Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New FP White turbo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2008, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sparky
Thanks CO VR4 for answering most of my questions concerning the White! As usual, I should have taken the time to read the entire thread, wherein my question concerning the turbine wheel was answered by FP.

I'll send them an Email asking whether they can set it up with the Titanium JDM RS turbine wheel, which should, in cojunction with the HTA compressor, result in even better than stock spoolup.

I always had wanted a White Rabbit IX, so this should be a little better due to the HTA compressor wheel. I'll just ask FP to make mine with a titanium exhaust wheel.
Keep us informed on what they say!
Old Jun 29, 2008, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sparky
Yeah, I am just guessing. Does anyone know whether the new White turbo comes configured with the TiAl turbine wheel? I may end up getting this thing because I have never been happy with the spool characteristics of the Green and I only run pump gas. So, if I can get Warrtalon to buy my Green then I'll get a White. I just wonder whether it has the TiAl exhaust wheel. If not, then can FP configure it with the titanium turbine?

Sparky from what I gather from all this, sounds like the White was made for people like you! They want more then a stock IX turbo, but dont want to be spiking 30+psi and running high octane or fuel additives.

I'm very tempted to try this turbo, but seeing as I run E85....running pump gas psi seems like I would be better served with something more Green-ish
Old Jun 29, 2008, 08:53 AM

One thing people need to take into consideration is the fact most people running green turbos arent using them to the full capasity flow rating anyway. So whats the point of having a turbo that can flow 49 or even more lbs/min if your only flowing 40 lbs/min and loosing all the spool?

You need to look at what upgrades you will be running intercooler, intake, exhaust, ect. and figure approx how much your car can support.

Last edited by johnhwfd; Jun 29, 2008 at 09:14 AM.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 09:02 AM
EE
Evolving Member

can we have the hotside ported/coated for this turbo?? none of these options is available at fp website currently
Old Jun 29, 2008, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by EE
can we have the hotside ported/coated for this turbo?? none of these options is available at fp website currently
yes they are all available
Old Jun 29, 2008, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

OK all I need to know is stock spool, more power, bolt on, pump gas.

Check, check, check, check, check.

So - WANT. Now, where can I get one?
Old Jun 29, 2008, 10:22 AM

All I want to know is what is the max PSI can it hold till redline????

On race gass or meth?
Old Jun 29, 2008, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

race gas/meth guys - why not just get a green?
Old Jun 29, 2008, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

Cool who wants to dump there Green for a slightly smaller turbo. PM with a price.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by theshadow
race gas/meth guys - why not just get a green?
You may be right. I was told what a good turbo this was.
All i want is to hold 27 psi to redline. I dont think the evogreen can do this but was hoping the evowhite could. I was also told they are beening tested at a facility (probably BR) and they have little loss in power....I hope that means it can hold 27 to redline and dosent mean its just not as powerfull as the green.???

Last edited by johnhwfd; Jun 29, 2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
interesting
Old Jun 29, 2008, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by johnhwfd
All i want is to hold 27 psi to redline. I dont think the evogreen can do this but was hoping the evowhite could. I was also told they are beening tested at a facility (probably BR) and they have little loss in power....I hope that means it can hold 27 to redline and dosent mean its just not as powerfull as the green.???
But really...why are you so concerned with the exact number of psi it holds to 7k rpm? That measurement is way overrated. You should be more worried about how much power it actually makes, not whether it holds a certain magical number at a certain magical rpm. A White at 27psi may not even make more power than a Green at 25psi - it's not all about the the boost number...there's much more to making power than that.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The question about holding a certain PSI to redline depends on a whole lot of factors, but the question you should be asking is "where are the parameters of the efficiency island" for the turbo map you're considering.

You may be able to hold higher pressure with some turbos, but if you're over spinning the turbo to maintain the PSI, your turbo longevity will be affected. At higher RPMs, the motor can intake more air, so if the turbo is spinning at maximum safe RPM, the PSI will slowly drop as the turbo outputs the same amount of air, and the engine can take more in... That's why you see a pressure drop in the upper ranges.

If you want to hold high pressure to redline, you will need to consider a turbo that has the capacity to deliver greater mass per minute. Of course, that means you give up some of the characteristics of the smaller, more responsive turbo...
Old Jun 29, 2008, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Agreed. Should be concerned about airflow not PSI..... stock is 41LBS (airflow) the white should swing 47LBS and the green is capable of 49LBS. PSI doesn't really matter.

Considering the very little spool that Green gives up the only reason I can see going with the White is the bang for buck.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by johnhwfd

Just because it might not perform like the Green at higher pressures, does not mean its not still a good turbo. The dyno that FP posted looks GREAT, considering it was done on pump and 22psi. And it still gives guys a bit of a boost (pardon the pun) in power over a stock IX turbo, who don't want to run 27+ psi, and don't want to run race/e85/meth to do so. There are probably a lot more people out there who would be tickled pink to hit the 400 or possibly just over mark, on pump. I really don't think this will be just something people who can't afford 400$ more for a Green. Its for people who dont want to spend 400$ more on the turbo, AND run special fuel, and possibly other mods to get to a better then stock turbo performance lever. Looks like several have been ordered, and I'm sure testing will be posted as soon as the info is there. Until then, all speculation

Last edited by evoPirate; Jun 29, 2008 at 06:53 PM.

Quick Reply: New FP White turbo