Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Finally, an Offical Evolution 02 DUMP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2008, 01:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have stock exhaust I would say QTP Cut out
Old Jun 8, 2008, 02:01 AM
Evolved Member

The O2 dump isn't the same thing as a QTP cut out. If you look at a turbo you'll see the wastegate flapper (on the left in the pic)

The O2 housing just dumps the gases coming from the internal wastegate, so they don't get mixed up and create turbulence. So for power gains, if you don't have an aftermarket exhaust, the QTP cutout would be more beneficial, but doing both at the same time would be better
Old Jun 8, 2008, 04:52 AM
Former Sponsor

im number 7 on the list , they have great customer service, and they were very patient in making the part, they made so it would make power , they could had sold there first protoype , but they made a 2nd then with the first and 2nd they ended up going back to the drwing board and making there version been sold right now, they stand 100% by there product and did dyno test also .
great work guys !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 8, 2008, 05:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by fugiwara
You sure you got the first one? b/c couple weeks ago I was at a shop, there was a customer there to have his O2 dump installed, and he told me he bought it from evopowermods.com and that's how I came to know O2 dump is being made for evo.
according to my tuner, it is only worth 5hp compare to the aftermarket o2 housing.
I am sure there are prototypes running around. I have the 1st Offical one that was for sale on the market. It even has 001 etched into it.

Originally Posted by ineedparts
Congrats on you guy's new product.

Now: can anyone please tell me what is the Differnece between the (o2 dump) and (qtp cut-out downpipe) which one is better in performance wise?

Thanks-

The cut out sits on the downpipe, it opens and basically bypasses the entire exhaust. The Dump above divorses the exhaust stream from the wastegate stream. The Cutout is an equivalent of taking your entire exhaust off.

Originally Posted by EVOEMS
This seems like a great idea, simple solution to an exhaust turbulance problem. How come no one else has done this yet, any unexpected problems? Is the install any more difficult than a typical tubular O2 due to the seperate dump adding size? Where does the gas exit from the dump?

Right off the bottom of the car. It just dumps straight down.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 07:02 AM
Evolving Member

i wonder how much of an improvement this is over a product like below?

Old Jun 8, 2008, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nitz

That is fine as well but the Dump completely removes the wastegate flow from the exhaust leaving it all for the Turbo.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

Has any one had proven gains from this yet on a stock turbo or green?
Old Jun 8, 2008, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
$258 ain't too bad.
Do the install quick and make a video, i wanna hear it!!
Old Jun 8, 2008, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the info.
My concern is if there is only minimal gain comparing to the ebay O2 housing, then $250 is not worth it (for stock turbo)
After market O2 housing has the similar purpose as the O2 dump since the diameter is bigger than stock, resulted in less back pressure.
But if I didn't upgrade the O2 housing then I would have gotten the O2 dump instead since it functions better.
If anyone is upgrading to O2 dump from after market O2 housing, please post your comparison results.
Originally Posted by Turbo Kyle
I could see that, however I remember Al tuned a car with a custom one and from what I remember he could give the car more timming. I know it has to help with heat control and lower EGTs. Im sure in the right application (FP Green) or something like that with 400+ WHP it could offer a lot more power than a Megan ect.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nitz

What setup is that?
Old Jun 9, 2008, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by dbsears
What setup is that?
It is what I am using now. its made in the uk and called a modular downpipe. It has a full 3 inch housing as you can see. I like the idea of the external dump but still wondering if the 2.5" taper will cause a restriction to a Green.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 04:23 AM
Former Sponsor

u can see the video on youtube type evopowermods
Old Jun 9, 2008, 04:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fugiwara
Thanks for the info.
My concern is if there is only minimal gain comparing to the ebay O2 housing, then $250 is not worth it (for stock turbo)
After market O2 housing has the similar purpose as the O2 dump since the diameter is bigger than stock, resulted in less back pressure.
But if I didn't upgrade the O2 housing then I would have gotten the O2 dump instead since it functions better.
If anyone is upgrading to O2 dump from after market O2 housing, please post your comparison results.
One thing to consider is that the 02 dump completely divorses the exhaust and 02. The Ebay unit does not do this, even if modified to a dump. This unit simply slits the two. it also has a 2" dump for the exhaust gases to come out into the atmosphere, 0 restriction.

I will have mine on soon
Old Jun 9, 2008, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JDMIX
It is what I am using now. its made in the uk and called a modular downpipe. It has a full 3 inch housing as you can see. I like the idea of the external dump but still wondering if the 2.5" taper will cause a restriction to a Green.

Looks like a nice setup...I like how its all 3 inch
Old Jun 9, 2008, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

I dont mean to hijack the thread or anything but here is the difference between a a 3 inch housing and the stock evo ix housing. No problems with boost creep here but it is VERY expensive. Clearly the external dump is better if it was 3 inch as well then it would be the best housing out there.

Quick Reply: Finally, an Offical Evolution 02 DUMP!!!!