Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

BR's dyno testing and new parts development continues...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2008, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
There is one vent on the valve cover and the PCV valve. With this most guys will eliminate the PCV plus the added port in the dipstick, that makes for 3 vents now.
Ok yes I understand 3 vents now... but there is indeed 2 vents before right? PCV is one, and the one above the cam sensor the other. So it was 2 and is now 3 with the added dipstick port.

Are you just not counting the PCV as a crankcase vent because it is closed on boost?

Dave does your kit include a fitting that replaces the stock PCV valve?
Old Oct 29, 2008, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I haven't driven the car in the cold winter months.

I explained the PCV/vents, done with that subject now. The horse is dead.

Yes, the kit will include the fitting to replace the PCV, they will be machined next week, the drawing is being dropped off in the morning.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 02:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweet put me inline for one.

Dave would you reckon the tube diameter is more than enough to deal with high boost etc..
I know most guys run huge pipes is there a benefit to going so big?

and another problem, what about us poor RHD drives guys... we got brake booster in the way.
Suppose we can move it to the right of engine bay and just make sure it sits higher than the dipstick drain hole.

awesome......
nice Mr Buschur..
Old Oct 31, 2008, 05:11 AM
Evolved Member

Looks alot like the Crawford design
Old Oct 31, 2008, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

The RHD market isn't a huge part of my business, never thought about it to be honest. The can could be mounted elsewhere, as you said.

The larger the holes in the valve cover the more crank case pressure you can vent. If your engine doesn't have an excessive amount of blow by you shouldn't have a tremendous amount of pressure to begin with. I am not willing to drill large holes in my valve cover to put larger vents in. Part of the thought behind doing two valve cover vents and returning it through the dipstick was to get 3 vents. The top two are 3/8" and the lower is 1/2".

Under boosted conditions the car only has ONE. The PCV is closed under boost, so all you have is the factory vent which is 5/16".
Old Oct 31, 2008, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

The RHD market isn't a huge part of my business, never thought about it to be honest. The can could be mounted elsewhere, as you said.

The larger the holes in the valve cover the more crank case pressure you can vent. If your engine doesn't have an excessive amount of blow by you shouldn't have a tremendous amount of pressure to begin with. I am not willing to drill large holes in my valve cover to put larger vents in. Part of the thought behind doing two valve cover vents and returning it through the dipstick was to get 3 vents. The top two are 3/8" and the lower is 1/2".

Under boosted conditions the car only has ONE. The PCV is closed under boost, so all you have is the factory vent which is 5/16".

ye well it no Biggy!
we can just relocate to the other side with longer hoses so it not really a problem

so in your eyes, the huge hoses are really necessary if you not running 45 psi.
and with your you gonna have 3 breathing instead of the crappy 5/16.

still looks top dollar Dave.
I want one
Old Oct 31, 2008, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

I am running 41 psi of boost on my car, at 33 psi when I did the initial testing there were gains on my car with the catch can even at that boost level.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Just put it on my tab at Harry's....er, David's
Old Oct 31, 2008, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

I am running 41 psi of boost on my car, at 33 psi when I did the initial testing there were gains on my car with the catch can even at that boost level.
cool
but how can breathing the engine better net more power...
I am a bit confused but excuse my ignorance
care to enlighten me
Old Oct 31, 2008, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

I think the gains are from less resistance when the pistons are moving down the bores. If there is excessive pressure in the crankcase then that is resistance against them moving down. Not sure though.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 09:01 AM
Former Sponsor

The catch cans are available on the site or by calling us here at the shop.

https://secure.buschurracing.com/cat...93b2c01043de83
Old Nov 10, 2008, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Here is the last part to the kits. This is the new fitting we had built to replace the PCV valve. It presses into the valve cover just like the factory PCV does. This give you a straight port to vent the pressure through and makes the routing of the hose clean and straight.

These are available seperately too for anyone that might need one, $29.

Old Nov 11, 2008, 04:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
David like you said its up to the customer if they want to drill the valve cover and such.

I thought of an idea. The new fitting you just posted for the pcv removel is awesome. But maybe you can make an option on that instead of the nipple part you can have a 6an threaded part on it. Like the best of both worlds. I don't know its just a thought so some of us don't have to drill and tap that part of the valve cover.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by evodan2004
David like you said its up to the customer if they want to drill the valve cover and such.

I thought of an idea. The new fitting you just posted for the pcv removel is awesome. But maybe you can make an option on that instead of the nipple part you can have a 6an threaded part on it. Like the best of both worlds. I don't know its just a thought so some of us don't have to drill and tap that part of the valve cover.

bump
Old Nov 25, 2008, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

I have no desire to make that fitting in a -6. There's no need for it. -6 is 3/8", the fitting is 3/8". I'd sell 1 fitting if made it in -6.

If it's a custom job that you are trying to accomplish then sometimes you have to just bite the bullet and pay the big bucks to have custom parts built.

This seems to have worked pretty well so far and my car is pretty fast (haha) so I don't know how much more extravagant it needs to be. I can't see adding the weight and expense of -6 AN lines to something this simple, makes no sense to me.

Quick Reply: BR's dyno testing and new parts development continues...