Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Installed a HeadGames head: dyno tested – new records!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2008, 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
if you don't have experience with Dynapacks as pleas don't make any comment about it!, your statement like "highest reading dynos out there" are based on your own experience?, and as to your desire of track results: that's really reflecting the change what about the weight of the car? Tires and wheels? Driver's weight and skills? etc. etc. etc. those are huge variable factors, isn't it?

Thanks [/quote]

a dynapack reads very high. higher then a dynojet.

yes it does reflect track times. i dont care if your car weighs 6000lbs and that your a suck *** driver. if you run 20.138 before the swap and then 18.43 after the swap then clearly there is a change. or am i missing something
Old Jun 29, 2008, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice to see headgames in the evo community . They've done good work on supra heads hopefully the same applies.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evodan2004
[SIZE=3][B] a dynapack reads very high. higher then a dynojet.

what is "very high" honestly that's doesn't sound very scientific , I can explain why one is more accurate and the other is not, but unless you show me the same car at the same temperatures running on Dynapack and than on Dynojet: I could only quote you "or am i missing something"

yes it does reflect track times. i dont care if your car weighs 6000lbs and that your a suck *** driver. if you run 20.138 before the swap and then 18.43 after the swap then clearly there is a change. or am i missing something
it will reflect track times in the same conditions, including temperatures, same track etc. but if you noticed my post, I'm not building this car as a drug car, but as the ultimate street/durability car, so it doesn't really my concern on the track times. and one more, is a track times will show you the real scientific improvement of the head change? So ok after the change with the HeadGames head we will be probably faster, how much faster is a big improvement and wharf doing a HeadGames head conversion
Old Jun 29, 2008, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RanEvo
it will reflect track times in the same conditions, including temperatures, same track etc. but if you noticed my post, I'm not building this car as a drug car, but as the ultimate street/durability car, so it doesn't really my concern on the track times. and one more, is a track times will show you the real scientific improvement of the head change? So ok after the change with the HeadGames head we will be probably faster, how much faster is a big improvement and wharf doing a HeadGames head conversion
what???

im not trying to be a d!ck man. not my intention. but a dyno like everyone says is a tool. even if it reads the highest or lowest. the track is the best place to see improvements or issues. you get a slip from start to finish. they can tell a big big story. your *** dyno on the street wont tell you jack compared to what the track with timers will tell you.

i understand your a street driver and you want reliability. but beeting the crap out of the car on the street is more abusive then going to the drag strip 11 sec at a time...... so what your not a drag type guy. bring it there to learn about your gains/looses and move on to the next mod you want. then do it again. compare and learn. your guessing on the street.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, what is a street/durability car? I don't even know what that is. If you never take it to the track, then you'll never know it performs. You can't even do anything on the street. The problem is you are claiming a world record, but all you have is a dyno sheet from the highest reading dyno in the world and with no track results to prove anything. I think this head is probably awesome, and I'm glad HeadGames is "in the game" with Evos, but think a second when you say things like this:

is a track times will show you the real scientific improvement of the head change?
Does showing a dyno comparison when you changed from the stock ECU to a Motec, gained 1psi, and got a retune show real scientific improvement? We don't know the gains because of these other changes. We also don't know if the car is any good, because all you've done is hit the throttle in one gear while stationary. That's why track results mean so much more...
Old Jun 29, 2008, 11:10 PM
Evolving Member

what???

im not trying to be a d!ck man. not my intention. but a dyno like everyone says is a tool. even if it reads the highest or lowest. the track is the best place to see improvements or issues. you get a slip from start to finish. they can tell a big big story. your *** dyno on the street wont tell you jack compared to what the track with timers will tell you.

i understand your a street driver and you want reliability. but beeting the crap out of the car on the street is more abusive then going to the drag strip 11 sec at a time...... so what your not a drag type guy. bring it there to learn about your gains/looses and move on to the next mod you want. then do it again. compare and learn. your guessing on the street.

