Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Precision Turbo 6262 vs 6265

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2008, 09:01 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i purchase a 6262 not sure when i'll get it..stock bottom end ETS kit
Old Jun 18, 2008, 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MrJdmJimi
i purchase a 6262 not sure when i'll get it..stock bottom end ETS kit
nice, BB? what injectors did u buy and will it be on stock ecu? do u have cams?
Old Jun 19, 2008, 12:07 AM
Account Disabled

Yeah BB, i have cosi 272's im using pte 880's and yeah reflash ..not sure what to shoot for yet ...i would like 500whp
Old Jun 19, 2008, 12:33 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah BB, i have cosi 272's im using pte 880's and yeah reflash ..not sure what to shoot for yet ...i would like 500whp
nice, yeah cosi 272's are my next mod if not double pumper and more boost. let me know when u dyno if my turbo is too laggy i might switch it for the 6262. whos going to tune u?
Old Jun 19, 2008, 01:33 AM
Account Disabled

thats what im trying to figure out .. not sure yet .. who ever gives me the best deal ..im in orlando so there are a couple good tuners out here ... i would like to be able to switch it on the fly .. like pump gas map and (meth or racegas ) map ..
would like to try for 10's or 125+ traps ..its my DD so not to much ..
Old Jun 19, 2008, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

thats what im trying to figure out .. not sure yet .. who ever gives me the best deal ..im in orlando so there are a couple good tuners out here ... i would like to be able to switch it on the fly .. like pump gas map and (meth or racegas ) map ..
would like to try for 10's or 125+ traps ..its my DD so not to much ..
yeah I kno what u mean my car is my dd also. but if ur in orlando u should check out jestr. he's goin to tune me on the 28th. I heard he is really good at injector scaling so the car should have good drivability with big injectors. I have 1000cc and he said he can do it so we will see. ill keep u updated. a
Old Jun 19, 2008, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
did you miss post #2 and #8..
I was meaning with the cover off....can't see the wheel with the cover on Cool turbo though...
Old Jun 19, 2008, 07:46 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by TurboRSX04
yeah I kno what u mean my car is my dd also. but if ur in orlando u should check out jestr. he's goin to tune me on the 28th. I heard he is really good at injector scaling so the car should have good drivability with big injectors. I have 1000cc and he said he can do it so we will see. ill keep u updated. a

yeah i was thinking about asking him .. im not even sure about numbers on the 6262 and where i should be on making power with it .. but pm me your results .. i wont be back in the country untill sept ..
well i hope you the best ..
Old Jun 19, 2008, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

yeah i was thinking about asking him .. im not even sure about numbers on the 6262 and where i should be on making power with it .. but pm me your results .. i wont be back in the country untill sept ..
well i hope you the best ..
thanks alot, your setup is exactly what i have instead of the cams but lets see.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please be honest with me when i ask........Do you think it's a worth while investment to swap from my GT35R to this turbo?

I have a buddy that wants my 35r and we can get a good deal for the new PT's but just not sure if the gain in hp will be worth the extra 30-50 hp

I'm second guessing trying it out until we get some hard test #'s.

What do you guys think if you had a 35r already would you swap?
Old Jun 19, 2008, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by PATRICK B.
Please be honest with me when i ask........Do you think it's a worth while investment to swap from my GT35R to this turbo?

I have a buddy that wants my 35r and we can get a good deal for the new PT's but just not sure if the gain in hp will be worth the extra 30-50 hp

From what I have seen and heard talking to PT, the comp wheel flows seem to be about the same. So other then having the nice billet wheel for looks, I don't think its really worth the money to swap things around....but its your car, so you make the call. HP wise I don't see their being a big difference,.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PATRICK B.

i think you should wait and see what ppl will make over a 35r. i wish i had a 35r before this so i can compare the spool and power but unfortually i dont. and as a new turbo that just came out like the hta's ppl are getting too excited for dyno numbers we dont have and the wait for these turbos are like a month. i ordered a hta35r before i got the precision and waited one month and one week then got fed up and got the precision. i think its a better choice and the price was great.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

unless ur fully built i dont think its worth it switching over for what maybe 20 to 30 more if that.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 08:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SmokinU
From what I have seen and heard talking to PT, the comp wheel flows seem to be about the same. So other then having the nice billet wheel for looks, I don't think its really worth the money to swap things around....but its your car, so you make the call. HP wise I don't see their being a big difference,.

The billet wheel is not for looks.. the billet wheel is for spool #1.. also, if you notice the shaft size, and center nut is smaller which gives more surface area for the blades..

I cannot speculate if it will make more power than a standard 35r.. I am confident it will outspool and standard 35r but again we are speculating because we have not tested it.. Have some patience if your undecided and already have a 35r.. There will be plenty of testing to go on..
Old Jun 25, 2008, 12:19 AM
Evolved Member

bump for results

Quick Reply: Precision Turbo 6262 vs 6265