Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

HTA 35r VS GT850R????

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2008, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sharkbite2000
3380 with out me in it ( I'm 190)

Ok fair enough. My car weighs 3463 (I'm 280lbs).
Old Jun 20, 2008, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 4kinboost
Yup. I want to try my new set-up and self-tune out against the BLACK BEAST!

I'll race you for a soda!

DEAL or NO DEAL?
Let's do it!

Dam your car is heavy what you have in her.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sharkbite2000
Let's do it!

Dam your car is heavy what you have in her.
My car's the opposite of Manny's. Full weight,full interior, a/c, suroof, blah,blah,blah.

He's coming out on sunday as well. Should be a fun day.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 4kinboost
My car's the opposite of Manny's. Full weight,full interior, a/c, suroof, blah,blah,blah.

He's coming out on sunday as well. Should be a fun day.
Hell ya manny's car is light not to mention manny must weigh like 150 or so
Old Jun 20, 2008, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

BLAH BLAH BLAH. A bunch of talk and no answers. Here is a REAL answer.

Buschur Racing Sport Compact Shootout
5/25/2008
AWD Class Finals

SloRice vs. PlayerZ
HTA35R vs. GT850R
Nexan street tires vs. Hoosier Quick Time DOT's
Both full weight street cars

10.053@145.20 vs. 9.982@147.84

That's a .071 second and 2.5 MPH difference between the two with one having a pretty major tire advantage.

At the end of the day, these turbos are probably pretty much identical.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 06:14 AM
Evolving Member

On the same day at the same track (Buschur import event) the 850R AMS customer car beat the HTA 35r equipped cars and won it's class.

Here's the vid from the event http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ-_Mowkt6E

Last edited by blitz118; Jun 20, 2008 at 06:17 AM.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

read post above you
Old Jun 20, 2008, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by highhats
I think AMS does a killer job no? Steves car is extremely fast. Plus AMS has everything in stock all the time. Buschur is the man but he and his company is so busy and slammed that most of the parts you see are never available ( 2-3 week backorderer). Unless you live in ohio or willing to drive there with a predetermined date youll probably have no chance to have them do anything for min 2 months. Not everyone wants to wait.

SPI or Tym Switzer is also in Ohio and makes big power on these platforms. There are many tuners and shops that can do what buschur does. Dynoflash Al or crispeed in Fl can make the power you want if the components are correct.
wait 2 or 3 weeks for parts... get real DB.

How do you think Tim makes the power he does on 4g's? he drives down the street to buschurs.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SloRice
BLAH BLAH BLAH. A bunch of talk and no answers. Here is a REAL answer.

Buschur Racing Sport Compact Shootout
5/25/2008
AWD Class Finals

SloRice vs. PlayerZ
HTA35R vs. GT850R
Nexan street tires vs. Hoosier Quick Time DOT's
Both full weight street cars

10.053@145.20 vs. 9.982@147.84

That's a .071 second and 2.5 MPH difference between the two with one having a pretty major tire advantage.

At the end of the day, these turbos are probably pretty much identical.

Agreed. Tune and driver is much more of a factor.

10.0 on pump gas with 140+ mph traps is taking it to another level though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9Wtw...eature=related

I'm not a fanboy- but damn that car is set-up sweet. There's alot more to getting your car across the line quickly than what dyno sheets say.

Ulimately everyone has different motivation.

Sharkbite's cool because he still has FUN with his car. Alot of this factor has been lost over the past few years in the quest to run the best #'s. The carrito.net evo X just ran 10.99 and all he's been doing is defending himself since posting up the info. Where's the fun in that?

When I line-up with Sharkbite on sunday you better believe win or lose, I'll be giggling all the way up the track. That's my motivation.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tim has a great point here. Give me the HTA35.

This 850 aint provin, 1 car goes HIGH 9's on it, and we have 0 specs on this thing.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blitz118
On the same day at the same track (Buschur import event) the 850R AMS customer car beat the HTA 35r equipped cars and won it's class.

