Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New FP White turbo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2008, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i never knew turbo revolved around the rainbow....so theres a red, green, now a white... whats next?
Old Jun 27, 2008, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so when can we start buying them???
Old Jun 27, 2008, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Nice I say we call it HTA White.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

i like it how about pricing with a core? sounds like a cheap upgrade for guys who like pump gas
Old Jun 27, 2008, 11:28 AM
Former Sponsor

They can be purchased now.

You may have it BRAND NEW with a stock or HP actuator for $1295

You may have your EVO9 turbo converted to this for $600, and you can add a HP actuator to it for $99 if you dont already have a higher pressure actuator.

So that is $1295 BRAND NEW or $600 to convert yours. We are ready to deliver either way. There are about 20 of the BRAND NEW type on hand ready to ship and we are have a dozen or so spare cover and wheel sets to do upgrades/rebuilds with.

Also, I'd like to point out that the $600 upgrade comes with complete rebuild and blueprint. This isnt just a wheel swap for $600, you get a completely overhauled and remanufactured turbo back. Personally I would not even consider swapping a wheel "blind" on one of these without doing the rebuild at the same time, too many things can go wrong.

BOOST ON!

Robert Young

Last edited by ForcedPerformance; Jun 27, 2008 at 11:29 AM. Reason: correct my horrible spelling
Old Jun 27, 2008, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

sounds awesome. my question is if it would be worth it for evo9 guys to even do? i saw the graph and it looks fantastic but would it be better to just hold out for the green because the gains might only be minimal?
Old Jun 27, 2008, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

sweet! this is great option/alternative to the green - especially for those guys doing auto-x. good power for pump gas too.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Might think about doing this...
Old Jun 27, 2008, 12:23 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Awesome info FP! When can we see some direct comparisons to a stock IX turbo?
Old Jun 27, 2008, 12:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Well i guess the word is out.. I was warned yesterday not to mention anything and today the spies published it.. LOL
Old Jun 27, 2008, 12:47 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
FP needs to lock down what they say to customers then I guess!

Someone quick call and ask about the red....
Old Jun 27, 2008, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Please confirm that this is an upgrade for the IX turbo and NOT the VIII...
Seems to be some confusion about that, the OP and others were saying saying this was for the VIII, Robert your saying the IX. I just want to be clear.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

This looks cool. Probably similar in performance to the WR9 I have.

I wish some info would come out on the "red". I am ready for a bigger turbo and I know the minute I buy one, this new one will come out and I'll kick myself.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 12:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Yes Mike, we were trying to keep the lid on this a little bit longer to get more parts ready, but we have enough parts made to get started now I suppose. Can't defeat the internet!

I could put the stock turbo back on and go dyno again next week, but the world needs another stock turbo dyno graph like I need a hole in my head.

Realistically I will probably do exactly that, dyno it directly against the stock turbo. I have tons of data on both the stock turbo and this one from the Motec. The difference in measured airflow thru the motor is about 10-12% different starting at about 5krpm on out to 8krpm (more difference the higher the RPM, duh), with the stock turbo really having no business even trying to run out past 7krpm due to the 450F+ degree air coming out of it at that point from the major overspeed condition resulting from trying to run more than 19psi at 7krpm (stock turbo).

As far as holding out for a Green, sure if that is what you are looking for nothing else does the job. This White model is almost Green compressor flow but with stock spool and shift recovery/tip-in response. The Green isn't as fast as this turbo in the area of spool. This is the ticket for autocross or short course road racing, not to mention daily street driving on low boost. Moving 10% more air without a spool sacrifice was pretty hard to do.

The only thing that was harder was getting past 60lb/min and 480whp at 27psi, but that was a much laggier combination - and a topic for another discussion.

BOOST ON!

Robert Young
Old Jun 27, 2008, 12:57 PM
EE
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by grillpt
Please confirm that this is an upgrade for the IX turbo and NOT the VIII...
Seems to be some confusion about that, the OP and others were saying saying this was for the VIII, Robert your saying the IX. I just want to be clear.
well if Roberts say it's 9 then it's 9 i guess. Very clear

Only confusion is that the graph we have is on a dynojet, whereas most power graphs on the green we can find are on a mustang dyno. It would be nice if the HTA white and green can be tested on Buschur Dyno back to back, both on pump and race gas.

From what i understand this is the same comp. wheel that was tested on the HTA green and failed to outperform the regular green. How can it have a similar perforance to the regular green when used with the stock turbine when it failed to do so when used with the regular green turbine ???

Rgds

Quick Reply: New FP White turbo