Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

HTA 35r 633hp 496tq

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2008, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ Thanks for confirming what I already suspected.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 08:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Nice numbers. I am only here to comment on the fuel system.

Whoever built that double pumper for you, well..........not so good. Multiple problems from what I can just see from the picture. Anyway, I am not here to insult anyone, just add some facts.

OUR double pumper in my EVO has made 700 whp on OUR dyno, which everyone knows reads low as hell. I am running he stock fuel lines, both feed and return are stock. I am also running a stock fuel pressure regulator. I am having ZERO fuel problems. My car has run 9.42 at 155.78 mph in fuel street trim. I am using 1200 cc injectors.

I have built countless 600 whp EVO's using our double pumper, stock fuel lines and stock fuel pressure regulators, NO problems what-so-ever.

You absolutely do NOT need to change your fuel lines or regulator.
He is running two wablro GSS340's with modified relief valves which are good for 900+whp and 1000cc injectors which are good for 700whp. Its pretty obvious that there is a feed issue between the pumps and the injectors. Probably something between where the two pumps meet the stock feed. I'm not sure how the pumps are mounted or what size fittings they used but the problem is most likely in there. We run one 255 in the tank and another walbro in-line. We also use -6 line and an Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator. We DO NOT have any fuel issues either.

Keith
Old Jul 2, 2008, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
BTW Bean, what do you guys do to modify the relief valves in the pumps? Reccomend to do that to all of them?

Last edited by ExViTermini; Jul 2, 2008 at 10:21 AM.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 09:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ExViTermini
BTW Bean, what do you guys do to modify the relief valves in the pumps? Reccomend to do that to all of them?

Its easy to do. If your looking at the top of the fuel pump, the relief valve is next to the fuel outlet. Take a center punch and drive the little cap you see down until the spring is bottomed out.

Keith
Old Jul 2, 2008, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
-6 lines and the regulator are not needed with a double pumper or at the HP level that car is at. That was my point. It was also my point obviously something is wrong with the goofy double pumper set up or it wouldn't be out of fuel.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

-6 lines and the regulator are not needed with a double pumper or at the HP level that car is at. That was my point. It was also my point obviously something is wrong with the goofy double pumper set up or it wouldn't be out of fuel.
It's not goofy haha. There are only so many ways to install the two pumps in the tank using the stock carrier (different fittings, hoses, etc.). The owner of the car and BVP are already aware that the pumps needed to be rewired. I assume that is what you are noticing about it. It was mainly to see exactly how much power you could safely net without the rewire.
Now the car is running -8 lines coming off the pumps along with an Aeromotive fuel rail and FPR plus the rewire. This is what the owner wanted to run.

I know you stand behind your products and they are making great power on your cars. This is just another company doing research and development on their products.
We do appreciate the insight nonetheless. It is always amazing to see what Evo's can do with little modification.

Last edited by bpclements; Jul 2, 2008 at 01:25 PM.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Yes, using the stock carrier is a great idea and very innovative on OUR part. It good to see others doing the normal and copying the idea now................

I have to admit to actually having respect for Full Blown for coming up with an idea of their own on the double pumpers and building it out of billet.

There are a few other things that right but no need to run an education course on "How to build a correct double pumper" I'm sure in time ours will just be copied part for part.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 07:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Yes, using the stock carrier is a great idea and very innovative on OUR part. It good to see others doing the normal and copying the idea now................
People have been running 2 walbro pumps on stock senders since the 90's. Its not rocket science. Viper and Supra guys have even run 3 pumps........

Keith
Old Jul 3, 2008, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

I am confused here. Do you guys just make stupid comments to make them and see what happens or is it for some other reason?

The car here in question made 633 on a Dynojet. Good enough numbers but certainly not high enough to need anything more than a PROPERLY BUILT AND DESIGNED DOUBLE PUMPER TO FUEL IT.

There is no arguement or stupid comments needed from any of the un-experts at TT. The facts are the facts. My car runs 155 MPH trap speeds, has stock fuel lines (feed and return), stock fuel pressure regulator, 1200 cc injectors and our simple drop in double pumper which consists of two Walbro pumps.

