Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Installed a HeadGames head: dyno tested – new records!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2008, 01:31 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by HeadGames
40whp is preety easy for a head ported we have seen as much as 140whp
Not on a IX or IX-sized turbo, c'mon, lets be real here.

Originally Posted by razorlab
But you also changed from a stock Ecu to a Standalone correct?
Right, there could be 10-15whp in gains from ditching the MAF.

Still, if you atribute 15whp gains from the MAF, 20whp from the head, 15whp from more boost, and another 10whp from improved tuning w/ the new ecu, these are good gains!
Old Jun 25, 2008, 01:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,050 Likes on 763 Posts
Originally Posted by scheides

Still, if you atribute 15whp gains from the MAF, 20whp from the head, 15whp from more boost, and another 10whp from improved tuning w/ the new ecu, these are good gains!
I'd be pretty damn happy with 20whp gains from a new head while still using a stock frame turbo.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
Is there a translator I can run that first post through so I can actually understand half the words?

If you changed from the stock ecu to a standalone as well, this is not a good A to B comparison.

Either way, I am sure a large amount of the gain is from the head itself.
Pleas don't get me wrong: I'm not doing a straight compression here, I strongly believe that the last modification in my setup was the head, and yes the new tune with MoTec should have significant, however I don't believe that the new tune and ECU could bring me up without the HeadGames head, Pleas uninstalled, I'm bringing facts and not trying to argue.

Last edited by RanEvo; Jun 25, 2008 at 05:35 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

I will take you to a small tour around the HeadGames head, which I found to look amazing!

Old Jun 25, 2008, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RanEvo
Pleas got don't get me wrong: I'm not doing a straight compression here, I strongly believe that the last modification in my setup was the head, and yes the new tune with MoTec should have significant, however I don't believe that the new tune and ECU could bring me up without the HeadGames head, Pleas uninstalled, I'm bringing facts and not trying to argue.

So, I'm thinking your using either a spell checker or auto completion or a translator page or something...

Any way, I'm still curious why your power is dropping so bad over 6,000 rpm. It drops 80 whp from 6,000 to 7,500.

I'm thinking you may want to check your cam timing man (although if they were too advanced I would expect to see it spool sooner, which it is not, and drop early, which it is), I would think with the mods you should be making peak much closer to 7,000 than 6,000 unless the turbo is just completely out of breath.

What cams you running?
Old Jun 25, 2008, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

To be honest, I'm not really impress. Especially it's on a Dynopack. I've seen a lot better number from a stock engine, stock ECU with a green turbo from a Dynopack.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 9
To be honest, I'm not really impress. Especially it's on a Dynopack. I've seen a lot better number from a stock engine, stock ECU with a green turbo from a Dynopack.
I've seen elephant walking in Manhattan....
dud, pleas show me what you have I haven't seen anything like it in this forum or the MLR forum, but I'm just human.
Sorrey I can't "impress" you or everyone, anyway have a good one

Last edited by RanEvo; Jun 26, 2008 at 05:24 AM.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
What is a dyno record on the internet mean? Not much to most people that know they're stuff (to an extent)
What you need to do is take it to the track, THEN show us proof that has real meaning..

I'm sure that head is amazing, I'm sure that M800 plug and play ECU is amazing as well, but take it to the track and post up some numbers!! I would think that was why you installed theese parts in the first place!

Originally Posted by RanEvo
I've seen elephant walking in Manhattan....
dud, pleas show me what you have I haven't seen anything like it in this forum or the MLR forum, but I'm just human.
Surrey I can't "impress" you or everyone, anyway have a good one
Old Jun 25, 2008, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

I'm getting more detailed pictures of the beautiful head:

Old Jun 25, 2008, 04:00 PM
Former Sponsor

holy crap..tough crowd. xanax for everyone!

I think first, it should be noted that Ran is from Israel and not illiterate. Although he speaks good english, he cannot type it as well as he speaks it. So, maybe you have to be a little more patient reading something from a person of another origin but you shouldn't be ignorant that there is a language barrier. The energy you put into typing the condescending post could be used by using a little more brain energy to decipher what the sentence might mean. It's not hard, and could mean that people from other countries won't be scared into thinking they cannot post because people will ridicule them. Just my $.02

Originally Posted by scheides
Not on a IX or IX-sized turbo, c'mon, lets be real here.
to be honest, this was only our second stock turbo Evo with a head..first was Extreme Motorsports 3 years ago. I know on the Honda's we can easily pick up 60-80whp with small turbo(51mm to 61mm)..that's what I based my comment on.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 04:13 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mad_VIII
Any way, I'm still curious why your power is dropping so bad over 6,000 rpm. It drops 80 whp from 6,000 to 7,500.

Everything else aside, looks like the angle of all of the stock turbo charts I've seen
Old Jun 25, 2008, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HeadGames
holy crap..tough crowd. xanax for everyone!

I think first, it should be noted that Ran is from Israel and not illiterate. Although he speaks good english, he cannot type it as well as he speaks it. So, maybe you have to be a little more patient reading something from a person of another origin but you shouldn't be ignorant that there is a language barrier. The energy you put into typing the condescending post could be used by using a little more brain energy to decipher what the sentence might mean. It's not hard, and could mean that people from other countries won't be scared into thinking they cannot post because people will ridicule them. Just my $.02

to be honest, this was only our second stock turbo Evo with a head..first was Extreme Motorsports 3 years ago. I know on the Honda's we can easily pick up 60-80whp with small turbo(51mm to 61mm)..that's what I based my comment on.

Yeah cut the guy some slack. Hes just trying to let everyone know his experience with what hes bought and as anyone in here would be proud of his new toys.

This forum is about people sharing what works and helping each other in finding what makes the best power.

We shouldnt be so cruel to our fellow modders just because they are from another country.

Last edited by wreckless969; Jun 25, 2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

getting inside as much as possible with those pictures:

HeadGames used a Ferrea valves, but in different concept from most of the popular modified heads, in my head we retained the stock size valves, and that's for keeping the vitality, responds and quick raising boost, which sometimes you lose with oversize valves
Old Jun 25, 2008, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

now showing you the runners with this incredible porting job:

Old Jun 25, 2008, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

I really don't know how many people in the US giving good attention to degrade the aggressive camshafts they throw in, but I'm always giving those little things some attention as you will see my timing process in the following pictures:

head is instant and camshafts in, the HKS pulls can't wait any longer

I've installed instead of the crank pully the scale degree whit a pointer to reference the TDC

confirming TDC at cylinder one

confirming full lift for intake

and now doing the same for the exhaust

Quick Reply: Installed a HeadGames head: dyno tested – new records!