Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

9sec9 and OKIX's new Sponsor

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2008, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur

There is a case going on on EVOm right now where someone "jumped shipped" because he couldn't suck any more free parts from someone who had helped him. He has no moved on to the next "great shop". That type of guy is the last one who should get help.
Hmmmmmmmmm. WEIRD

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=350105
Old Jun 8, 2008, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

^ lol
Old Jun 8, 2008, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Many congrats guys. You have always been there for me via pm when I have had questions and it is greatly appreciated. Best of luck with the new set up.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 08:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats Tom & Tony!

You're both definitely 2 top notch guys!
Old Jun 9, 2008, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Wow, thanks for the post DB. If I'm nothing at all, I'm at least honest and loyal. It's my strong belief that a person doesn't have to degrade anothers ideas, just to promote his own. Very rarely will I post something negative about another product or person. If I can't 'promote' my own idea on it's own merits, I simply won't post. Tony and I are really excited about the finish of this season and our plans for next season. We're going to have some 'CLass' fun and meet some of our fellow EvoM'ers. Mike at AWDMotorsports and others are carrying the torch right now, so we hope to get to meet them and help with their work.
Most-wanted, it's been a pleasure pm'ing and exchanging ideas. You're a man on a mission too and deserve to reach your goals. Thanks.

Thanks to you too Jrod, without your 'old fart' comments, I'd be forgetting to take my Gas-X.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Hey 9sec9 I don't know a lot about drag racing... but you are already getting consistent 1.4 / 1.5 60 fts correct? Given your power to weight ratio, what do you think the best 60 ft you can get is? I'm just wondering if at some point you simply don't have the power/torque to make a better 60 ft.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

We've been consistent with 1.5's, with a few 1.49's. Those times came on very cold tracks and NO vht track prep. The PR crew runs every night, or nearly every night on well prepped, warm tracks which has proven to give up 1.3 - 1.4 60's. I also am fairly certain that our power is higher than most of those cars. That is based on our mph when we ran the 10.61 at 130.49 and their 10.2 @ 130.96. I've mentioned on many occassions that the car had lower ET's in it. So, to answer the power/weight ratio for the best 60', I would say we don't need more power to run a 1.3x 60. We WILL be making more power shortly on the same turbo. A few improvements should put us at close to 500whp on the Buschur Dyno. (Insert "Mouth over loads azz here....") Also, our torque for us has been previously measured at over 500wtq on the Mustang Dyno, but I don't know how that measures 'up' to the other cars running 1.3 in PR, since they don't tell anyone what's really going on, parts-wise or dyno-wise. Traction and suspension are the name of the game for good 60's. Sorry PR crew for using you as an example, but what better example than what you all accomplish.
crcain, do you know what their whp/wtq is and what dyno? Maybe it's more 'track' based than power based? I don't know, we'll soon see.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

I really don't know about the PR guys apart from the threads here. Was it the Green car that got in the 1.3's? If so I guess that is all the proof you need that there is more time to pick up in getting your launch just right.

Look forward to you clicking off some 1.3's with the new springs.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have always kept up on the progress, congrats guys, well deserved

Congrats guys, you do deserve the sponsorship for sure.

I'd like to address the sponsorship thing actually since I am personally approached about it multiple times per week.

Sponsors aren't looking for someone who specifically race or show. They are looking for someone who will represent them in a professional manner and promote them. They are of course looking for "coverage". Does this mean racing in front of a crowd? No, not really. It means getting their name out there and promoting them. 9sec9 is on EVOm daily where there are thousands of people reading his posts everyday. That is better coverage and promotion than you are going to get at some poor turn out of a NOPI or NHRA Import Drag race.

One of the reasons I have so much respect for Tom is he promotes people that he truly has no responsibility to promote, including myself. He has paid for every part he has ever gotten from us so he honestly "owes" me nothing. On the other hand I owe him a ton. Not only has he always paid for his parts he has continued to promote our shop and stand behind me. THAT is the type of person who deserves to be sponsored and who GETS sponsored.

There is a case going on on EVOm right now where someone "jumped shipped" because he couldn't suck any more free parts from someone who had helped him. He has no moved on to the next "great shop". That type of guy is the last one who should get help.

