Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Finally, an Offical Evolution 02 DUMP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2008, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sparky
Does the dump tube necessarily have to be as long as in the pictures? Just wondering if it could be shorter. For example could it end after the first curved section of tubing? Or would the exhaust gases then be venting directly onto some heat sensitive area under the hood?
It pretty much does. Even with it being that long, its not sticking out much under the car. If anything you could just cut the dump tube about an inch or two if it sticks out a little too much, but overall, cutting it too short would dump all the hot exhaust gases right some parts that would probably melt!
Old Jun 25, 2008, 08:12 AM
Former Sponsor

I've stayed out of this and let our customers speak with their unbiased opinions. I represent EvoPowerMods. I am in-fact the designer of this part; it was collaboration between our team here at the shop. Our Part is very different than any other O2 Dump on the market. We went through 4 different prototypes; and for a reason. Our first Prototype didn’t make power, in-fact it lost power!

It was very similar to another companies O2 dump that is talked about. We started with a 2.5 inch tube which took a rather straight route to the downpipe flange. We lost power with that design. We were devastated but we knew we could do better. We tried a re-route which took a rather sharp but noticeable bend, and here we found some power. But it wasn't enough for us. We then sourced the largest stainless steel tube we could fit in this tight Evo engine area. I had to search for weeks to find a supplier that could do this bend for us. Then we had to fit that huge pipe onto the downpipe flange. It was there where we found our Dragon/Monster design. Our Tube supplier is a leading aircraft manufacturer; we somehow convinced to supply us with this very unique tube. You won't see this on any other modification part anywhere. We did independent testing, on many different vehicles with varying setups. We found power, on our original test mule 06 MR we found 14 peak HP and consistent gains of 10-14 HP across the rev zone, from down low to the midrange and all the way to redline on our test vehicle we saw HP gains, but more importantly we saw other significant benefits. Spoolup was vastly improved, Full Boost was obtained much sooner, ability to hold full Boost Longer was seen, ability to add more timing due to the fact our o2 Dump actually cools the charge air because of a significant lack of backpressure. These benefits are many added with the siginificant horse power increase makes our O2 Dump a very unique bolt-on part modification.

Like I mentioned above I have stayed out of this thread on purpose, we wanted to let our customers tell their side of the story un-influenced. I do want to jump in from time to time and give details on our O2 Dump Housing. We have seen gains on customers vehicles of up to 20 horse power, with still more outstanding customers yet to chime in on their results.

So stay tuned with updates on hopefully even more power production. If you are interested in the EvoPowerMods O2 Dump Housing, come on over to
http://evopowermods.com/products.htm and read all the info, check out the videos, and lastly make your purchase. We have an Online Secure store that accpets all the Major Credit Cards and even the ability to charge to your PayPal account if you so desire. We can guarantee shipout as soon as 7-10 days. We handmake these, proudly by our fabricators and skilled TIG welders right here in the USA.

If any of you have any questions feel free to let me know and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Last edited by Q@EvoPowerMods; Jun 25, 2008 at 09:19 AM.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ill be putting mine on tomorrow.........only thing im gonna do as far as the tune is add some more fuel and maybe some more timing due to more increased airflow that it should add.

also it should help with boost taper up top.....
Old Jun 25, 2008, 09:22 AM
Former Sponsor

so if this thing has vastly improved spool up, show me a plot of the boost vs rpm before and after the open dump mod.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Kevin, I can provide load vs RPM comparisons from the test vehicle. The vehicle did not have a way to log boost at the time of the baseline or the comparison runs. Load values run parallel to boost, but aren't exactly the same ... you can get an idea of the gains by comparing load curves.

When I install the part on my vehicle, I plan to compare spool up, boost creep, max boost at high RPM and power/torque gains via DLL. I do not have a timeframe for these tests.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 12:50 PM
MR
Evolving Member

man, i cant wait to see the dyno chart before and after installed of the O2 Dump!!!!!!!
Old Jun 25, 2008, 02:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Old Jun 25, 2008, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KevinD
so if this thing has vastly improved spool up, show me a plot of the boost vs rpm before and after the open dump mod.
Kevin, here is the comparison I promised. 3rd gear pulls before and after the dump. Boost controlled via Greddy Profec B Spec II. No settings changed on the boost controller. Evo IX MR. 255/40/17s.

