, 2008, 10:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by supersilverMR
haha...''Hydrogen tank drive-by''...
hey man you have no idea how serious that subject. did you here about the stray packs of wild dogs that are nwo controlling most of the major cities?

on a more on topic noteif some one not only has the money but time and actually does manage to do it. it would be nice to hear how much the project would cost.

would it be cost effective.?
Old May 30, 2008, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

I will probably experiment with this for my daily driven car just for the sake of fuel economy. There is someone that sells the kit www.goturtlepoop.com
Old Jun 10, 2008, 12:09 PM

just wanted to say thx again for all the help, and not flaming... very appreciated... i'll let you guys know if i try it out...

current news... gotta sell my GST so i can change my clutch... ouch....
Old Jun 11, 2008, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MitsuBeastly
just wanted to say thx again for all the help, and not flaming... very appreciated... i'll let you guys know if i try it out...

current news... gotta sell my GST so i can change my clutch... ouch....
I would be interested in hearing how it works out.

I know someone mentioned this http://www.hydro4000.com/buyhydro.htm I emailed them about using it on a turbo car about a month ago and never heard back from them. I am planning on emailing them again I guess, just in case I thought it was junk mail and deleted it.

I think it would be pretty cool to see some Evos using something similar to this.

Raist
Old Jun 11, 2008, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Raistlin
I would be interested in hearing how it works out.

I know someone mentioned this http://www.hydro4000.com/buyhydro.htm I emailed them about using it on a turbo car about a month ago and never heard back from them. I am planning on emailing them again I guess, just in case I thought it was junk mail and deleted it.

I think it would be pretty cool to see some Evos using something similar to this.

Raist
yup that was me..i emailed them too almost a month ago also..and i didnt get anything, if you heard back from them plese post wat they say.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AznDragonV
yup that was me..i emailed them too almost a month ago also..and i didnt get anything, if you heard back from them plese post wat they say.

Well I just now emailed them again. Explaining that I emailed before and either deleted it or did not hear from them (hoping this will get a faster response). I explained the Evo uses premium fuel just in case that somehow makes a difference though I doubt it. I also explained the Evo was a turbo car.

I then ask if it had been tested on a turbo car and what the results were. I also ask them if it had not been tested on one if it would work and what guarantees were in place that there would be results.

Hopefully I will hear something soon from them. When and if I do I will post the results.

Raist
Old Jun 13, 2008, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

You guys are seriously considering paying $1200 or $6900 for one of those?
Old Jun 13, 2008, 02:40 PM

sounds interesting man, hey when ur doing the work post some pics or send some to me, I am really interested thanks man
Old Jun 13, 2008, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by merkzu
You guys are seriously considering paying $1200 or $6900 for one of those?

i really just wanted to ask them if it really works, and how it would affect our cars..
Old Jun 14, 2008, 06:01 PM

Go for it! I just registered so as to provide a little actual information about hydrogen on demand. If I am not mistaken your original curiosity was is adding a hydrogen booster for the purpose of adding power... in short... YES!

I build, sell and install hydrogen on demand systems so I do have some real world experience with hydrogen in cars.

Now I am not a mitsubishi guy... but I hope you guys will make use of this information. While I am not a mitsubishi guy... I AM a tuner. I am a nissan nut and my turbo project is a 92 240sx with an sr20det under the hood. I'm pretty stock so most of you evo guys leave me in the dust...lol

Most people add hydrogen for a fuel saver... what happens is due to the much cleaner, more complete combustion your o2 will begin reading too much oxygen in the exhaust and actually enrichen your fuel mix.

We have to get around this by tricking the o2 circuit using a simple circuit that adds voltage to the o2 sensor to keep it in a happy range. At least on cars with narrow band o2 systems...

NOW... if you are NOT tuning for economy alone.. just adding the hydrogen to the combustion will give you more complete combustion AND cause a richer condition due to the effect described above if you are producing larger amounts of hydrogen.

You will get more complete and powerful combustion by adding even a small amount of hydrogen to your intake. Even the little water4gas wire type cells will help.

You turbo guys will want to make sure you add your hydrogen before the turbo... like right after the air filter and before the MAF if your car is so equipped. You do NOT want it anywhere seeing actual boost or vac so before the turbo is best.

There is a lot of data on diesel turbo systems with hydrogen on demand, but the gasoline turbos are a little more limited in available data.

I have spent hours studying the very limited information about gasoline turbo hydrogen applications.

My own project turbo will be converted to a hydrogen hybrid in the next several days. I trust this stuff enough to run it in my turbo. I will eventually be adding wide band o2 and data logging, etc for advance hydrogen tuning.

Even a leaned out hydrogen vehicle that is properly set up should have more power even though it is getting better fuel economy. My 16 year old 4x4 pathfinder has many miles of hydrogen and not only does it get about 30% -45% better mileage but it has way more pick up and off the line acceleration.

On the highway a dramatic example of how this helps stretch the gas... My wifes 95 altima will make a certain 100 mile trip on a half a tank of gas with the hydrogen turned off. With the hydrogen turned on that same trip takes a little over a quarter tank. This is real world stuff.

Beware of know it alls who spout physics as a reason this stuff won't work... ask them what their real world experience is with hydrogen. Usually the answer is none. Even low amperage minuscule amounts of browns gas makes a nice difference in power and even economy. It doesn't take much of this stuff to make a difference. You do not need to produce gobs of this gas to supplement your fuel. A little goes a long way.

Some people will tell you that no matter what you can never get more out of this technology than you put in voltage wise. Some will claim you lose power due to sacrificing that power used to make the hydrogen. What these folks never take into account is the effect of that hydrogen being burned and helping offset the usage by increasing the efficiency of the combustion. They use flawed math.

Build a small hydrogen generator and see how it works for you. You will not blow anything up or damage your engine. Since your interest is primarily in power gains you are only going to be making your fuel mix richer and more combustible.

I hope I have shed a little light on the matter for you guys. Some of you will remain skeptical and that is fine. Those of you who are curious should feel free to explore the benefits of this eco friendly power adder and fuel saver. If you don't believe this stuff is possible then please don't flame... just do your own research. I was a skeptic too at one time...

In the future I hope to be documenting real life power gains on some of my projects and the research will be made available on my site.

I do not make claims of over unity or free energy... but there is still a lot we do not understand. What I can tell you for a fact is that myself and many others are successfully getting more MPGs AND more power by turning water into fuel.

Questions are welcome :-)

~Jason
HydroHybrids.Net
Old Jun 14, 2008, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Sick looks like Ill have to be emailing him and see what his set up's consist of. Could be worth it seeing I use my wide band as my front o2 sensor. Could make tuning and tricking the ecu a little easier.
Old Jun 14, 2008, 07:29 PM
Former Sponsor

If it were possible to create enough HHO for the motor to burn to offset the additional drag on the motor from the alternator (powering the electrolysis to create the HHO) then you would have a perpetual motion machine.

Read about the hydrogen booster hoax HERE
Old Jun 14, 2008, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

if anyone tries out the hydohybids device please post findings! :]

and to hydohybrid himself, please when you do add ur drvice to your 240, post the results

thanks

Quick Reply: Hydrogen powered Evo???, MitsuBeastly