maybe I'm missing something?
Are you claiming that I haven't improved anything in my setup according to the dyno results? And my change will not take effect on the track? As a "street guy" I can tell you that the change is dramatically noticeable and especially the torque improvement is phenomenal, and for me a torque improvement is much more important from getting extra few more horses at the top end, but that's me and maybe I'm dreaming
so I'm not guessing anything on the street, I'm living the street, and with all the respect to the track (and honestly I have) the durability of your car, is not judged only by times, times important but you have other factors as well, just one of them is early nice torque
Old Jun 29, 2008, 11:17 PM
Evolved Member

Are you claiming that I haven't improved anything in my setup according to the dyno results? And my change will not take effect on the track? As a "street guy" I can tell you that the change is dramatically noticeable and especially the torque improvement is phenomenal, and for me a torque improvement is much more important from getting extra few more horses at the top end, but that's me and maybe I'm dreaming
so I'm not guessing anything on the street, I'm living the street, and with all the respect to the track (and honestly I have) the durability of your car, is not judged only by times, times important but you have other factors as well, just one of them is early nice torque
hello welcome to earth. you completely have no idea what your doing or understand what i was saying. it was very clear. god luck bud. i cant continue to try to help you as i get stressed out real easy and your driving me nuts.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 11:21 PM
Evolved Member

just because the damn dyno says you gained power 99% of the time yes you did but does not mean much. going to the track and doing before mods and after mods passing will tell a much much bigger story. and racing around on the frigen roads wont tell you jack **** because 15hp gain will feel like 50hp because your *** ant used to it. its a new feel. something you have not felt before. the track will tell you man. THE TRACK. go to the damn track if you really want to see where your gaining anything.

and beating the **** out of your car on the roads is much more abusive then a drag pass. but i dont understand why you cant figure that out.

im sure its a great head. well im positive its a great head. enjoy. i dont know what more to say. but headgames rules.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 11:25 PM
Evolving Member

hello welcome to earth. you completely have no idea what your doing or understand what i was saying. it was very clear. god luck bud. i cant continue to try to help you as i get stressed out real easy and your driving me nuts.

you are not helping me, and I am not looking for "your great help"
you are only writing in a very rude way, but I guess that's you
I'm not trying to drive you nuts, as you stated, that's probably you
Old Jun 29, 2008, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

you are not helping me, and I am not looking for "your great help"
you are only writing in a very rude way, but I guess that's you
I'm not trying to drive you nuts, as you stated, that's probably you

im not trying to be rude im trying to help you understand where and how to see the car is ACTUALLY working for you and your driving me nuts not understanding what a few people in this thread are trying to explain to you. i was trying to fix that but i guess you are thick headed and cant understand that real world results will show on the track not racing around on the streets good luck sir. you do indeed have a good company that built your head.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 11:39 PM
Evolving Member

but i guess you are thick headed and cant understand that .
yes, you are very rude person, from now on I will ignore you, I think you should improve your manners in this forum, and I hope the administrator of this forum will do something, good luck and again I apologize for note replying your posts anymore from now on as my rating for you is
Old Jun 29, 2008, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

yes, you are very rude person, from now on I will ignore you, I think you should improve your manners in this forum, and I hope the administrator of this forum will do something, good luck and again I apologize for note replying your posts anymore from now on as my rating for you is
im not bashing you man. im saying your mind is to set on something you think is the way to do things and the way others are trying to tell you is not. i guess all i can say is if you want real world factual results the street is not the place. sorry i ticked you off a bit. was not my intention. i was just getting heated trying to explain things to you.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 01:33 AM
Evolved Member

Do you have a flowdiagram of this head, like what it flowed before and after the porting????
Old Jun 30, 2008, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Everyone’s dyno reads low and everyone else’s dyno reads high...

Claiming dyno records in general is pretty silly (IMO) and I agree with most here, take it to the track, get a time and then see how you compare to the other similar setups...

I'm actually pretty fond of Dynapacks, it's a great tool and unmatched for repeatability (FYI - I've seen Dynapacks that read higher than Dynojet, some the same and others lower...) A hp gain of say 20hp will be the same 20hp gain on any dyno, regardless if the baseline is higher/lower on one brand or another... Problem with some dyno is the repeatability, I've seen differences between 5-15hp just between runs on some other dynos, while the Dynapack is VERY consistent...

What I get out of this thread is the OP has a really nice setup and the HeadGames head definitely made power... switching the ECU and 1psi increase is not going to give you those gains...