Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

BR's dyno testing and new parts development continues...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2008, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I have no desire to make that fitting in a -6. There's no need for it. -6 is 3/8", the fitting is 3/8". I'd sell 1 fitting if made it in -6.

If it's a custom job that you are trying to accomplish then sometimes you have to just bite the bullet and pay the big bucks to have custom parts built.

This seems to have worked pretty well so far and my car is pretty fast (haha) so I don't know how much more extravagant it needs to be. I can't see adding the weight and expense of -6 AN lines to something this simple, makes no sense to me.

im my opinion the weight if the -6 an line VS a rubber hose is not gonna affect the 1/4 miles times of the car. the only reason i asked for it is because the black ss -6 an lines would look better then just a rubber hose. and to the guys who drill and tap there valve covers in the pcv hole use -6 ss line. so to make one like you did but with a -6 threaded end would be more plug and play for those who want it.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the guys that drill and tap their valve covers use bigger than -6.

Hard to say what size is needed without anyone ever measuring crankcase pressure properly. Definitely like Dave's setup for adding another port to the dipstick.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crcain
I think the guys that drill and tap their valve covers use bigger than -6.

Hard to say what size is needed without anyone ever measuring crankcase pressure properly. Definitely like Dave's setup for adding another port to the dipstick.
It would be nice to see someone measure what the 4g63 has for crankcase pressure at the levels we are pushing them at.

I recently saw an individual's logs in the Honda community for a car that makes 900+whp and traps 169mph in the 1/4 and he was measuring crankcase pressure. This car has 4 -10 AN lines coming from the valve cover and 2 -10 AN lines coming from the back of the block, to a catch can big enough to hold more oil than the motor will hold. 3 filters are coming off the catch can for proper breathing of course.

This setup in the logs @ 8500rpm in the 3rd gear and 45psi of boost, was creating only .1psi of crankcase pressure.

Has anybody thought of modifying the oil pump plug that is used when balance shafts are removed, and convert this to a fitting or barbed line to draw pressure from the block as well as the valve cover? You could get a pretty large AN fitting in there like a -12. This would also aid in the fact the catch can would re-circulate back to the pan thru this fitting when off boost.

Obviously the lower timing cover would need to be altered or removed all together.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by kcevo
It would be nice to see someone measure what the 4g63 has for crankcase pressure at the levels we are pushing them at.

I recently saw an individual's logs in the Honda community for a car that makes 900+whp and traps 169mph in the 1/4 and he was measuring crankcase pressure. This car has 4 -10 AN lines coming from the valve cover and 2 -10 AN lines coming from the back of the block, to a catch can big enough to hold more oil than the motor will hold. 3 filters are coming off the catch can for proper breathing of course.

This setup in the logs @ 8500rpm in the 3rd gear and 45psi of boost, was creating only .1psi of crankcase pressure.
I believe you are talking about Tony1's car. He makes those cans and can custom make one.

I think Buschur's design is great for most everyone on this board and having a kit that is an easy bolt on is a nice bonus.

My mom asked me what I wanted for xmas and this is what I told her. Does the kit come with the fitting to replace the PCV? Does it include the hose? If not, what hose do you recommend David?
Thanks for the great gift idea!
Old Nov 27, 2008, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I've worked on hundreds of EVO's. I've yet to see one with a drilled and tapped valve cover, so as I said, the market isn't there for such a part and I have no interest in building a -6 fitting. I personally don't think bulky/expensive -6 lines coming off the valve cover look better than the short/inexpensive 3/8" lines I am using.

ladysman,
Yes, the kits come complete, the can, dipstick, hoses, PCV replacement fitting.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
ladysman,
Yes, the kits come complete, the can, dipstick, hoses, PCV replacement fitting.
Thanks!
Old Dec 3, 2008, 07:52 AM
Former Sponsor

We are proud to release the Buschur Racing cam sensor heatshield.

The shield is the newest innovation from Indy Technologies. This shield was produced after seeing multiple failures of the cam sensor due to increased heat being introduced to the sensor from running an tubular exhaust.

The shield is available in standard Carbon Fiber and CF covered with high temp gold foil.

This shield installs very quickly with just one bolt on top of the sensor housing.

Here is the shield installed on David's RS without the foil:

These are in stock and can be ordered over the phone. They are also on the website now and ready for purchase.

CF shield without Gold Foil *ON WWW.BUSCHURRACING.COM

CF shield w/ Gold Foil *ON WWW.BUSCHURRACING.COM

Take care!

Last edited by chaotichoax; Dec 3, 2008 at 09:34 PM. Reason: no pricing
Old Dec 3, 2008, 10:05 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

ROCKS!
Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Is mine on it's way? You've got my cc number.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 9sec9
Is mine on it's way? You've got my cc number.
Its not yet but it will be.

Tom give me a call when you get a second please.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
The sensor cover looks great.

Is it possible to offer the sensor covers with a hole on the bottom to pass a tie-wrap through to tie up the sensor harnes....to prevent wire chafing?

I see in your pic, you added the curly shield.....I'm not a big fan of those, as they just help a wire sit in 1 spot & chafe sooner if on a sharp edge.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 01:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Aby, I'm sending David a P-clamp for the harness to mount where the ground wire attaches.

Last edited by Indy Evo; Dec 3, 2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

I ordered my heat sheild this mourning, Hopefully work picks up so I can send my car up to OH for a build by spring!
Old Dec 3, 2008, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Not a fan? I'm not a fan of a lot of things. Maybe this is something else we've done that you guys can start doing next.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Great job on the sheilds Indy

Quick Reply: BR's dyno testing and new parts development continues...