Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo Green wastegate flapper failure

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2008, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dispite his initial complaints, FP seems to have taken car of him. This thread does serve a purpose though, it shows how good FPs service is once they figure out what the problem is and who its comign from. Makes me really consider FP for my Turbo upgrade.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CO_VR4
You are a perfect example of a customer who wants to broadcast a "problem" to the world, and then looks like an *** when your problem is solved with a vendor with excellent customer service.

So the guy looks like an *** for getting upset that he couldn't get ahold of anyone there for 4 days?

You are a perfect example of someone who thinks just because they didn't have a problem with a company, anyone who does must be overreacting or making it up, and there's just as much of that on here as there is true "fly off the handle" threads
Old Jun 6, 2008, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Liqquid
So the guy looks like an *** for getting upset that he couldn't get ahold of anyone there for 4 days?

You are a perfect example of someone who thinks just because they didn't have a problem with a company, anyone who does must be overreacting or making it up, and there's just as much of that on here as there is true "fly off the handle" threads
FP can't do no wrong in CO_Vr4 eyes, so when anyone has something not too nice to say about FP he is the first one to run to their defense. I think he must work for them or something.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

I've had a quick look and these flapper failures with the dual port wastegate on a FPGreen have been reported several times.

Thanks for the comment on the hotside/O2 housing gasket.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by blitz118
FP can't do no wrong in CO_Vr4 eyes, so when anyone has something not too nice to say about FP he is the first one to run to their defense. I think he must work for them or something.
Since you are generalizing, I've said almost the same thing about other "quick to post" customers of other vendors as well. The rules about vendor bashing are there for a reason. Go read them again if you like. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=247259 Simply put, coming on the forum and complaining about how fast someone answers the phone is not what the forum rules require. The original post is exactly what is prohibited by the posted rules, for good reason.

Do I think FP is one of the better vendors here? Yep. I've had at least 6 of their turbos over the years, and my experience is that their quality is excellent and their customer service is, too. I've been using FP turbos 10 years, starting when you didn't even know what an Evo was, probably... , so I have a positive opinion of FP -- based on my multiple positive personal experiences over a long period of time. But, I'll agree that sometimes I have to leave a voice mail, or call more than once. If I need a part today, I'll wait and call back again.

Do I just buy from FP? Of course not. I bet I've bought high end parts from almost every major vendor that sold 4g63 parts over the last decade... Only on a few occasions did I experience really "bad" customer service; the rest do just fine if you take the time to make sure you reach them and explain exactly what you want. People that make or sell products that are in demand are busy. Sometimes you won't get them on the first call of the day. If you need something, CALL AGAIN. If they won't take care of your problem when you discuss it with them, post away. That would be news that would benefit everyone. In this instance, FP solved the problem with a defective Mitsubishi hotside. Pretty predictable...

My .02.

Last edited by CO_VR4; Jun 6, 2008 at 09:46 PM.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Sometimes all it takes is a post on the forums to get the ball rollin'. Its good to see FP is resolving the issue.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 12:13 AM
Evolved Member

it is the very posts like this one in a large community that a vendor depends on that keeps the vendors in check.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by crcain
I'm not sure I think a post like this is all bad.

I'm sorry but not replying to emails or phone calls is the pinnacle of bad service. It's so frustrating when you can't even get a hold of a person or shop that you have spent good money with.
I 100% agree. To the OP, I don't think it's a bad post at all. It amazes me how quick vendors will take your money, but when a problem occurs they take their sweet time to get back to you. I find this ironic as well; you call or e-mail a vendor and do not get a reply. You come on the forum and make a post and they reply very quickly. We all spend our hard earned money and all we want in return is good customer service. VENDORS. BACK UP YOUR PRODUCT WITH GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

The easiest way to get ahold of any manufacturer about a defect is to ask for new sales, then explain your problem. They'll kick you over to the correct department
Old Jun 7, 2008, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for your support, guys.

I had to put the hotside back in to drive from Minnesota to Michigan. I pulled it back out this morning and put in the mail to FP. Hopefully I'll the new one quick.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 01:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Hope you got your new housing, we air'd it to you last monday a week ago. Tracking says it arrived on weds last week at your house?

I'm just following up publicly so all the people watching can know that we did fix your wagon within a few days of identifying you as having a problem.

BOOST ON!

Robert Young
Old Jun 16, 2008, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

I've been out on a business trip. I didn't know that it had been delivered.

Thanks for following-up.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tsi90awd
Co VR4 - The green is sold as a FP product. Not a Mitsubishi turbo. How do you know that they don't modify the wastegate as part of their manufacturing process? I certainly don't know that.

This is not a "fly off the handle" thread. I waited 4 days for replies to multiple inquiries. It is a shame when it takes a public thread to get a response from a company. FP charges a lot of money for this turbo. Reasonable customer support should be available.

I just had a good conversation with Niel at FP (thanks for phoning back right away). I'm sending in the defective hotside at my cost, and hopefully will receive a new, good one in a reasonable amount of time.
Good job sir, fully agree. If you invest that kind of money into a turbo I would defnitely expect a callback the next day.
"The customer is always right"