Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Installed a HeadGames head: dyno tested – new records!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2008, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by razorlab
But you also changed from a stock Ecu to a Standalone correct?
Thats what I was thinking as well.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for posting RanEvo. Hopefully we'll see some other EVOs running the HeadGames head.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 05:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tabio42
for Frasier! He tuned my brother's GT4 about a decade ago in the UK.

Are the combustion chambers in the head individually cc'd?
as for the chambers in the head , so we will ask HeadGames for that.

And, yes Fraser doing MoTec tuning from..............................back
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:33 AM
Evolving Member

So this will make significant torqe and hp increase on my IX with stock turbo and stock ecu?
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Beautifull heads you got, I know where am sending my heads when porting needs done
Old Jun 28, 2008, 07:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Any pictures with a few of the valves out?

Very nice build!
Old Jun 28, 2008, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Really nice looking head.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by HeadGames
40whp is preety easy for a head ported we have seen as much as 140whp
One hundred and forty WHP from porting the head on a 2-Litre Evo, everything else remaining the same? Sure thing!
Old Jun 28, 2008, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Originally Posted by sparky
One hundred and forty WHP from porting the head on a 2-Litre Evo, everything else remaining the same? Sure thing!
When you're too lazy to read the entire thread, it just makes you look ignorant. Also, judging by your comment and the post you quoted, you're reading comprehension needs some work as well.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks, Robert! I admit that I chose to read post #9 randomly. So, you're right. I most likely misconstrued the meaning of the words and took them out of context. Obviously, I didn't give that sentence the same interpretation that you did. I did however quote the passage verbatim. So, I am curious, what do you think that the OP meant when he wrote, ".....for a head ported we have seen as much as 140whp."?

From now on, I'll make it a point to always check with you after reading, and before posting a reply. I find it reassuring to know that you still care though. Thanks again!

Last edited by sparky; Jun 29, 2008 at 07:04 AM.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 04:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Chambers do get checked

Originally Posted by MitsuJoe
Any pictures with a few of the valves out?

Very nice build!
I think we have some floating around..or you can see it on AMS's website or a search, I have posted them before.

Originally Posted by sparky
And yes 140 is possible, and has been done..a few times actually. You must remember we do more then just street stuff. A VQ35 head we did made 138whp over stock with two tiny 49mm turbo's(540 before and 680whp with the head) and with 67mm turbos, 50psi it made 1380whp. It also went 8.30's 170+ on a drag radial. When you wrap you mind around only what your doing, sometimes it is hard to grasp what others have accomplished. So, you are correct, a stock evo with a ported head will not pick up 140, but a Evo making 900 with a stock head(hypothetically) would pick up a minimum of 100 to 140 with a ported head and a lower boost level and would carry it through the range.. It all depends on what else is done that will make the head shine.

Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it
Old Jun 29, 2008, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HeadGames
Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it
Yes, because it was not relevant to this topic nor the comments you replied to when saying it. What can be gained on a much bigger turbo or different car is not relevant to what is being claimed in this thread. That doesn't mean the head isn't awesome and can't give great gains, but it will not give anywhere close to 140 on this type of setup, and we don't know how much of the gains in this case are from the head vice the motec/boost/tune changes.

As for the record, Dynapacks are about the highest reading dynos out there. What we would need is what Petey mentioned - track results. Very few of us use Dynapacks, so there is not much, if anything, to compare to these results when claiming a record.

Those details aside, I would love to sport a HeadGames head on my current setup, especially since my head had damage in multiple areas when we installed the cams. It probably isn't helping me out much right now, but I can't complain really...
Old Jun 29, 2008, 05:12 PM
Former Sponsor

great looking numbers
Old Jun 29, 2008, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RanEvo

one factor I haven't mentioned in this: the previous run without the HeadGames head that yield 398WHP was at December which the temperature was around 52 Fahrenheit, and the run with the HeadGames head was at the end of May with temperatures of 98 Fahrenheit, from my experience only that is making around 20WHP to lose in the amazing 461 with got now! I promise to repeat a reading in December and report that

So whit HeadGames head at the Dynapack we got 461WHP and Torque is 436 lbft vs the stoke head 398 WHP and Torque was 405 lbft!
[QUOTE=Warrtalon;5832661]As for the record, Dynapacks are about the highest reading dynos out there. What we would need is what Petey mentioned - track results. Very few of us use Dynapacks, so there is not much, if anything, to compare to these results when claiming a record.

if you don't have experience with Dynapacks, pleas don't make any comment about it!, your statement like "highest reading dynos out there" are based on your own experience?, and as to your desire for a track results: that's really reflecting the change what about the weight of the car? Tires and wheels? Driver's weight and skills? etc. etc. etc. those are huge variable factors, isn't it?

Originally Posted by inneedof
great looking numbers
Thanks

Last edited by RanEvo; Jun 29, 2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My own experience? Are you serious? It's a WELL KNOWN FACT that Dynapacks read highest, because they measure at the hubs. You don't have 4 wheels and tires sapping energy. Why would you tell me not to comment on Dynapacks when it's common knowledge to everyone? They are great tuning tools, but there are very few other Evos for you to compare with on the same type of dyno, since they are so rarely used in the Evo community. Also, it is true that you'll make less power in 98* than in cooler weather, but we can all see that these numbers include SAE correction, which automatically inflates the numbers to correct for weather conditions. I don't know how much it corrected, though, because it isn't shown.

Yes, of course track results include other factors, but anyone can put down power in one gear on a dyno. It takes far more to show great results at the track that prove the level of power. That's my point.

Last edited by Warrtalon; Jun 29, 2008 at 10:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Installed a HeadGames head: dyno tested – new records!