Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

BR's dyno testing and new parts development continues...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2008, 05:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On a stock install all thats needed is to route the harness under the bracket. There is plenty of clearance around the shield for this mounting method without contact issues. Depending on where the harness is located by the owner will dictate where a P clamp needs to be installed for proper strain relief. Thanks, Indy
Attached Thumbnails BR's dyno testing and new parts development continues...-20-005.jpg  

Last edited by Indy Evo; Dec 4, 2008 at 08:29 AM.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Very worthwhile read here.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Hey, just received 1 of the catch cans, and I have a noobish question.

1) it cam with a machined nipple, where does it install at

2) Do I need to remove the PCV valve when I install this? (being that 1 side of the valve cover has a PCV valve and the other does not.

3) With this cam, will I still need to run a zip strip or a retaining spring on the dip stick?

Thank for you help and this catch can looks beautiful. I am very excited to install it this weekend.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sabastian458

2) Do I need to remove the PCV valve when I install this? (being that 1 side of the valve cover has a PCV valve and the other does not.

3) With this cam, will I still need to run a zip strip or a retaining spring on the dip stick?

Thank for you help and this catch can looks beautiful. I am very excited to install it this weekend.
1. If its a straight nipple, it goes where the PCV was. If its a 90 degree nipple it goes where the front valve cover vent is.

2. Refer back to #1. If its straight, yes. I would personally get rid of the PCV all together. That's on my list this winter.

3. That I don't know. The goal of the whole setup is to reduce crankcase pressure, so hopefully no.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

The machined nipple gets pressed into the valve cover where the aluminum bung is for the factory PCV.

Yes, the PCV needs to be removed.

Yes, you need the spring to hold the dipstick in or a wire tie if that is what you use.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

I can't post anything else here, so go view the site again aby.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The machined nipple gets pressed into the valve cover where the aluminum bung is for the factory PCV.

Yes, the PCV needs to be removed.

Yes, you need the spring to hold the dipstick in or a wire tie if that is what you use.

Ok thank you! I will try to install tonite. Id like to take pix and do a small write up for the HOW TO section for others, If it is ok with you.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 01:19 PM

Ok thank you! I will try to install tonite. Id like to take pix and do a small write up for the HOW TO section for others, If it is ok with you.
Yes, pics and write-up would be cool. It's a quick and easy job. {thumbup**
Old Dec 4, 2008, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

ok. Installing the can now and ran into somethings. (pointing out, not complaining)

1) Can rubs onto the abs lines. If the mounting bracket on the can was over 1/2 off center, it would clear both intake mani and abs pump/lines.

2) Dip stick did not come with a new o ring for where it slides into the block. (sourced my own, hope it works good)

and I need a lil install help. I asume that the 2 ports on the side near the bottom, that the lower port gets connected to the intake manifold and the upper port gets connected into where the pcv valve was connected?

**looking back at the web site pictures, it appears that both ports are connected to both valve cover ports. If that is so, what do I do with the port on the intake manifold? Block it off?
Old Dec 5, 2008, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Here is the HOW TO write up on installing this catch can. Hopefully it will help others that have questions.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=385701
Old Dec 5, 2008, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

I don't know who cleaned up this thread but THANK YOU. I will also remove the thread from our site concerning this one. Get things back to "normal" around here.

Thanks to the moderator who took care of it. I appreciate it.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 08:52 AM

Here is the HOW TO write up on installing this catch can. Hopefully it will help others that have questions.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=385701
Great writeup. I was wondering about the ABS lines but you should be able to slightly tweak the bracket. Did you happen to take pics?
Old Dec 5, 2008, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

I'm not sure why the was a problem on the ABS lines. When we built the kit we built on my brothers car which does have ABS. I am thinking that a minor tweaking of the bracket on the can should bring the can out away from the ABS.

Thanks again.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good write up. I'm in the states now and thinking of ordering three of these... one for myself and one for my two other friends with Evo 6's. Might be calling Buschur on this one.

All of us have built motors and all of us have to top up our oil after about 3-4 weeks driving. Thinking better crankcase venting might help.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Sounds like you have more problems than crancase venting.....

Quick Reply: BR's dyno testing and new parts development continues...