There you go, you proved my point. The last race in that video is my car vs. PlayerZ's car. As you can see, he definately 60 footed the crap out of my car then we held pace all the way down.

Put him back on street tires or me on QT Pro's and it would be a hell of a race.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
highhats, seems you are confused. Just because Peter's car was light weight and super fast that doesn't mean that every car that is fast with the HTA on it is lightweight. Mine is complete also, no A/C but everything else is there and has gone 9.42 at 155. Eric's car has gone 10.4 at 145+, Tim's car has gone 10.05 at 146 mph, both of them are FULL weight, with A/C etc and running on 400 tread wear radial tires. The turbo works kick butt on full weight cars too, obviously.

You are correct though that we run out of product. It isn't because we are slammed busy it's because most of the time our suppliers run out and I am not willing to accept some other "inferior" product to sell to substitute. If we run out of our FMIC cores from Garrett (like you tried to order this week before settling for something else) I am not willing to use someone else's cores. I have to sit by and wait for our cores to come back in stock from Garrett. Same thing with turbo kits, if I feel something is going to work best I am not going to just substitute it for something else to fill an order, it's not how we do things.

I think you will find we build cars in shorter time frames than probably anyone else. A typical full build from stock to 600+ whp typically takes 3 weeks and is ready to be driven anywhere at that point. Yes, it takes 2 months to get in here at times but once you are in for your build you are also back in your car in just a few short weeks. We do not believe in having a car dropped off and letting it sit here for months on end.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
David B's car with the 850 ran really well, he's a great driver and great guy.

I am in no way taking anything away from the turbo, I said I don't even know what it really is.

I am simply pointing out what a BUNCH of cars have done on the HTA35r, that's all.

Slorice's car on QTP's will absolutely go well into the 9's and the MPH should climb atleast 3-4 mph from the tire change too. Slorice, anytime you want to use my tires/wheels you know they are yours.

I am looking forward to testing more of PTE's new turbo options. I have a few on order now, I missed the boat on the initial release.

Remember, there are turbos that make more power than the HTA35r, obviously, but the low/mid range is where the HTA shines over the standard 35r and other larger turbos. For a guy who is going to drive his car on the street that extra 50 whp/50 ft lbs (just an example) make a hell of a big difference in his driving experience in his daily driver.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blitz118

Looked like more of a tire issue than anything.

Last edited by 4kinboost; Jun 20, 2008 at 08:30 AM. Reason: wrong words
Old Jun 20, 2008, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
highhats, seems you are confused. Just because Peter's car was light weight and super fast that doesn't mean that every car that is fast with the HTA on it is lightweight. Mine is complete also, no A/C but everything else is there and has gone 9.42 at 155. Eric's car has gone 10.4 at 145+, Tim's car has gone 10.05 at 146 mph, both of them are FULL weight, with A/C etc and running on 400 tread wear radial tires. The turbo works kick butt on full weight cars too, obviously.

You are correct though that we run out of product. It isn't because we are slammed busy it's because most of the time our suppliers run out and I am not willing to accept some other "inferior" product to sell to substitute. If we run out of our FMIC cores from Garrett (like you tried to order this week before settling for something else) I am not willing to use someone else's cores. I have to sit by and wait for our cores to come back in stock from Garrett. Same thing with turbo kits, if I feel something is going to work best I am not going to just substitute it for something else to fill an order, it's not how we do things.

I think you will find we build cars in shorter time frames than probably anyone else. A typical full build from stock to 600+ whp typically takes 3 weeks and is ready to be driven anywhere at that point. Yes, it takes 2 months to get in here at times but once you are in for your build you are also back in your car in just a few short weeks. We do not believe in having a car dropped off and letting it sit here for months on end.

There's an old Japanese saying::

"The best places to eat have the longest lines."

Just food for thought.

Quick Reply: HTA 35r VS GT850R????