Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

My HTA37r Buschur Pump Gas Evo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2008, 07:10 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Dave's right, you're putting down insane power and obviously driving the sh*t out of the car, your mph's are freaking moving! Just roll the car as-is and hit a few more tracks, no need to tear your hair out man. A little time is all you need now.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep some real amazing stuff here. Loving seeing an Evo just repeatedly at the track running 10.0 time after time on street trires. Pretty nutz in terms of reliability.

Love the story from Dave about the customer saying 520 was simply not enough!

What is the matter with you guys!
Old Jun 21, 2008, 09:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave, The last 2 duffs were my fault. I didn't know how bad the track really was. Hard to tune from a state away. Sorry Jeff we will get you some 9's very soon even if I have to lend you my personal v2 prototype. Indy

Last edited by Indy Evo; Jun 22, 2008 at 01:57 AM.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Celica2EVO
Great runs tonight Jeff! I know you didnt get the 9s you were hoping for but the car still ran damn good and you will deff get the 9s nest time you go to a good track! It was nice to finally get to meet you!
Thanks man it was good to meet you to!!!

Originally Posted by Jspec EVO VIII
Wow congrats. Was this on pump and what were your 60 ft.s for the last 2 runs? Are you also running one of Indy's Launch controller's on the car? Hope you got vids of the runs. I know you can get it in the 9's
It was on VP fuel, and no I dont have Indys launch controller or vids. I left work and drove straight to Buschurs. No time to grab the camcorder

Originally Posted by U2SLO
Indy give Jeff that that cylinder head you built , I know your just holding out on that masterpiece,Buschur retune it and 9's all day on pump.
Oh btw Jeff congrats on your car I told ya from day one you were gonna have a beast!
Indy, I'm gonna tell everybody about your secret projects....................j/k,I'll take em to my grave.LOL!
Thanks for thinking of the car a beast Pete. When I go 9's on a radial then it will be a beast

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
u2slo, nice to see you are around here again! Miss the car yet? I hope all is going really well for you.

Jeff, thanks for all the positive things you had to say about me/us. I really appreciate it. I know you were disapointed buddy. It's amazing how .06 hundreths of a second can completely ruin "your life". I've been there many times just like you. It's amazing when I take a step back and think about something that small having such a large effect on my mood how nuts it really is. When my car isn't right, nothing is right, kind of dumb.

D42 is not a very good track to try to set a record at. The track prep consists of a mop, a broom and some traction compound once or twice a night. Your car will go 9's just like it is at Norwalk, I am sure of it.

Jeff's car is heavy. I was actually very surprised at how heavy it is. The car empty was 3055 pounds. Jeff I am guessing is around 200 pounds. To put this into perspective the car was also driven 2.5 hours to our shop, 45 minutes from our shop to the track, 2.5 hours back home. Didn't change tires, just put in some race gas and changed the map.

Not to go to off course but I think the bar may have been raised to high at this point. A year ago if we were discussing this everyone (including Jeff) would be so freaking amazed and happy by this. Yesterday morning I tuned a car at the shop that made about 520 whp on 93 octane.........the customer told me it wasn't good enough. A year ago it was a record on pump gas that nobody would have even believed.

Sorry, back on topic. You are a great guy Jeff, I really like hanging out with you, the car is awesome and well taken care of. Don't let .06 seconds get you down. Running 9's at 3255 pounds on a radial and driving it everywhere is tough, how many others have even gone 10.0's? Not many on a radial.

Next time, you can use my tires and get this over and done with. Unless you want to stay stubborn and insist it is done on a radial.

One more thing. A few of these passes were MY FAULT. I wanted to change something in Jeff's map which left him down on power two or three of those runs. I ended up putting his original map back in the car. My guess is if I had left the experimenting for the dyno he'd have had enough good runs to have gotten his 9, Jeff, you can freaking drive!
Nothing is your fault EVER Dave. Everything was my fault, I suck at driving

You have done everything you can, I just need to get it there, and I will.

Originally Posted by crcain
Yep some real amazing stuff here. Loving seeing an Evo just repeatedly at the track running 10.0 time after time on street trires. Pretty nutz in terms of reliability.
Buschur is good for that.

Originally Posted by Indy Evo
Dave, The last 2 duffs were mine. I didn't know how bad the track really was. Hard to tune from a state away. Sorry Jeff we will get you some 9's very soon even if I have to lend you my personal v2 prototype. Indy
Its not your fault Jim. Its all about trial and error... we will get it man
Old Jun 21, 2008, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

Nice runs Jeff. Don't get down, if you accomplished all your goals the first time out you would have nothing to shoot for.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

You drove the **** out of the car Jeff!! Hard to get a consistant 60ft at the power level your at. Theres is no dought in my mind you wil go 9's.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 12:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Trent, I have HP in a box for your ride coming your way in 2 weeks . Indy
Old Jun 21, 2008, 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Indy Evo
Trent, I have HP in a box for your ride coming your way in 2 weeks . Indy
Sounds wonderful
Old Jun 21, 2008, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
IHUNTV8, I have been searching and searching for the new post on YOUR car, where is it? Let me remind you, 1.49, 10.97, 126 mph............pump gas, green.......is it coming back to you?
Old Jun 21, 2008, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

I have been searching alot today on aero peices. I have a Vortex generator on the way. Also I am looking for a good price on a JDM rear bumper I found a few but shipping is , and I will be ordering Buschur under panels for the car this week. And in a few weeks the Robi spec CF trunk

Indy I need those CF front panels.... GET OFF YOUR AZZ and into the garage

**EDIT** Sorry Dave I didnt make it up for the party. My pops was a graduation party So I am heading up tommarrow.

Last edited by vwjeff; Jun 21, 2008 at 08:24 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

10.97, 126 mph............pump gas, green
I gotta hear the details on this

Jeff you running again tomarrow?
Old Jun 21, 2008, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

... Let me remind you, 1.49, 10.97, 126 mph............pump gas, green.......is it coming back to you?
Man nice sixty foot!

I wonder what that car would run with a more modest 1.8 60 ft? 11.6?

People should spend money on slicks not big turbos
Old Jun 21, 2008, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

dont be pissed jeff, your car is sick!!!! keep your head up like if your nose was bleeding!!! lol
Old Jun 21, 2008, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dafunk630
dont be pissed jeff, your car is sick!!!! keep your head up like if your nose was bleeding!!! lol
9 sec is around the corner.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 02:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Jeff my azz never leaves the garage . Last week while one thread was discussing the engineering theory of psi I designed 3 new versions of manifolds, finished up the Evo X manifold design, built David's air filter shield, 9sec9's newest secret weapon, and laid out my build plan . I will try to have something to you by the time you get your Robi deck lid. I admire your desire to get to your 9 second 150 mph goal which I know you will very soon . You killed me with that ride in your car and sadley I'm falling in to peer pressure . Like we talked about I'm starting another bullet to test some stuff that hasn't been done before in the Evo engine. I hope it will be finished before winter so I can get to David's to get it tuned. For right now it will be the stock turbo, the FP Green (unless someone makes me an offer I can't refuse), and the Peter Rucano HTA 35R Clone with all my latest upgrades. Like I told you on the phone having the three amigos driving to the track and running 10's and soon to be 9's makes all this worth the time spent thinking up this stuff. I know David is very proud of what you have done and so am I. Indy

Quick Reply: My HTA37r Buschur Pump Gas Evo