Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Almost stock evo w/ Full-Race Twinscroll 42R and Justice Engine 872whp 700lbft

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2008, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow amazing!

Jim Justice built a honda motor for me previously, he does good work.

Those numbers are just amazing!!
Old Jun 13, 2008, 10:21 AM
Account Disabled

thanks alot for all the comments! Glad you guys like the build so much

Originally Posted by haseeb
ok so which gt40r turbo wud u recomend for my set up ?im already running ur gt 35r kit ... wat wud be the spool difference in the standerd gt35r kit im using and ts gt40r turbo kit on 2.3l and ported head.
if you are currently running the Full-Race singlescroll GT35R kit, upgrading to our twinscroll setup is actually pretty easy, and we usually see the twinscroll 40R spool about 300 rpm earlier than the GT35R, but make much more torque and even more top end. I highly recommend it. Also do you need A/C or not? email me and i can provide more info and specific data or dynos

Originally Posted by ceegutta
Wow! Excellent work I love it. I'm just a lil surprised you guys went with a vertical intercooler instead of a horizontal. Does'nt the horizontal kool better and what are the specs of that massive vertical setup you guys have there?
this core is 28x10x3.5. It is one of my favorite high power cores to use. Everyone has their respective opinions, but I MUCH prefer to use the VerticaFlow IC over a horizontal IC. VerticalFlow offers so much more spool and torque, due largely to the reduced length charge piping and the ultra-low pressure drop across the core, b/c it has multiple flow passages. Also the horizontals need to be 4.5" thick to have the same flow levels and that really compromises airflow to the radiator.

Originally Posted by 11secEVO7
the thing I love about this the most is the fact that you've got an entire radiator there... not these half radiator setups!
living out in the hot desert, you gotta keep water temps under control. The little half rad honda setup might work up north where it doesnt get too hot, but with an iron block, big FMIC blocking flow to the rad, electric fans, etc you simply have to use a big radiator to keep temps in check. people think about engine cooling too often as an afterthought, it really should be considered a priority IMHO

Originally Posted by merkzu
Sweet build! The vertical intercooler and the shape of the 8 bumper make it look like something out of Cars
lol my girlfriend said the same thing

Originally Posted by dave_evolvix
I'm so unbelievably jealous. Thats one awesome ride. I like that it doesn't look like a 800 WHP Evo. That FMIC is giant, not sure I like the red paint on the radiator though.
not looking like an 800whp evo was the goal I agree the red paint on the radiator is LAME. unfortunately it was the only core i could find that was these exact dimensions with the proper thermal characteristics i was looking for, and was already painted. i tried to remove the paint but it just started looking worse and worse

Originally Posted by 11secEVO7
holy hell that is some serious torque!! Those figures seem like the best balance I've seen so far... high hp and very high tq!
i agree its very high hp, very high tq and it is certainly driveable, but i enjoy driving a twinscroll 35R or twinscroll 40R much more, the 42R is just too fast

Originally Posted by jmartinez1170
Best 42R car ive seen well done. I love the radiator. All this car needs right now is a good set of coilovers and your set. With the power its making now i would say forget the tomei cams keep the hks.
thanks alot for the compliments!! stoked you think this is the best 42R setup youve seen so far. We were really happy with the way the car came out, and obviously the radiator was a big part of it. Coilovers will come soon, we just wanted to get the entire powertrain wrapped up and then worry about the chassis and cams from there.

Originally Posted by Done
Very Very nice custom work! Im jealous once again. Whos nice GTR?
The R34 is bdiddy's manager at FR. got some other cool RB stuff inside the shop thanks alot

Originally Posted by JC evo1
thats crazy, i like it. Dont want to be negative but it looks to have a very narrow power band, can you rev past 7500? Another 1000rpm would be nice to play with.
yes, it does have a relatively narrow powerband, due in large part to the 74mm turbo breathing thru a stock head! we obviously can rev higher, but we dont need to beat the motor up, and dont want to. He is going to drive it everyday on race gas, just wants to keep the motor healthy. doesnt care about trying to inch another 100whp or break any records. just wants a disgustingly fast car that is reliable. if race gas and regular oil changes are the ticket he has no problem with that.

Originally Posted by Steve@NrgTech
SICK setup btw. Those TQ numbers are amazing. I'm sure that car feels amazing. That intercooler is monstrous too. FOR the power that car is making, I bet it would pickup close to 100whp with Tomei/Jun/Buschur/GSC/Cosworth cams after a retune. The stock lift on the HKS cams is probably KILLING you. I watched a PT67 car pickup 62whp by switching from hks 280's to cosworth 272's. Obviously after being retuned but it was at the same boost level.
i agree there is certianly quite a bit of power/tq left on the table from those cams. No doubt we can pick up power going to another brand. In my experience the HKS are usually very good conervative cams, while the Tomei have consistently delivered (imho) the best powerband that i look for. Interestingly enough we had a twinscroll 35R evo9 using some hks 272 - then put in the cosworths and it did gain some power but the tradeoff in the midrange was not really worth it

Originally Posted by 9sec9
Really nice 'package'. I like the thought process in each area of the build. VERY nice job Geoff.
thanks alot, means alot coming from you!

Originally Posted by CPA5
Deeeezzzaaannnngggg Geoff!!! pretty amazing to find an evo8 with only 10K on it too.By the way tell BMays I love his Skyline....and lets mock Loscavio some more for his wimpy xA (inside joke)
thanks, ill let bdiddy know!

