Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Installed a HeadGames head: dyno tested – new records!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2008, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks good. how does this compare to buschur's I wonder
Old Jun 25, 2008, 06:09 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,050 Likes on 763 Posts
Kudos for degreeing the cams while still on the car.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 10:39 PM
Evolving Member

as for the tuning of the car: I've used MoTec M800 pnp stand along

Last edited by RanEvo; Jun 25, 2008 at 11:06 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 11:14 PM
Evolving Member

I will like to introduce you the legendary MoTec tuner from the UK Fraser MacKellar, former the owner of UK MoTec (now Europe MoTec), which spending those days he's time traveling around the world and tuning MoTec. So I was lucky that Fraser came all the way to professionally tune my car.Thanks Fraser

Old Jun 26, 2008, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
what records were broken?
Old Jun 26, 2008, 07:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mcwop23
what records were broken?
2.0L Evo whit modified Evo-9 twin scrawl Turbo on pump fuel: 461WHP and 436 lbft Torque

Any 2.0L on green did it on pump fuel?

Last edited by RanEvo; Jun 26, 2008 at 07:09 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Looks like next year i will have my head done by these guys.....
Old Jun 26, 2008, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice numbers RanEvo! Despite what some of the less than patient people have posted on here I think this is a very nice build and clearly a quality piece of work from HeadGames. Thanks for sharing your experience with us and introducing me to a new possibility for head work.

For those of you that insult the original poster for his attempt to communicate with us and share his experience, maybe you should re-read the forum rules. This is a public forum, and having dealt with people from several foreign countries I can appreciate and even learn from a great deal of them if I am willing to put some effort into understanding what they are saying/typing. Maybe some of us should look at the man in the mirror before we insult others who are making a serious attempt to share there experience with us.

Just my .02

Josh
Old Jun 26, 2008, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

Awesome work.
Very nice numbers, congrats.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wreckless969
Yeah cut the guy some slack. Hes just trying to let everyone know his experience with what hes bought and as anyone in here would be proud of his new toys.

This forum is about people sharing what works and helping each other in finding what makes the best power.

We shouldnt be so cruel to our fellow modders just because they are from another country.

Thanks for your encouraging write
Old Jun 26, 2008, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jmelocik
Nice numbers RanEvo! Despite what some of the less than patient people have posted on here I think this is a very nice build and clearly a quality piece of work from HeadGames. Thanks for sharing your experience with us and introducing me to a new possibility for head work.

For those of you that insult the original poster for his attempt to communicate with us and share his experience, maybe you should re-read the forum rules. This is a public forum, and having dealt with people from several foreign countries I can appreciate and even learn from a great deal of them if I am willing to put some effort into understanding what they are saying/typing. Maybe some of us should look at the man in the mirror before we insult others who are making a serious attempt to share there experience with us.

Just my .02

Josh
Originally Posted by xiaoni420
HeadGames is where it is at, that is for sure. Head looks awesome.
Originally Posted by supersupra
Awesome work.
Very nice numbers, congrats.

Thanks guys, I'm happy that eventually people realized I'm trying to ad some values and expose you all for something new and according to my professional understanding something good! If you don't like, don't get, but surely you will like to have some impact on products?
Anyway, I've exposed to new way of ordering a highly modified cylinder head from HeadGames without the need of going to AMS or other vendor, and in this way I to customize the head to my needs and specifications, of course with the advise and help of David Localio.
that's something you couldn't do before, and now you can contact directly with HeadGames without a middle man, so you are free to customize your needs.
again, Thanks for the nice people in this incredible forum.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RanEvo

Thanks guys, I'm happy that eventually people realized I'm trying to ad some values and expose you all for something new and according to my professional understanding something good! If you don't like, don't get, but surely you will like to have some impact on products?
Anyway, I've exposed to new way of ordering a highly modified cylinder head from HeadGames without the need of going to AMS or other vendor, and in this way I to customize the head to my needs and specifications, of course with the advise and help of David Localio.
that's something you couldn't do before, and now you can contact directly with HeadGames without a middle man, so you are free to customize your needs.
again, Thanks for the nice people in this incredible forum.
Definitely, I have known of HeadGames for quite some time. They will be doing my head work when it comes time to build my motor. For now, I'm doing what I can with the stock block. You have a fine head there bud. Regardless of what people are saying, it would be hard to beat that part of your engine. Now slap a larger turbo on there and get the most out of it!
Old Jun 26, 2008, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

How do you compare the cosworth head to HeadGames head for evo???
Which one is better?
Any opinion?
Please don't count on the price you pay.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats, you have a very nice setup and that HeadGames head is damn sexy!

I've had four different sets of heads done by the good man Mr. Dave Localio of Headgames over the last two years and each and everyone just kick major a$$! I'm still puzzled and pleasantly surprised on just how much trq Dave's heads make!

I'm in the process of slapping on a head that Dave built for my EVO 8 and ironically, I'll be running the stock turbo (w/10.5 hotside) - Sean Ivey shall be tuning it, so it'll be very interesting to comparing the end results to your build.

Great Job
Old Jun 26, 2008, 01:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Some of the best looking combustion chambers i have seen offerred for a evo!

Great work

Quick Reply: Installed a HeadGames head: dyno tested – new records!