Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Finally, an Offical Evolution 02 DUMP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2008, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The proper way to make a custom dump from the Ebay 02 housings is to completely seal off the small passage way where the wastegate exhaust enters the turbine exhaust. Then create the "dump tube". This is what JMF did for me, and it worked perfectly.

JM Fabrications also makes a custom 02 dump for the EVO. Its VERY good quality. I would get that one if anything.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 09:24 AM
Former Sponsor

i would go with the evopowermod dump because they did the test and dyno work also to make sure their part could make power did jm do this also ????
also sealing something and adding a dump tube is not really a good job, each bend u give the tube counts so evopowermods did a great piece and they actually craeted something to make power , not just seal here and add this buddy............................................: lol:
seal here and add this is not what im looking for neither a part that was not dyno tested either i would stay off anything that has not made results,,,,... .
thank u and no offense
Old Jun 23, 2008, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
It works, it makes power, it's fun.

See....

Old Jun 24, 2008, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gfng
i would go with the evopowermod dump because they did the test and dyno work also to make sure their part could make power did jm do this also ????
also sealing something and adding a dump tube is not really a good job, each bend u give the tube counts so evopowermods did a great piece and they actually craeted something to make power , not just seal here and add this buddy............................................: lol:
seal here and add this is not what im looking for neither a part that was not dyno tested either i would stay off anything that has not made results,,,,... .
thank u and no offense
I think you are confused guy. JMF made me a custom dump per my request over 2 years ago. There were no dumps available and I wanted them to make it work using my Ebay 02. How do you know what is a good job? You dont, so I would stop making claims telling us "whats good" and what isnt, because you have no idea. The dump itself was created separately like it is on the new real 02 dumps being offered. The "sealing" was to completely separate the exhaust and wastegate exhaust, the same exact way it is on the new dumps being offered by EVOpowermods and JMF. I dont have internal pictures of my old one that I had made but it was a 100% smooth flow transition on each side. It worked perfectly and check out the numbers in my sig...

All 02 dumps which will be created now are basically the same exact design. They have to be. There is only so much room to snake a dump on an EVO. The only difference I see is the welds are better on the JMF which is why I said that is the one I would get if I was in the market for a new dump. All dumps should make the same power. I dont care what shop "dyno tested" it. This isnt some intricate part that needs tons of testing.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 06:49 AM
Former Sponsor

how does the boost hold on the top end? and what PSI are you running?
Old Jun 24, 2008, 09:00 AM
Former Sponsor

looks like u dont know how to read ,, i said I WOULD GO ,,, listen i I WOULD GO WITH evopowermods i never said anything about what is good 4 u or anyone else ,, i gave my opinion , no one forces anyone to buy anything , mind ur business and as i said no offense !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and also when u say im confused ???? why because i dont want to buy jmf parts ???? does that makes me confused ......

respect peoples opinion i wasnt even talking to u or about u

now to end this members of evo m taht was my personal opinion this does not mean u have to do what i say .........r u happy now
Old Jun 24, 2008, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

looks like u dont know how to read ,, i said I WOULD GO ,,, listen i I WOULD GO WITH evopowermods i never said anything about what is good 4 u or anyone else ,, i gave my opinion , no one forces anyone to buy anything , mind ur business and as i said no offense !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and also when u say im confused ???? why because i dont want to buy jmf parts ???? does that makes me confused ......

respect peoples opinion i wasnt even talking to u or about u

now to end this members of evo m taht was my personal opinion this does not mean u have to do what i say .........r u happy now

I can read very well actually. Maybe you need to go over what you wrote. You were directly responding to me, and I took no offense, I just thought I would clarify what I originally said, since it appeared you took it the wrong way.

Also, you said " also sealing something and adding a dump tube is not really a good job, each bend u give the tube counts"

That is telling us "what is good" and "what is not" which is what I said. "Each bend you give the tube counts" is not a legitimate answer to the power making abilities of the dump. Also, my custom dump had the same bends as the new dumps that are offered. I am content.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 11:55 AM
Former Sponsor

hey soon to be evo have one man
well have 2
lets call it a day bro
no offenses bro, take care man
p.s . i still like 4 me the evopowermods ill try to post photos also
Old Jun 24, 2008, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

Mine before it got installed.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

hey soon to be evo have one man
well have 2
lets call it a day bro
no offenses bro, take care man
p.s . i still like 4 me the evopowermods ill try to post photos also
Old Jun 24, 2008, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Welds are fine IMHO. I like the Evopowermods version simply because it is its' own unit, not a modified 02 housing.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by High_PSI
Welds are fine IMHO. I like the Evopowermods version simply because it is its' own unit, not a modified 02 housing.

I didnt say the welds were bad, I just think JMF's look better. There was no "own unit" 2 years ago when I had mine made. JMF's new unit is a separate unit, not a modified 02 housing BTW, if thats what you were thinking.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 06:35 PM

Great product! Good price too! Thumbs up to making it available to the masses. I would totally jump on this if i still ran a stock/stock frame turbo setup. This design has been used extensively in the 1g/2g dsm community for many years, and finally someone stepped up and mass-produced it.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Does the dump tube necessarily have to be as long as in the pictures? Just wondering if it could be shorter. For example could it end after the first curved section of tubing? Or would the exhaust gases then be venting directly onto some heat sensitive area under the hood?

Last edited by sparky; Jun 24, 2008 at 09:56 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 04:25 AM
Former Sponsor

they should be able to make it shorter because some evo r to low if u want info on this go to evopowermods or go to vendor anouncements , they have great customer service , so if u want call them bro!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Finally, an Offical Evolution 02 DUMP!!!!