Originally Posted by texasnoiz
this must be like star wars fast. LOL!!!
im sure most of the other 42R guys on here can relate, but thats seriously a good comparison. warp speed lol. its fast on a 35R, scary with a 40R, this is just like out of control wayyyy too fast to be off a track

Originally Posted by CoachG
The hit from that big snail from 5000rpm to 6000rpm must feel like getting rear ended by a fast moving truck! The fab work from Full-Race never ceases to amaze me. Great work as always.
thanks coach let me know the next time you are in NJ come check us out in matawan right off 34 and 79!

Originally Posted by red03evo
Wow amazing! Jim Justice built a honda motor for me previously, he does good work. Those numbers are just amazing!!
for sure, Jim Justice is one of the top engine builders in the country. Exceptional build quality, meticulous work. highly recommended for anyone looking for a solid 4G or EJ motor!

Last edited by Geoff Raicer; Jun 13, 2008 at 10:35 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey Geoff, I'll have some pictures of my new setup for you soon, car is done. My little turbo goes on the dyno this week. You going to be in NJ for ETown next weekend?

Beautiful work by the way!
Old Jun 13, 2008, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evovin

Isn't that the fastest Evo 9 built by Turbo Trix is running hks 280's?..........

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=348682

I like the ts mani btw!

MIVEC.

Sick build btw!
Old Jun 13, 2008, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i dont know what to say............................................... .............holy crap.

my turn
Old Jun 13, 2008, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how much boost are u guys running on race gas?
Old Jun 13, 2008, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff
i agree there is certianly quite a bit of power/tq left on the table from those cams. No doubt we can pick up power going to another brand. In my experience the HKS are usually very good conervative cams, while the Tomei have consistently delivered (imho) the best powerband that i look for. Interestingly enough we had a twinscroll 35R evo9 using some hks 272 - then put in the cosworths and it did gain some power but the tradeoff in the midrange was not really worth it

Geoff - Do you have any dyno sheets from this that you can share? I've been waiting to see some additional results on your 35R twin scroll kits, specifically at higher boost of 25lbs or more.

I want to see when it spools & it the power levels fall off.

Feel free to PM me, if it's easier.

Thanks-Big Boost
Old Jun 13, 2008, 02:41 PM
Account Disabled

Geoff, you guys must have seriously grown in the past few years, if your sales manager has a gtr34.

BTW, this is jordo.

Im rocking one of your Single scroll gt3037r kits.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 04:17 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Big Boost
Geoff - Do you have any dyno sheets from this that you can share? I've been waiting to see some additional results on your 35R twin scroll kits, specifically at higher boost of 25lbs or more. I want to see when it spools & it the power levels fall off. Feel free to PM me, if it's easier.
no problem sharing the dynoplots, this was done one an almost stock evo9 tuned by sean ivey on his dynojet. Ill ask him to upload the images, otherwise i will try to stop by his place next week and save them to a USB stick. Testing was done on this evo9:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=338227

setup is 100% stock bottom end, stock head/intakemani/tb just upgraded the valvetrain, cams and FR Twinscroll 35R setup. 550 at 30 psi i think is where they stopped, its the owners daily driver so he did not want to push it any higher with stock rods and pistons.

edit: i just talked to him, he will scan the dyno and post it on the forum tomorrow sat 6/14

Originally Posted by BillAce
Hey Geoff, I'll have some pictures of my new setup for you soon, car is done. My little turbo goes on the dyno this week. You going to be in NJ for ETown next weekend? Beautiful work by the way!
hey bill great to hear your car is done! eager to see how it feels. I am actually in NJ right now just flew in for FormulaD this weekend. give me a call if you are going to be around, i think phil is having a BBQ this weekend. thanks also for the compliments!

Originally Posted by Done
BTW, this is jordo. Im rocking one of your Single scroll
gt3037r kits.
hey jordo, our singlescroll 30R kits are definitely a great all around kit, and it still outperforms almost everything else out there... we've seen excellent results from it for years now. very simple, tried and true. in fact it outperforms many competitors 35R kits, check out this dyno from speedelement's time attack evo. they went from a competitors 35R singlescroll kit to the Full-Race 30R singlescroll kit

dark blue line = FR singlescroll 30R kit (what you have
light blue line = "competitors" singlescroll 35R kit
same boost level
Old Jun 13, 2008, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm picking up the car and going straight to Phil's so I'll see you there!
Old Jun 13, 2008, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Its about damn time!!!....700 lbs of tourque! OMG!!!
Old Jun 13, 2008, 04:58 PM
Former Sponsor

to Geoff @ Full Race and their staff, and of course their amazing products! We are currently working on our TA-II w/ their Full Race Twin Scroll 35R setup.. Hopefully it will get finished before the next Redline event..

sneaky peak

More can be found here
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...=speed+element
Old Jun 13, 2008, 05:42 PM
Account Disabled

Sick numbers G, i like the sound of a street driven 42r evo As usual great products from Full-Race

Trevor
Old Jun 13, 2008, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Car looks very clean and well thought out.

Sick I really need to get my a$$ on top of things and get the money for a nice TS kit from you guys.

Wish I had m own shop for personal fabrication. lol.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 06:14 PM
4DR
Evolved Member

sick sick sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Almost stock evo w/ Full-Race Twinscroll 42R and Justice Engine 872whp 700lbft