Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

My HTA37r Buschur Pump Gas Evo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2008, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dafunk630
9 sec is around the corner.
I know Ray but I cant wait

Originally Posted by Indy Evo
Jeff my azz never leaves the garage . Last week while one thread was discussing the engineering theory of psi I designed 3 new versions of manifolds, finished up the Evo X manifold design, built David's air filter shield, 9sec9's newest secret weapon, and laid out my build plan . I will try to have something to you by the time you get your Robi deck lid. I admire your desire to get to your 9 second 150 mph goal which I know you will very soon . You killed me with that ride in your car and sadley I'm falling in to peer pressure . Like we talked about I'm starting another bullet to test some stuff that hasn't been done before in the Evo engine. I hope it will be finished before winter so I can get to David's to get it tuned. For right now it will be the stock turbo, the FP Green (unless someone makes me an offer I can't refuse), and the Peter Rucano HTA 35R Clone with all my latest upgrades. Like I told you on the phone having the three amigos driving to the track and running 10's and soon to be 9's makes all this worth the time spent thinking up this stuff. I know David is very proud of what you have done and so am I. Indy
Thanks Indy I thank you for what you have done this far for me bro
I think... ooops I mean I KNOW your new set up will be the cats azz

Also lay off the CF it starting to get to your head .

Just dont release any info to anyone about the CF Evo unibody you are building... ooops sorry again
Old Jun 22, 2008, 07:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeff, Here is what the O.E. VG looks like, the fins are not all straight.
Attached Thumbnails My HTA37r Buschur Pump Gas Evo-20-018.jpg  
Old Jun 22, 2008, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Jeff, I think the next mod you should make to the car is a tire mod and a trip to Norwalk. I don't think it's been mentioned yet but Jeff's 10.06 was done on only a 1.65 sixty foot time.

Indy is right, the stock vortex generator the fins are NOT straight. Does someone make a knock off that has them straight? Jeff if you need a real one just call us, the price isn't horrible direct from Mitsubishi.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Jeff, Here is what the O.E. VG looks like, the fins are not all straight.
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Jeff, I think the next mod you should make to the car is a tire mod and a trip to Norwalk. I don't think it's been mentioned yet but Jeff's 10.06 was done on only a 1.65 sixty foot time.

Indy is right, the stock vortex generator the fins are NOT straight. Does someone make a knock off that has them straight? Jeff if you need a real one just call us, the price isn't horrible direct from Mitsubishi.
Here are the two I was looking at.... Indy they look like what you have posted.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-07...mZ280237672854

http://www.rexpeed.net/new2007/produ....php?serial=13

Both have the fins going towards the center of the car and not outwards following the curve of the generator.

Dave I will call the shop this week as I want those under panals. When you speak of tires you mean your tires and wheels right, cause I will order the studs to? The tires I got are good I think? I just need alittle more time on them.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Jeff, my advise to you on the vortex generator is buy the original piece that Mitsubishi actually designed and wind tunnel tested. Buying a part for aero like that I'd say it is fairly critical how the "fins" are shaped and directed. Spend the extra and get the original, I'll get it to you for the cost of the part.

The undertrays are no problem. Just decide if you are going with the JDM 9 rear or not.

As for tires, I am just not a fan of the Nitto's. They may work well because the 1.65 at D42 isn't bad but you know with a really good tire on the car it will run low 1.50's and put the car well into the 9's.

We have that other set on the normal EVO wheels you can use too.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 08:18 AM
Former Sponsor

The fins should point out away from the centerline of the car with the inner ones at a greater angle.

Last edited by Indy Evo; Jun 22, 2008 at 09:24 AM.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Jeff, my advise to you on the vortex generator is buy the original piece that Mitsubishi actually designed and wind tunnel tested. Buying a part for aero like that I'd say it is fairly critical how the "fins" are shaped and directed. Spend the extra and get the original, I'll get it to you for the cost of the part.

The undertrays are no problem. Just decide if you are going with the JDM 9 rear or not.

As for tires, I am just not a fan of the Nitto's. They may work well because the 1.65 at D42 isn't bad but you know with a really good tire on the car it will run low 1.50's and put the car well into the 9's.

We have that other set on the normal EVO wheels you can use too.
Your right why skimp out on this, I havnt on anything yet and dont plan on it.

I aint using those other wheels, I am a stuborn SOB and it MUST be done on a radial tire I can use on the street. Once that happens then we can use the skinnys

The fins should point out away from the centerline of the car with the inner ones at a greater angle. The Rexspeed looks correct.
Its like you said yesterday... just get OEM.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Jeff my azz never leaves the garage . Last week while one thread was discussing the engineering theory of psi
I just don't understand this at all. If that is how you think.. that sucks.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crcain
Sitting in the garage is the mother of invention my friend .
Old Jun 22, 2008, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crcain
you seen what a stock intake can do.

how do you think in your garage?
Old Jun 22, 2008, 08:14 PM
Former Sponsor

crcain, While you were spouting theory I was making horsepower. 4 manifold designs, one prototype air filter shield for the X, a project for 9sec9, and a new build plan completed in one day. Please what did you get done?
Old Jun 22, 2008, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Jeff nice runs on Friday man. We're all searching for the elusive 9. It will happen for us though!

I saw your time slip in the "fastest evos for 2008" thread. Your time slip is almost identical to mine!

Code:
           SloRice     VWJeff

60ft        1.648      1.659
330ft       4.403      4.381
1/8mile     6.604      6.603
1/8 MPH     111.81     106.12
1000ft      8.478      8.469
1/4mile     10.053     10.066
1/4 MPH     143.16     143.02
Not sure what is up with your 1/8 mile MPH though. You are definately realing me in up top though!! 37MPH in the back half is crazy fast! I wonder if the slower MPH in the 1/8 mile is due to the larger/laggier turbo.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
crcain, While you were spouting theory I was making horsepower. 4 manifold designs, one prototype air filter shield for the X, a project for 9sec9, and a new build plan completed in one day. Please what did you get done?
bein the same douche he always is
Old Jun 22, 2008, 08:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Jeff, I forgot, I finished your cover plate molds. I will drop them off in the morning, you will have them the week after next.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

I could boast about what I did or my trade but that just would not seem right. Indy I was not spouting theory I was trying to learn. Sorry you object to it. My trade is not motorsports...

I have a ton of respect for you and your trade. But no need to take shots at... of all things... a discussion where people are trying to learn.

Last edited by crcain; Jun 22, 2008 at 08:34 PM.

Quick Reply: My HTA37r Buschur Pump Gas Evo