Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

PPI vs Buschur manifold porting

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2008, 11:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPI vs Buschur manifold porting

I'm looking into getting my exhaust manifold ported, I understand that PPI offers swain,JET coating, internal (port matched and extreme) and external porting while Buschur offers JET coating and internal porting. Question I have is about actual porting and not the coating. Is the PPI's extreme porting worth the money? It appears that Buschur ports include port matched inlet and gasket matched outlet and PPI offers same service but has option of "extreme" port which includes porting the entire runners. Any experiences on this option compare to typical ports?
Old Jun 5, 2008, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I cant imagine the extreme port will give you that much more power. I port the entire runners and don't really have a comparison but mainly it is the port matching that you should be concerned about.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

I sent mine to Buschur to port. They have excellent customer service and respond very well to requests. A lot of local evo owners run their ported manifolds and throttle bodies and they highly recommend them.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm not a fan boy ..... but .... those BR guys have some hella fast cars. They tend to know what works for the 4G63.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Don't forget about MILSPEC, Aby does fantastic work.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

I just went with the PPI extreme porting because they port everything (runners, and port match) . Either which company you go with there won't be much of a difference, it's just a port job. They're all great people to deal with so you won't make be making a bad decision regardless. It all comes down to price and preference.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
We port match our manifolds to the actual head port which is important. We also match our manifolds to the turbine housing gasket. The runners are ported back into the manifold as far as possible.

We do not use the brand name Jet Hot coating. We had horrible luck with Jet and horrible service with the other company we used. The coating we use now has held up the best of all we've tried, looks great, cost is reasonable and the service is excellent.

I'd also like to just put in there that 5 EVO Greens have gone 10's using our ported manifolds. We do them for $195 with exchange.

Have a good day.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

Can't wait to get mine back. I have heard of +15 whp just from the ported IM and TB.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i had a br ported mani, and 10.5 hotdside...i had a works o2 housing. i noticed some really nice gains. i then got the br ported tb and intake mani. and again nice gains.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
We port match our manifolds to the actual head port which is important. We also match our manifolds to the turbine housing gasket. The runners are ported back into the manifold as far as possible.

We do not use the brand name Jet Hot coating. We had horrible luck with Jet and horrible service with the other company we used. The coating we use now has held up the best of all we've tried, looks great, cost is reasonable and the service is excellent.

I'd also like to just put in there that 5 EVO Greens have gone 10's using our ported manifolds. We do them for $195 with exchange.

Have a good day.
Apologies for misunderstanding, I was under the impression that you used JET coating. From looking at some of the pictures of the BR ported manifolds I was also under the impression that you just port the immediate area around the inlet and outlet and leave the runners untouched.

Thank you for your input.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 08:48 AM
PPI
Former Sponsor

We offer many different porting and coating options! I can port it only or Swain coat it or use a silver coating that is not Jet Hot. It has pruven to be superior to be what Jet Hot offers. We can also externally machine the manifold to give you a custom look like this. Don't hesitate to pm me for some great deals!

Old Jun 6, 2008, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

I went with everything PPI has to offer except coating the IM. I have no regrets and I definately notice the difference while driving and looking under my hood.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

PPI by FAR has the best prices around as well. Just a thought .
Old Jun 6, 2008, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

if it is coated, will it still get discolored?
Old Jun 7, 2008, 04:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hytek369
if it is coated, will it still get discolored?
I think that's the point is so it doesn't.

I'll be going with PPI's LICP and possibly some of the ported/polished stuff as well. They aren't as big as Buschur but quality has nothing to do with company size in this case.

Quick Reply: PPI vs Buschur manifold porting