Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

9sec9 and OKIX's new Sponsor

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2008, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scorke
Wait what exactly did they do to deserve these sponsorships?

Are either of these cars actively campaigned in any sort of race series?

Scorke
They have thousands of Evo owners on this forum following their progress. If I sold a product I would love to have it on their car.

-Paul
Old Jun 6, 2008, 05:53 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Congrats! Persistence and perseverance pays off! At least a little bit hopefully....
Old Jun 6, 2008, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PVD04
They have thousands of Evo owners on this forum following their progress. If I sold a product I would love to have it on their car.

-Paul
I just don't see how two guys who got buschur to build them fast cars attract the attention of a sponsor without racing them or showing some sort of stellar performance in some realm of motor sport.

I understand they are acceptionally quick( i think some sort of fp green record or something) but I just don't see why others who are either winning, competing, or campaigning a race car wouldnt be chosen first.

Scorke
Old Jun 6, 2008, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats!! Its not as easy as most people think to acquire sponsors, let alone big name companies like Swift. Takes a lot of hard work and dedication
Old Jun 6, 2008, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Holy moly, Indy. I just got home from taking my mom out to dinner and find this. I hadn't announced it yet, but we also recently picked up sponsorship from Forced Performance. We will obviously be running their turbos and doing some test work. I know of another major sponsor but not ready to announce it yet.
To answer Scorke, I don't think that sponsors are always looking for Class Wins. I think sponsors sometimes just want their products well represented in an honest and responsible manner. We've been very fortunate with our results and out of the blue, we were approached by some big names. I couldn't be happier than to represent Forced Performance, Swift Springs, USA and soon others . Our goal was simply to enjoy our time together as Father and Son. It's not a record as such, but we did set the fastest mph on ANY Green until just this last weekend. We also held the quickest et for a stock ecu and/or stock maf on the FP Green. This was done in our first season of racing and I fully expect good things are yet to come. We're working on some one-off items which hopefully will be successful and filter to the Evo community.

Indy, I've said it before, but much of this wouldn't be possible without your help. Thanks to all of you for your posts. We will continue to do our best and share as much as we can.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

I just don't see how two guys who got buschur to build them fast cars attract the attention of a sponsor without racing them or showing some sort of stellar performance in some realm of motor sport.

I understand they are acceptionally quick( i think some sort of fp green record or something) but I just don't see why others who are either winning, competing, or campaigning a race car wouldnt be chosen first.

Scorke
They don't hold the fp green record. The fp green record is held by Monroig
from Puerto Rico.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Scorke
You really come off the wrong way sometimes. EvoM is an unbelievably great marketing tool for Evo part vendors. No one gives a crap what point series guys are doing and running(unless they are doing it the fastest). They care about the best ETs and MPHs. If Mr. A is running 11.1s in a point series, and Mr. B is running 10.7s whenever he makes it to the track, people on this site are going to want the setup of Mr.B. Then take in to account the fact that these guys don't step on anyones feet and it's a no brainer to give these guys a sponsorship. They have proven that they will push the product to its limits and as someone said, a lot of people follow what they are doing.

Congrats to you guys, you deserve it! Now go get your record back!
Old Jun 6, 2008, 07:18 PM
Account Disabled

Congrats guys, hard work does pay off
Old Jun 6, 2008, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

That's Awesome guys congrats on the hard work and finally getting a payoff with some corporate backing (or as close as we can come in this industry! LOL) I am one of those people that follows your progress and look forward to seeing what you do next. I also appreciate all the info that you willingly share with the rest of the community. Thanks and congrats again.

Josh
Old Jun 6, 2008, 07:36 PM
Account Disabled

Congrats guys...
Old Jun 6, 2008, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you, TOPLEVELPERFORMANCE and all of the other 'Congrats'. As I sit here, I am still in amazement. We are and will always be just a couple of guys that enjoy what we're doing. We love competition and enjoy going to the track with the family. Even my wife looks forward to spending the day at the races. As I said before, our number one goal is to spend quality time together. I sincerely hope that every father/son can find what we've found. Our family is close and OKIX recently surprised me with a tatoo on his forearm. He knows I don't like them, (what can I say, I grew up in a different generation and environment), but the tatoo was MY father's initials. I suppose it meant the MY dad would be with him always. The greatest honor I could hope for. My father was a great man and taught me to help my fellow man and above all, be true to your word and honest. I hope to live up to his teachings. Again, thank all of you for the kind words. I've noticed that they're not only from people I've helped, but also from many shops. Your posts are well respected and I appreciate them.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats!! Looking foward to seeing you two at the Evo shoot-out this year. And hope you get the Green record back soon too.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice, Tom and Tony! Couldn't happen to a nicer pair of guys. Best of luck!
Old Jun 6, 2008, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks Mike, Indy was almost giddy about making the post. I heard about it while we were at dinner. Guess it was time to make some of it public. We hope to serve our sponsors well. Thanks also for helping make part of it possible. We'll never forget it.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 05:59 AM
Former Sponsor

9sec9, I know you will represent your sponsors well, that’s why you EARNED them in the first place . Tom and Tony have helped the community many times and have accelerated the FP Green revolution by leaps and bounds. Who would have thought those numbers were possible until they did it, all with a stock ecu. Like it has been said in the earlier posts, many have followed Tom and Tony’s build and have used it as a blueprint for their own builds. Their first thread inspired me to do my build, as I read it I realized it would make one heck of a street car. The information provided has been accurate and honest with results to back them up . Not too many threads can say that. With that said, when the owner of Swift Springs USA contacted me about Tom and Tony and if I would recommend them for sponsorship, it was a no brainier. They wanted someone well respected in the community to represent their company and I believed they were the best fit. Community respect = sponsors... Bashing and hate = nothing. This was just the first of many new sponsors for them. Like I said before you never know whos reading your posts or who can make or break a sponsorship deal. This shows how proper behavior on this forum is rewarded. Indy

Last edited by Indy Evo; Jun 7, 2008 at 07:28 AM.

Quick Reply: 9sec9 and OKIX's new Sponsor