Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New FP White turbo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2008, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3lbs of flow means a few more stock ecu in the 10's with stock type turbo!
Old Jun 30, 2008, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

And the white rabbit didn't use the 68HTA wheel
Old Jun 30, 2008, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

I just want to say..I LOVE EVOS. NO HOMO...lol
Old Jun 30, 2008, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by shunderwunder
No. The white rabbit turbo is not IX based.

FP also made a WR9 turbo, i know because i have one on my car...so no one but FP know how this new WHITE turbo compares to the WHITE RABBIT.
......FP? I would also like to know how this compares to the WR9
Old Jun 30, 2008, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chamama
I decided to take the plunge and get the WHITE. Will see what this one can do. My previous turbo (JDM RS/GT 071 series) had a magnesium wheel failure at 25psi and I could not wait for 4 weeks for the Green. I hope it can at least come close to the awesome spool characteristics of the Mag wheel turbo and the top end of the Green.

Time will tell...
So you've gone through 2 mag turbos? 070 and 071?
Old Jun 30, 2008, 03:44 PM

I decided to take the plunge and get the WHITE. Will see what this one can do. My previous turbo (JDM RS/GT 071 series) had a magnesium wheel failure at 25psi and I could not wait for 4 weeks for the Green. I hope it can at least come close to the awesome spool characteristics of the Mag wheel turbo and the top end of the Green.

Time will tell...

Looks like were in the same boat mine should be here tomorrow. Installed fri dyno tuned sometime next week and posted that night. I know someone running a green with almost identical mods to me plus the AEM EMS and is putting down 410 pump gas and 480 race gas c16 on a dynojet.
If I dont come close to him ill be very disapointed. I bought this because I thought it would spool faster and have the same power as the green and hold power till higher rpm. But from what I understand its not as powerfull as the green. Guess ill have to wait and see what happens.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 04:47 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by evoPirate
And the white rabbit didn't use the 68HTA wheel
Right. The White Rabbit has/had the same wheel as the Green.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AznDragonV
FP also made a WR9 turbo, i know because i have one on my car...so no one but FP know how this new WHITE turbo compares to the WHITE RABBIT.
......FP? I would also like to know how this compares to the WR9
My bad, I didn't realize there was a IX based white rabbit turbo.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by johnhwfd
Looks like were in the same boat mine should be here tomorrow. Installed fri dyno tuned sometime next week and posted that night. I know someone running a green with almost identical mods to me plus the AEM EMS and is putting down 410 pump gas and 480 race gas c16 on a dynojet.
If I dont come close to him ill be very disapointed. I bought this because I thought it would spool faster and have the same power as the green and hold power till higher rpm. But from what I understand its not as powerfull as the green. Guess ill have to wait and see what happens.
Well, hopefully things turn out good, I'm surprised you bought it without waiting for some dyno results! Tell us how it goes!
Old Jun 30, 2008, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Liqquid
Well, hopefully things turn out good, I'm surprised you bought it without waiting for some dyno results! Tell us how it goes!
I Will
I know FP is at the forefront of the turbo industry right now and have faith in their pruducts.. dont let me down...
Old Jun 30, 2008, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by johnhwfd
I Will
I know FP is at the forefront of the turbo industry right now and have faith in their pruducts.. dont let me down...
I'd have to agree, I think you'll be happy with it!
Old Jun 30, 2008, 09:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jorge T
So you've gone through 2 mag turbos? 070 and 071?
Yep! Talk about cursed mag wheels!

The first one(070) failed at 6000km, totally stock. Didn't have any clue about tuning then, so instead of upgrading turbo, went for the stock but rectified model(071). It failed again at 18000 km. So, now I am upgrading.

One thing is for sure, the Mag wheel turbo sure spools fast!

Sorry for the Off-Topic.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

I don't think you're thaaaat off topic, in fact you're a prefect representation fo the White target audience if all the assumptions about this turbo so far are true.

I'm in the same boat - EDM IX RS GT with the Mag turbo...the spool IS amazing and the car's a joy to track and autoX as well as being dead reliable on pump gas. My biggest fear with a turbo upgrade is losing that driveability yet the limitations of the RS turbo are obvious - I'm not expecting mine to last forever either

For ppl who value these characteristics the White seems like a perfect upgrade really...I thought the Green was awesome but if this thing spools like stock while making only a little less power than the green does then hellyaz I'm IN!

More power AND keeping the stock driveability for me is the Holy Grail....the big HP guys still have plenty of options. So props to FP for releasing this thing and hitting a gap in the market at a great price point.

Yep! Talk about cursed mag wheels!

The first one(070) failed at 6000km, totally stock. Didn't have any clue about tuning then, so instead of upgrading turbo, went for the stock but rectified model(071). It failed again at 18000 km. So, now I am upgrading.

One thing is for sure, the Mag wheel turbo sure spools fast!

Sorry for the Off-Topic.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Man I just can't wait for the charts so we can actually see what the "WHITE" has to offer.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 11:31 AM
Former Sponsor

putting down 410 pump gas and 480 race gas c16 on a dynojet.
If I dont come close to him ill be very disapointed.
I don't know if you are following along very well here John. This turbo, the New FP White Model, has a smaller turbine wheel than the green and a slightly smaller compressor wheel than the FP Green Model. It is not going to duplicate the results of the larger FPGreen Model - especially at higher boost pressure like the 125mph crowd likes to run.

This is a street car turbo that spools up as fast or faster than stock, improves shift recovery, and improves compressor eff over our existing 69-5 5blade wheel (no we don't anodize them blue, but that wheel does look real familiar). We sold several of our 69-5 wheels to Blouch over a year ago, and the SRT4 forums have posts by people claiming that Blouch was copying our 69-5 wheel to upgrade SRT4 turbos (also reverse rotation like EVO) with after Blouch could no longer get the wheels from us. Blouch is (the supplier of these turbos according to sigs) CBRD, so it looks like they may have found a home for those copies. If that turns out to be the case, there is little hope of the copied wheels performing any better than a white rabbit ever did, surely not as well as the New FP White Model with it's new 68HTA wheel. Even with that said, neither can deliver the high boost performance of the FPEVOGreen, clipped or not.

It would be very disappointing to learn that another EVOM authorized vendor on this board was promoting their "development" of a turbocharger that was actually a knock/copy of of a compressor wheel we created years ago. I sure hope that's not true.

BOOST ON!

Robert Young

Last edited by ForcedPerformance; Jul 1, 2008 at 01:03 PM. Reason: addition of text - clarification

Quick Reply: New FP White turbo