That's it, that's the facts without stupid *** input and stupid *** comments. There is something obviously wrong with ANYONE's set up if they cannot do that same thing. I don't have magical-larger-one-off fuel lines on my car or some Mitsubishi prototype fuel pressure regulator on it.

The double pumper on this car is obviously flawed, I can see it in the pictures in multiple ways.

To the guy who has the car, you can spend a stupid amount of time and money to put a regulator and larger lines on the car or you can find the correct parts and company to help you do it and leave the car with the reliable good stock parts on it, that is your choice. The fact will remain no matter what that the set up you have is not correct.
There is no reason to argue here. This is not your car or your parts. No one has said anything derrogatory towards Buschur Racing in this thread.
You have really nice proven products. Please push them somewhere else as the owner of this car is TTr and BVP all the way. I understand that you may have disagreements with TTr but, you are the vendor and people look up to you. The arguments should be done privately.
Could the owner have went with your double pumper and called it a day, Yes. That is not what he chose to do. The only comment that was needed is a simple suggestion similar to your first post. From then on your products should speak for themselves in which they do. Your cars have put down some impressive times. The intention here was not to copy anything that you have done.

Last edited by bpclements; Jul 3, 2008 at 09:16 AM.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 09:09 AM
Former Sponsor

No need for confusion. Its actually rather simple. Mark told him he needed lines and a regulator since he knows that there was OBVIOUSLY a problem between the two pumps and the stock feed. He didn't look at it so who knows. It could be those little brass fittings are too small. Maybe Wrick wanted to use nice braided lines and AN fittings instead of ****ty brass fittings. Maybe they actually wanted the fuel system to look nice....since it is a show car too. He already has the two pumps, the Y fitting, the pumps are mounted, etc. He can either buy your system for $500 or spend $350 on a regualtor and some lines and not only have a system that works....but it will also actually look nice. We know that running lines and a regulator will work since we had two walbros, in the stock location, lines, and a reg on our race car 2004. Guess that means that we innovated it on an Evo.

Facts are facts Dave. It has already been proven that you can run as fast as 8.50's in an Evo on a Mitsubishi rear end. There is no magical rear end needed to do that. There is obviously something wrong with ANYONES setup that needs anything other than a mitsubishi rear to run 8.50's or cut a halfway decent 60ft.

Keith

Head "unexpert"
Turbotrix Racing
Old Jul 3, 2008, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Dave, seriously this thread has nothing to do with you, if they are doing something "wrong" in your eyes let them, it's working for them...

I am sure some people think you don't do everything as you should, yet they will not come into your threads and tell you how to properly do it. If they wanted to I am sure they could replicated your fuel pump exactly, but they didn't because that is not their intention or goal.

Yes you made YOUR car make lots of HP and run very fast traps, but guess what its ONE car, that has been modified, tuned, and built to a very high degree, to go very fast down the quarter mile....

I doubt many other evo's have seen the amount of dyno or build or prep time that your RS has, given that nobody is surprised at how fast it is, but don't use it as a measuring stick against a customers mildly built street car. Yes yours is faster but frankly nobody cares.

Scorke
Old Jul 3, 2008, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TurbotrixRacing
Facts are facts Dave. It has already been proven that you can run as fast as 8.50's in an Evo on a Mitsubishi rear end. There is no magical rear end needed to do that. There is obviously something wrong with ANYONES setup that needs anything other than a mitsubishi rear to run 8.50's or cut a halfway decent 60ft.

Keith

Head "unexpert"
Turbotrix Racing
Burn..... Good point keith

Scorke
Old Jul 3, 2008, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

'Popping popcorn'... This thread's on fire.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by TurbotrixRacing

Keith

Head "unexpert"
Turbotrix Racing
Well Mr. "unexpert", you forget, hes running a Mitsubishi Mustang....not an evo.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ExViTermini
Well Mr. "unexpert", you forget, hes running a Mitsubishi Mustang....not an evo.
LOL .. i do give him props for inventing the first outlaw evo .. :-) Is it a ford .. or is it a mitsu ... you be the judge

Mark
Turbotrix

Quick Reply: HTA 35r 633hp 496tq