Baseline: 255% load @ 3250
O2 Dump: 256% load @ 3188

Spool benefits were slightly greater in 4th gear, but I do not have a log of that. I will plan to log spool in 3rd and 4th to verify when I install the part on my own vehicle.

EDIT :: Corrections made for potentially misleading data. Load is not boost and my statement here was worded incorrectly.
Attached Thumbnails Finally, an Offical Evolution 02 DUMP!!!!-o2dumpspool_baseline.gif   Finally, an Offical Evolution 02 DUMP!!!!-o2dumpspool_v4.gif  

Last edited by TouringBubble; Jul 2, 2008 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Correction
Old Jun 25, 2008, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
FWIW I had to add fuel after adding this Dump. That means more flow. More tuning to come and of course track times.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 07:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TouringBubble
Kevin, here is the comparison I promised. 3rd gear pulls before and after the dump. Boost controlled via Greddy Profec B Spec II. No settings changed on the boost controller. Evo IX MR. 255/40/17s.

Baseline: full boost @ 3250
O2 Dump: full boost @ 3188

Spool benefits were slightly greater in 4th gear, but I do not have a log of that. I will plan to log spool in 3rd and 4th to verify when I install the part on my own vehicle.

so based off the logs you did, spool difference was about 62rpm? how fast is your logger logging? 5-10hz? and how is the resolution? +-20rpm increments? and what were the conditions of the test (i.e. dyno, road, hill, into the wind, passenger etc...)

i am surprised there is any difference at all, but the difference is so small i bet condition changes alone can generate larger deltas in spool.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 08:42 AM
Former Sponsor

On a 4th gear pull starting at 2500rpm I was at 26lbs right at 3,000. Mind you this was me looking at my greddy profecB EBC gauge. I believe Lil Rico/Jester did a test with backpressure and the back pressure before and after was significant.

All PM's answered and orders filled. We are trying to beat next weekends holiday rush. Trying to get these to you so you can have the whole weekend for an Install-a-thon.

Also this coming Saturday will show what LilRico and Jester can Tune our O2 DUmp for, down in Miami. Be looking for updates this weekend on that front.

Any questions just ask....

KevinD / www.evodynamics.com .....you have some awesome prices for installs. I need a clutch and I wish I was closer to you because you are definately way cheaper than anyone around my parts....good job....at $550 for the clutch install, man that's great....

Last edited by Q@EvoPowerMods; Jun 26, 2008 at 08:46 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KevinD
so based off the logs you did, spool difference was about 62rpm? how fast is your logger logging? 5-10hz? and how is the resolution? +-20rpm increments? and what were the conditions of the test (i.e. dyno, road, hill, into the wind, passenger etc...)

i am surprised there is any difference at all, but the difference is so small i bet condition changes alone can generate larger deltas in spool.
Yes, the data shows 62 RPM sooner. Also note that the baseline started off with around 30% higher load and the post O2 dump graph hit a higher load value (13% higher) at that earlier RPM. As a non-scientific estimation, I'd say 100 RPM gain in 3rd.

This was a road test. Q was the driver and I was in the car logging. Both logs used the same weight and gearing variables. We used a landmark (road sign) to begin both pulls for consistency.

In a modded Evo, 3rd gear passes kind of quick ... EvoScan logs quickly, but without the 2-byte RPM the data is still a little choppy. I'll make a note to use the 2-byte RPM for my testing.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

here is some pics i took today during my install.......ill post a vid as soon as its approved

Old Jun 26, 2008, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

^ dang son...took the whole turbo off...I guess that would make it easy to get to the bolts . The bottom nut is a bia if you do it with the turbo on the car, but I got my installed just fine.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

its always good to make things easy on yourself......saves cursing and yelling at the car.......LOL

yeah i had a stripped o2 sensor which i had to borrow from another project evo but everything else went pretty smooth.....

only thing is when i first start the car she is louder because of the dumptube now......which is good in my opinion, makes her sound meaner but i dont think you can say that it sounds like it did before the dumptube.......just my 2 cents

Quick Reply: Finally, an Offical Evolution 02 DUMP!!!!