Again, very happy for you Tom and Tony, you guys deserve any help and sponsorship you get.
It all depends on what the sponsoring vendor goal is. That can vary alot, some corporate sponsors are looking for demographics and how their company will benefit from advertising their name. Some vendors are just looking for dyno queens, or show only. Others may be looking for results at the track and some post views. Whichever may be the case, both parties should be fully aware of what they both expect out of each other, and follow through with their agreement. Also having a good reputation with the community should be looked at for both as well, as you both are representing each other.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

fimotorsports, you're still one of my heroes. Our very early days were spent keeping up with what you were doing. I really look forward to meeting you some day. Back to ya'.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 9sec9
fimotorsports, you're still one of my heroes. Our very early days were spent keeping up with what you were doing. I really look forward to meeting you some day. Back to ya'.
thanks I love both of your cars and the progress you have made. I plan on being at the shootout, hope to see you there keep up the good work!
Old Jun 9, 2008, 01:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 9sec9
Wow, thanks for the post DB. If I'm nothing at all, I'm at least honest and loyal. It's my strong belief that a person doesn't have to degrade anothers ideas, just to promote his own. Very rarely will I post something negative about another product or person. If I can't 'promote' my own idea on it's own merits, I simply won't post. Tony and I are really excited about the finish of this season and our plans for next season. We're going to have some 'CLass' fun and meet some of our fellow EvoM'ers. Mike at AWDMotorsports and others are carrying the torch right now, so we hope to get to meet them and help with their work.
Most-wanted, it's been a pleasure pm'ing and exchanging ideas. You're a man on a mission too and deserve to reach your goals. Thanks.

Thanks to you too Jrod, without your 'old fart' comments, I'd be forgetting to take my Gas-X.
Thanks for mentioning us..

i hope to see you out there end of this season or beginning of next.. I might even have a Power Street car running along with my Turbo Street car,, Id love to see more evos at the events!! We own the ultimate POWER STREET car.. If you can run high 9 or low 10 consistently you could own that class.. if you need anything dont hesitate to ask..
Old Jun 9, 2008, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Thanks for mentioning us..

i hope to see you out there end of this season or beginning of next.. I might even have a Power Street car running along with my Turbo Street car,, Id love to see more evos at the events!! We own the ultimate POWER STREET car.. If you can run high 9 or low 10 consistently you could own that class.. if you need anything dont hesitate to ask..
Mike, this is the kind of co-operation that helps all of us. At this point, I'm not too sure where to even start. Everything will be new to us for a while. I will also extend the same invitation to you, If we can help in any way, we're at your service. We'll be pulling a trailer with all of the goodies so it will be at your disposal. Thanks for lifting the Evo flag and we'll do our best to help hold up our end of it. We're certainly not there yet, but willing to learn.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats, it couldnt of happened to a nicer bunch! Its a great relationship between you and your son...the rest is just icing on the intercooler.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats guys, you do deserve the sponsorship for sure.

I'd like to address the sponsorship thing actually since I am personally approached about it multiple times per week.

Sponsors aren't looking for someone who specifically race or show. They are looking for someone who will represent them in a professional manner and promote them. They are of course looking for "coverage". Does this mean racing in front of a crowd? No, not really. It means getting their name out there and promoting them. 9sec9 is on EVOm daily where there are thousands of people reading his posts everyday. That is better coverage and promotion than you are going to get at some poor turn out of a NOPI or NHRA Import Drag race.

One of the reasons I have so much respect for Tom is he promotes people that he truly has no responsibility to promote, including myself. He has paid for every part he has ever gotten from us so he honestly "owes" me nothing. On the other hand I owe him a ton. Not only has he always paid for his parts he has continued to promote our shop and stand behind me. THAT is the type of person who deserves to be sponsored and who GETS sponsored.

Again, very happy for you Tom and Tony, you guys deserve any help and sponsorship you get.

Just out of curiousity, does BR have any current sponsorships with anyone? Besides the ship jumpers! I know he has helped plenty along the way

Quick Reply: 9sec9 and OKIX's new Sponsor