Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

intake manifold .

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2008, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Driven Innovations
crcain,

As you know when Dave put Hypertune TB on my manifold it beat all of the manifolds that were put to the test! HKS never blew doors of my manifold. It did perform better than my manifold with the 65mm tb but not with 3in! Hence why Dave was running my manifold after the testing.
Can you post up the dyno sheets with your manifold with the 3" TB against the others? Going by what ive seen in all Dave's testing the Hypertune,Kansai and INDY V2 have the smallest midrange loss and similar top end, while the DI and VSR have some mid losses but can match the others up top as well.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I see your request and I have a request from DI for them.

I will have to go through my notes and see if I can figure out which runs are which. I am bad about not putting notes in the dyno (never actually) so if I don't note the runs on paper it is impossible to go back and find the runs later.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Top dawg...

Indy modified HKS...
Old Jun 24, 2008, 12:11 AM
Evolving Member

guyz ,rnt we missing the ams vsr in the list ?
Old Jun 24, 2008, 05:36 AM
Evolving Member

Well I think this kinda got sidetracked with people debating manifolds that were not asked about but of course are the current hot trend being pushed. So yes it has gone missing from the discussion. Also I dont think these people have any comparison data for the AMS vs others, nor are they vendors for AMS product so they dont talk about it like they do their stocked products they rep.

AMS VSR is an amazing piece from the one I saw in person (the street version) and it definately makes the power from all the information I have seen. Quality, fit, and finish are also all top notch. The only thing I have to say that I dont like about this intake is that you have to get a little creative to run an IAC which is not a big deal and worth the power increase the manifold gives imo (something your going to run into with any sheetmetal).

Last edited by twkdcd595; Jun 24, 2008 at 06:20 AM. Reason: grammar correction
Old Jun 24, 2008, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

dont wnna jump in and mess up a great argument here 8-) but has anyone heard anything, good/ok/terrible about the Weapon-R intake manifold?

http://weapon-r.com/english/index.ph...=shopping_cart
Old Jun 24, 2008, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

do a search someone used it with an Fp green and had good results over the stock ported IM.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 06:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by twkdcd595

AMS VSR is an amazing piece from the one I saw in person (the street version) and it definately makes the power from all the information I have seen. Quality, fit, and finish are also all top notch. The only thing I have to say that I dont like about this intake is that you have to get a little creative to run an IAC which is not a big deal and worth the power increase the manifold gives imo (something your going to run into with any sheetmetal).
The factory IAC is mounted to the throttle body. If you choose to run the stock or ported stock throttle body, you have no issues. If you chose to run a BBK / Accufab etc, then you need to get creative. Both throttle bodies can be purchased with provisions for a Ford style IAC which you can get to work with AEM. I have also seen adapters for GM style to Ford mounting if you prefer a stepper motor IAC. I will have to look at a TB but I bet I could machine an adapter to run the factory IAC on an aftermarket TB also.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Actually, nothing was overlooked on my part, if I was being referred to. If you'd like to use the AMS intake we sell those too or you can buy direct from AMS. We can also provide a provision for the stock IAC on the AMS intake, it is a modification we do here on the intake manifolds, this is if you want to use a 3" throttle body.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 08:37 PM
Evolving Member

We actually offer IAC adaptors for Ford Style TB's so no need to get creative. Its a simple bolt on affair. We offer many other TB options as well: ProEFI, BBK, Wilson and Hypertune! The best one so far we tested is Hypertune TB's it lets you retain your stock TPS and comes with IAC adaptor that we weld on to the manifold.
PM if anyone has any questions on IM's and TB's.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

We actually offer IAC adaptors for Ford Style TB's so no need to get creative. Its a simple bolt on affair. We offer many other TB options as well: ProEFI, BBK, Wilson and Hypertune! The best one so far we tested is Hypertune TB's it lets you retain your stock TPS and comes with IAC adaptor that we weld on to the manifold.
PM if anyone has any questions on IM's and TB's.

Do you have a manifold which is NYS emission legal like the Indy V2 manifold?
Old Jun 25, 2008, 05:35 AM
Evolving Member

I stand corrected on the IAC, the VSR or other sheetmetal experience I have is with aftermarket ford style TB's without provisions for IAC. Good info... I will have to look in to these adapter options.

Last edited by twkdcd595; Jun 25, 2008 at 05:42 AM.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 06:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blitz118
Do you have a manifold which is NYS emission legal like the Indy V2 manifold?
We can make provisions for EGR valve at customers request.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Tom@Driven, remember, there are people who want to run these intakes with the stock ECU, the stock ECU will not drive the aftermarket IAC's. Running the stock IAC throug the adapter you saw that I made on your intake works well for them.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

We can make provisions for EGR valve at customers request.
Do you have an intake with everything required to work with the stock ecu and will it pass NYS emissions? If so can you please some pics with the required equipment on the manifold?

Quick Reply: intake manifold .