Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Finally, an Offical Evolution 02 DUMP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2008, 10:25 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes it well fit on the red as i tried to bolt it up to my red today and it bolted up fine
Old Aug 12, 2008, 10:25 PM
Account Disabled

yes it well fit on the red as i tried to bolt it up to my red today and it bolted up fine
Old Aug 13, 2008, 04:53 AM

Wow if I was keeping my Evo I would definitely pick this up, I would love to hear this in person though, the Videos I've seen are amazing.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Street Tuners
The fitment is dead-on with the stock/oem O2 Housing flange. As for the FP Red having a bigger outlet, well that should'nt matter as the LICP still has to line up with the Intercooler. We've had customers with FP Greens report no issues, only that the J-Pipe that FP sells is different than the stocker and also like the Buschur J-Pipe. There is lots going on in that area for-sure, but we have tested and re-tested and through about 100 units sold/installed on Evos around the USA; and world for that matter, we are seeing a 97% Initial successful integration with the EPM O2 Housing and these customer's EVO setups. We've worked very hard at making our O2 Housing work and fit, we've only had a few tiny issues reported and those were completely satisfied with no reports back of any fitment problems. I'm sure we might still run into some crazy situation but we strive to completely satisfy all of our customers. We've not encountered a situation yet that was not resolved promptly. What we are runing into are situations where the incorrect Version was sourced. We have 2 Versions to settle any fitment issue with any aftermarket setup.

Any Questions feel free to PM at any time, I'm here to answer all concerns promptly. Thanks for all the orders and great week that we are having. We've had some great news of the EPM O2 Housing producing some big numbers and the combinations of the Big Bolt-On Turbos(Fp-Green/Red) and our EPM O2 Housing making some wild numbers....stay tuned for more of these results...
I said turbine outlet. The compressor outlet on the stock IX, Green, and Red are identical, so that won't matter from one to the other. The turbine outlet, however, is different on all 3.

Your design puts the division between the turbine outlet and wastegate outlet in a very tight place. The FP Green's outlet is larger than stock, and the FP Red's is even larger than the Green's is. As a result, both are closer to the WG outlet than stock, so if your divider is a little off, it will interfere with the flow out of the turbine so I am curious to see how much space there is.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 06:40 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

What about those of us, who run a undertray or a front diffuser (like in my case).

You can't just vent the wastegate exhaust straight down, because it would start my front diffuser on fire.

Those who run the plastic front undertray, I would assume it would melt it.

Any thoughts of making something that goes back a little more?
Old Aug 13, 2008, 06:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Fireball
What about those of us, who run a undertray or a front diffuser (like in my case).

You can't just vent the wastegate exhaust straight down, because it would start my front diffuser on fire.

A small cut will have to be performed for the wastegate tube to exit underneath the Undertray. Our Version#1 is the furtherest forward and the cut is in the mounting plate door, our Version#2 is the furtherest back and it resides right next the downpipe, hence only a very small 1/4inch cut to the very edge of the undertray is needed for it to clear.
We are working on an Auto-X extension tube which will pout the exit behind the driver per SCCA rules. However; I have yet to get an official ruling from them on our design.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 07:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jbrown
I said turbine outlet. The compressor outlet on the stock IX, Green, and Red are identical, so that won't matter from one to the other. The turbine outlet, however, is different on all 3.

Your design puts the division between the turbine outlet and wastegate outlet in a very tight place. The FP Green's outlet is larger than stock, and the FP Red's is even larger than the Green's is. As a result, both are closer to the WG outlet than stock, so if your divider is a little off, it will interfere with the flow out of the turbine so I am curious to see how much space there is.

Our design on the EPM flange took into account exactly what you are talking about. We put the wastegate exit hole/cutout right above the 9 wastegate puck, which is far enough away from the Turbine outlet to not have any bleed over from the Turbine exhaust. There is 3/4 inch space between the 2 EPM flange holes this is more than enough room for the totally seperated/divorced nature that we were going for ; even in the FP Green and Red applications. We also have had about 3 FP Green customers and FP RED customers that have installed the EPM O2 Housing report back with no issues as you have mentioned. And all of these customers report some very big numbers as well.
I hope I've answered all your questions, if not please feel free to let me know as I want everyone to have all the knowledge they can before they make their purchase.
Thanks again for all the orders, and as I write this the frist EPM O2 Housing will be installed on a UK EVO, We can't wait for the report back....we have achieved global status as this week we will ship to Austrailia and beyond and even more shipped to England..
Old Aug 13, 2008, 10:42 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Street Tuners
We are working on an Auto-X extension tube which will pout the exit behind the driver per SCCA rules. However; I have yet to get an official ruling from them on our design.
That one would be something I could be interested in. With racing, and being WOT 95% of the time, and having the exhaust dump infront of the driver... I could see how getting exhaust gases into the car could become a problem.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 11:08 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fireball

I thought that is why your name was fireball?
Old Aug 13, 2008, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Any chance that you could work with burns stainless or coast fabrication could make a really small (preferably removable) muffler for the WG dump?
Old Aug 25, 2008, 09:09 AM
Former Sponsor

We got the go ahead from the SCCA on our Auto-X Extension. I'm sorry it took so long but you know how these issues work. We will start a finalized production model and have it up for viewing very soon. And JB we could look into a custom muffler for your application that would go along with this Auto-X extension. That could be a good combination. I'll be back with some details and pictures as soon as I can..thnx...
as a side note after driving my Evo for about 4 months with the EPM O2 Housing and I might add very agressive at times, I've never experienced any exhaust gas seeping inot the cabin because of the O2 Dump. And none of our other testers have mentioned anything like that..The WG Tube is so far underneath the vehicle that I seriously doubt that issue would ever arise.
Any more questions just ask....let's all have an awesome week...!...

Last edited by Q@EvoPowerMods; Aug 25, 2008 at 09:12 AM.
Old Aug 29, 2008, 01:46 PM
EE
Evolving Member

Hey guys,

Has anyone tested this vs an aftermarket o2 housing?? say buschur ported or ss fabricated o2 housing?

I read somewhere it made 14 whp over the stock o2 housing when using on a evo 9 turbo, but i also read on buschur racing website that their o2 housing makes like 15 whp over the stock one...

Anyone tried this on a green/red with back to back results??

tks & rgds
Old Aug 31, 2008, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

Well designed product and super nice guy to deal with, highly recommend this product for stock frame turbo owners
Old Sep 3, 2008, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

i have an ix w/ green and ams style licp,,

which version do i need.. I ordered version 2, but i have heard the green was different?

can anyone verify a ix/ams licp/green ,,, which version????
Old Sep 3, 2008, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jbrown
Any chance that you could work with burns stainless or coast fabrication could make a really small (preferably removable) muffler for the WG dump?
I've been in Coast's, Costa Mesa, CA shop. They do nice work. Sorry for the OT.

Quick Reply: Finally, an Offical Evolution 02 DUMP!!!!