Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

HTA 35r VS GT850R????

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2008, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BigBadQuattro
We know from Pete's car the HTA35R is good for 747awhp...Now i want to see what the 850R will max out at.

I hope David gets this new turbo real soon so we can get some real testing...
Ok well I don’t know what the MAX of the 850R turbo is but if you try and stick with me we’ll get a better idea of what we are working with.

Sharkbite made 671hp at AMS on their dyno. Then I believe the same week but maybe a week after he made 714hp at ICS.

Pete’s car made 747hp at ICS on VP Import.

I made 730hp on Q-16.

I don’t really like comparing dyno numbers. Especially from different dynos but there you have it.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PlayerZ
Ok well I don’t know what the MAX of the 850R turbo is but if you try and stick with me we’ll get a better idea of what we are working with.

Sharkbite made 671hp at AMS on their dyno. Then I believe the same week but maybe a week after he made 714hp at ICS.

I made 730hp on Q-16.

I don’t really like comparing dyno numbers. Especially from different dynos but there you have it.
I try not to get caught up into the dyno thing ...... but i thought that was a very honest thing to put out there.

So since the "cat is sorta out of the bag" is there a reason for not running the 65wheel especially with your stroker or even for the 2.0L's out there?
Old Jun 21, 2008, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made 730hp on Q-16.

You made two valid points about different dyno's and fuel quality, Q16 vs VP Import. If my memory serves me correctly Pete's car made 737 before he added the import fuel. I'm not even going to address the fact that different dyno's and how its configured, correct factor, humidity..blah...blah... will effect hp #'s. However, Dynojects are know to be more consistent.

Let's face it your 10.0 vs 10.1 victory with the advantage going to you w/ the drag radial is not convincing me that the 850R is making more power. In fact, i think the HTA will make more power with the right package. Can i be wrong yes, but that's just how i feel base on the evidence i see.

let's get this new turbo at buschur racing and dyno test it against the HTA and see what the outcome will be. I know david wants to do it, im not sure why a big company like AMS cant get HTA35R to test. Anyway, I hope david gets turbo soon so we can put this topic to rest!
Old Jun 21, 2008, 12:42 PM
Former Sponsor

BigBadQuattro, your right on the mark.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I made 730hp on Q-16.

Ok, since I DO like comparing dyno numbers here is what I came up with:

COMPARISON #1
SB's car made 6.4% more power at ICS than AMS (714\671).
Multiply your AMS # by 6.4% and you get 777whp (730*1.064)

COMPARISON #2
Your car made 8.8% more power than SB's car on the AMS dyno (730/671).
Multiply SB's ICS # by 8.8% and you get 777whp (714*1.088).

So those two separate comparisons show that your car should make around 777 WHP on ICS's dyno with the same tune you ran on AMS's dyno, with VP Q16.

THEN, throw in some VP IMPORT and if you can make just 3% more power with it, you will have an 800whp EVO on ICS's dyno.

Congrats Bro!!

Last edited by EVOlutionary; Jun 21, 2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 01:38 PM
Former Sponsor

at the end of the day its NOT the peak power that gets you down the track quicker.. its your powerband.. Ill would be willing to bet with the 6265 or 6262/850r or 35r hta youll run almost identical times as all 3 turbos will have a great powerband.. Just a guess and my .02
Old Jun 21, 2008, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm pretty sure If I had some VP import 120+ I would of made 740 and better off the 37R at about 46psi.

Dont know what im running now but im running daily at 44psi.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

why do so many people have to hate the possibility of having more then one choice to reach the same goals? besides if EVERYONE used the same turbo, there would be no steps forward. Life is boring with only 1 choice. And to everyone who bashes new stuff saying its not proven yet....how will it BE proven if people dont try it out?
Old Jun 21, 2008, 02:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Everyone is in a panic state on here lately w/ turbo and cam selection..LOL
Old Jun 21, 2008, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I don't know about you guys but from what I'm reading these turbos are to close to justify any additional lag than what the HTA 35R provides.

Dave Buschur, where are you???? Test this sh*t and be done with it!
Old Jun 21, 2008, 02:51 PM
Former Sponsor

He's mowing the grass I'm sure he will chime in later tonight.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Mowing was nice, the ice cold beer was nicer. Hanging out with my neighbors, my wife and kids today was even better. Not a single arguement or fight. We caught some BIG *** bass and BIG bluegill, drank some more cold beer, ran around on the ATV's and sat in the garage and watched it rain and hail like mad.............a very good day.

PTE sent me one turbo, it was a prototype turbo that was built for me to test against the HTA. The turbo did very well, it made some additional top end power over the HTA but did not spool up as quickly as the HTA. After the testing was over I returned it to PTE and they are working on something else.

I have a 6265 on order, should have it, maybe this week. When I get it I am putting it on my RS right away and then it goes to a customer. I want to run it first and we have it worked out for me to do that.

When I dyno it I will give a full report.

I agree that there are a bunch of turbos that will run nearly the same ET/Times but can have completely different response when you drive it. Actually my HTA35 is running at quick as some and quicker than some other GT42's. haha My point is you may as well get the best spooling/best response turbo you can to accomplish your goals. Driving a big laggy turbo (not saying the GT850 is laggy as I have never seen or tested one) sucks and is much harder to get down the track than a smaller turbo with great response.

Same thing with cams. I ran so many freaking cams over the last few months in my car. There are some that are very very close in performance but the valvetrain requirements to run some of them are rediculous and using some of these cams would make you a border line retard over something smaller that makes the same power with no stress on the valvetrain.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Excellent post David Patiently waiting to see your thougths on this new line of turbos. We know AMS's feelings already - they like it - but they probably don't have as much experience with the HTA 35R as you do . . .

It will be an interesting test. My predictions will be that you'll pick up ~40whp but it will come in 500-700 rpm later. . .
Old Jun 21, 2008, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
Excellent post David Patiently waiting to see your thougths on this new line of turbos. We know AMS's feelings already - they like it - but they probably don't have as much experience with the HTA 35R as you do . . .

It will be an interesting test. My predictions will be that you'll pick up ~40whp but it will come in 500-700 rpm later. . .
+ 1000 AMS loved the 37r too, and we know what Buschur thinks, its in my sig! David B. can you put an GT850R on order as well please?

Also I offered my own HTA to AMS for the test,but they said they where to busy, even with the donation for testing
Old Jun 22, 2008, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I am a bit confused actually. AMS has tested the HTA turbo before, quite a few times. A member here on EVOm actually took a dyno sheet from them and posted it in the thread about the 850 turbo and took the time to lay it over the 850 sheet. It was asked to be removed from the thread..............

I can't put a GT850r on order, I wouldn't ask PTE what it is and since I don't know I can't get one.

Quick Reply: HTA 35r VS GT850R????