Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Finally, an Offical Evolution 02 DUMP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2008, 07:13 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E5 DCB ... I replied to you in the other thread (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...2#post5984592). Looks like krazirob beat me to it in this thread.

Thanks everyone for the orders.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm in PA will it throw and a CEL and as far as re-tuning how much in involved, simple reset or a whole new re-flash with data logging? sorry for the noob question
Old Aug 8, 2008, 03:59 AM
Former Vendor

No CEL happens. No tune is required, but, as with almost anything nowadays, if you want to get the absolute most from the product, you can take your vehicle in for tuning.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 07:33 AM
Former Sponsor

As Todd as said no Tune is needed to run the EPM O2 Housing. We include a copper spray on gasket so no gasket is needed, not even the OEM gasket. The OEM gasket is not divided and will cause a huffing since you have bleed over into the wastgate pipe from the exhaust side. With our applied gasket no blowing is present, only will the wastegate tube blow when the wastegate is open, going down the road.
Thanks for all the super good reviews we have from our customers. they mean the world to us here at EPM. We try hard to treat people as we want to be treated, simple really. We've had a flurry of orders from the UK lately, so the word about EPM has gotten out...lol...Thanks for all the orders we've received and as always we will work hard to get these shipped out asap.
We're still working on the Next product, hopefully we can have some news very soon....
Old Aug 8, 2008, 02:34 PM

ok guys cheers

So you use this sort of stuff to seal it

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Permatex-Coppe...6.c0.m14.l1318
Old Aug 8, 2008, 04:48 PM
Former Vendor

Ummm, no. That is nothing like what we use. The closest thing that I could locate that is even similar to what we use is :http://www.permatex.com/products/Aut...ve_Sealant.htm

The industrial material that we use is specifically designed to be used as a gasket, not just an aide.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Hopefully Swain-Tech next week.

-Jalal
Old Aug 8, 2008, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

Wow looks like since it's inception you guys have cleaned up the welds a bit and the gasket looks pretty tidy as well

Originally Posted by MJ23FE

Hopefully Swain-Tech next week.

-Jalal
Old Aug 9, 2008, 11:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Yes the few pics we have on our site are mostly of our Pre-Production Prototype Models. in Our production models we strive to give our customers the best product we can Fabricate and TIG weld. Todd is our TIG expert and I'm his student, we try and stay ontop of game at all times. Learning new processes and gaining that experience needed to produce top quality products. We use a top of the line Syncrowave 350, and we use the Pulse Method to TIG weld the EPM O2 Housings. Also we have spared no expense at sourcing the best Stainless Tubing available, we have our tubes supplied by a leading aircraft manufacturer. If it's good enough for the new Boeing 787 Dreamliner it should be good enough for the EVO.
Thanks for the pics, it gives our prospective customers unbiased quality pictures of what they will be purchasing.
Stay Tuned, our next wave of products os just around the corner...I know I'm getting to sound like a broken record but we want to get everything together before we make our announcement.
And Thanks for all the orders this week, it was another awesome week in sales.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

got tuned with o2 dump at ttp by scott and made 407whp/391wtq,car feels awesome,its loud as hell though at wot...lol
Old Aug 12, 2008, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cinek
got tuned with o2 dump at ttp by scott and made 407whp/391wtq,car feels awesome,its loud as hell though at wot...lol
Yeah it's loud.....

BUT you LOVE it or you will soon
Old Aug 12, 2008, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Got any pics of just the flange laid on top of a stock turbo so we can see how it lines up?

Have you checked it on an FP Red which has a larger turbine outlet?
Old Aug 12, 2008, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

Yes can anyone chime in on the FP Red and this O2 dump, as I'd be heartbroken if my FP Red and this show up and won't work together!!
Old Aug 12, 2008, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

well i know it works well with the green........dont know how much different they are but torque was gained on my end with this product....
Old Aug 12, 2008, 09:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jbrown
Got any pics of just the flange laid on top of a stock turbo so we can see how it lines up?

Have you checked it on an FP Red which has a larger turbine outlet?

The fitment is dead-on with the stock/oem O2 Housing flange. As for the FP Red having a bigger outlet, well that should'nt matter as the LICP still has to line up with the Intercooler. We've had customers with FP Greens report no issues, only that the J-Pipe that FP sells is different than the stocker and also like the Buschur J-Pipe. There is lots going on in that area for-sure, but we have tested and re-tested and through about 100 units sold/installed on Evos around the USA; and world for that matter, we are seeing a 97% Initial successful integration with the EPM O2 Housing and these customer's EVO setups. We've worked very hard at making our O2 Housing work and fit, we've only had a few tiny issues reported and those were completely satisfied with no reports back of any fitment problems. I'm sure we might still run into some crazy situation but we strive to completely satisfy all of our customers. We've not encountered a situation yet that was not resolved promptly. What we are runing into are situations where the incorrect Version was sourced. We have 2 Versions to settle any fitment issue with any aftermarket setup.

Any Questions feel free to PM at any time, I'm here to answer all concerns promptly. Thanks for all the orders and great week that we are having. We've had some great news of the EPM O2 Housing producing some big numbers and the combinations of the Big Bolt-On Turbos(Fp-Green/Red) and our EPM O2 Housing making some wild numbers....stay tuned for more of these results...

Last edited by Q@EvoPowerMods; Aug 12, 2008 at 09:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Finally, an Offical Evolution 02 DUMP!!!!