Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

9sec9 and OKIX's new Sponsor

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2008, 02:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by warp9
Just out of curiousity, does BR have any current sponsorships with anyone? Besides the ship jumpers! I know he has helped plenty along the way
I consider the weekly advice from Dave Buschur a sponsorship quite honestly.. I dont ask or get free anything and i dont expect it.. 20 years experience has helped us on many occasions and that why i run the BR stickers on our cars and promote BR everywhere i go.. To me thats worth its weight in gold..

Last edited by AWD Motorsports; Jun 9, 2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

I'm really not too sure. I don't think that DB and I have ever even talked about sponsorship. I've read his post about it, either here or on the BR forums, but I've always just paid his prices and never really thought about it. I guess I've always thought of them as friends, as much as anything, and would have never been comfortable with asking for them to pay for my playtime.

ADDED: I just saw Mikes post and agree with what he said. Just not a thought.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 02:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 9sec9
Mike, this is the kind of co-operation that helps all of us. At this point, I'm not too sure where to even start. Everything will be new to us for a while. I will also extend the same invitation to you, If we can help in any way, we're at your service. We'll be pulling a trailer with all of the goodies so it will be at your disposal. Thanks for lifting the Evo flag and we'll do our best to help hold up our end of it. We're certainly not there yet, but willing to learn.
Sounds good bro!!

Take my advice as a beginner and stick to POWER STREET.. The experience the guys have in Turbo Street is unreal. Racing against corporate backed auto GM cars is very difficult.. I am not giving up though. I will continue to attend all the Nopi events i can until i can show these Honda and GM guys that the Evo can compete.. 90% of the problem is my experience on the tree, but in time thru a more simple setup and experience we will be competetive with those guys!!!
Old Jun 9, 2008, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

I'm listening, I'm listening.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Sounds good bro!!

Take my advice as a beginner and stick to POWER STREET.. The experience the guys have in Turbo Street is unreal. Racing against corporate backed auto GM cars is very difficult.. I am not giving up though. I will continue to attend all the Nopi events i can until i can show these Honda and GM guys that the Evo can compete.. 90% of the problem is my experience on the tree, but in time thru a more simple setup and experience we will be competetive with those guys!!!
You have more to worry about than Brian Ballard in Turbo street. You have Felix Median, Joe Simpson, Jonathan Reynolds, Tony Paola and Courtney Green just to name a few to worry about. Good luck though, but if you can't cut a light you will be going out in the first round of eliminations when you meet those guys.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 02:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by blitz118
You have more to worry about than Brian Ballard in Turbo street. You have Felix Median, Joe Simpson, Jonathan Reynolds, Tony Paola and Courtney Green just to name a few to worry about. Good luck though, but if you can't cut a light you will be going out in the first round of eliminations when you meet those guys.
I have been to 4 events so far and i know who all the heavy hitters are.. I mentioned HONDA and GM guys.. Yes they all cut great lights in competition.. They also weigh 2500lbs and cut almost the same 330ft as evos and make more power too.. The AWD cars are handicapped at 2950lbs.. Well get it our program down though soon enough..
Old Jun 9, 2008, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah those guys are tough. They must make some pro tree sim software to practice with, right? Good luck to you!
Old Jun 9, 2008, 03:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by warp9
Yeah those guys are tough. They must make some pro tree sim software to practice with, right? Good luck to you!
It all comes with experience.. these guys been in the game for 10 years.. eventually its 2nd nature.. sorry to take things
Old Jun 9, 2008, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
I have been to 4 events so far and i know who all the heavy hitters are.. I mentioned HONDA and GM guys.. Yes they all cut great lights in competition.. They also weigh 2500lbs and cut almost the same 330ft as evos and make more power too.. The AWD cars are handicapped at 2950lbs.. Well get it our program down though soon enough..
Your car runs the same ET as theirs, but from what I've seen your problem is on the tree and they will destroy you each time if you can't cut a light. You might want to check with Sean Ivey as he is the only AWD car (DSM at the time) to make it to the finals in turbo Street and he did in NHRA trim.

Last edited by blitz118; Jun 9, 2008 at 03:10 PM.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

Nice to see a father/son driving Evos and getting sponsor. I thought my father and me were the only father/son with Evos, I'm glad were not alone lol. I love look on people faces when I tell them my father drives an Evo, I bet your son feels the same way. Congrats guys on the sponsorship
Old Jun 9, 2008, 04:24 PM
Former Sponsor

9sec9, I just spoke with Swift USA, they are pleased with the response you have received on this thread, so many positive congrats they are very thankfull that you are running their products and wish you all the best. Indy
Old Jun 9, 2008, 04:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Your car runs the same ET as theirs, but from what I've seen your problem is on the tree and they will destroy you each time if you can't cut a light. You might want to check with Sean Ivey as he is the only AWD car (DSM at the time) to make it to the finals in turbo Street and he did in NHRA trim.
Practice makes perfect.. Ive gotten advice from some of the best but until your up at the light and comfortable and the car leaves consistent there isnt anything someone can tell you unfortunately.. it all comes with experience..
Old Jun 9, 2008, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 9sec9
I'm listening, I'm listening.
So are you going to be running any of the NHRA NOPI events?
Old Jun 9, 2008, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

So are you going to be running any of the NHRA NOPI events?
We will provided our learning curve meets us at least half way.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats and the best of luck to you guys I hope you reach your goals and have fun while doing it!

I love racing and would attend every race I could if I had the funds to do so.

You guys rock!

Quick Reply: 9sec9 and OKIX's new Sponsor