Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New FP White turbo

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2008, 11:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The White will be my choice for a daily driver. It does everything I need it to do and then some. The Green is up for sale. Indy

Last edited by Indy Evo; Jul 7, 2008 at 12:35 PM.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

As the saying goes "talk is cheap." Buy the White and run it then. Side note E-85 stations are going up daily and they are only going to become more prevalent. I for one am not gonna be the guy running the more expensive 91 octane when everyone will else is on 105 octane E-85 ( this ****s a blessing for turbos and its cheaper), because I didnt have the forward thinking to buy a turbo to take advantage of it. Imagine how high the bar will be raised once all turbo cars take advantage of E-85. This is purely my opinion; if your running 91(no meth) octane in a small displacement engine in 3 years, prepare to have your **** pushed in on the street and track.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jroller
As the saying goes "talk is cheap." Buy the White and run it then. Side note E-85 stations are going up daily and they are only going to become more prevalent. I for one am not gonna be the guy running the more expensive 91 octane when everyone will else is on 105 octane E-85 ( this ****s a blessing for turbos and its cheaper), because I didnt have the forward thinking to buy a turbo to take advantage of it. Imagine how high the bar will be raised once all turbo cars take advantage of E-85. This is purely my opinion; if your running 91(no meth) octane in a small displacement engine in 3 years, prepare to have your **** pushed in on the street and track.
That's interesting conceptual thinking, and bona-fide "big turbo" guy talk, but on the flipside, there are only three E85 stations in my entire state. It's been this way for almost two years. Buying a daily driven turbo for a fuel supply that may never come is stupid. "Talk is cheap"? Did you miss several pages of technical data that Tom and other provided? Sorry but honestly the cheapest talk in here is yours.
This is your second time posting on this thread using "run with the big boys" rhetoric on why this turbo isn't for you. If you have established that for yourself, why bother, unless you are going to share some technical explanation on why you don't think this turbo is right for anyone else as well?

Last edited by hokiruu; Jul 7, 2008 at 12:55 PM.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 12:41 PM

white

This is a great idea, from a cost effective standpoint but i will choose the green over the white.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Indy Evo
The White will be my choice for a daily driver. It does everything I need it to do and then some. The Green is up for sale. Indy
Dibs
Old Jul 7, 2008, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Indy Evo
you must be one of those people that has to have new things for no other reason than just getting something new. the green spools so fast, that you will not even notice the white being any faster, and you will notice the loss of top end. seems like a silly thing to do. the green has retardedly good spool, and your going to get rid of it, for a 200(or however much faster it is) rpm, and lose 20 hp(of whatever the exact #'s are) WORTHLESS.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I installed the white this weekend and it is all FP says it is. It spools almost as fast as the 1571(9gt mag turbo) but does not putter out up top.
It does have a bit more of audible surge at spool @ 3.2k rpm (if I start at 2500 in third), but it may be caused by the high psi actuator and the low wdc I have to run with a 63 pill (drilled to 61 and surge sound is less).
Definately well worth it for my mods 3"tb, 264/272 cams, AMS IC, ported ex manifold and SS 02, the rest is stock.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jorge T
I installed the white this weekend and it is all FP says it is. It spools almost as fast as the 1571(9gt mag turbo) but does not putter out up top.
It does have a bit more of audible surge at spool @ 3.2k rpm (if I start at 2500 in third), but it may be caused by the high psi actuator and the low wdc I have to run with a 63 pill (drilled to 61 and surge sound is less).
Definately well worth it for my mods 3"tb, 264/272 cams, AMS IC, ported ex manifold and SS 02, the rest is stock.
Did you get it tuned?
Old Jul 7, 2008, 01:44 PM
JKD
Evolving Member

Dang, I've read this entire thread lol

Lots of good info!
Old Jul 7, 2008, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TKEVO
Did you get it tuned?
Absolutely
Old Jul 7, 2008, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Absolutely
What were your numbers like?
Old Jul 7, 2008, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

Can you share some details please?
What psi are you running?
Stock injectors?
Did you use the mag turbo before?

Thanks.
p.s. sorry if i am too inquisitive..I have similar setups..so wanted to know

Last edited by Chamama; Jul 7, 2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Chamama
Can you share some details please?
What psi are you running?
Stock injectors?
Did you use the mag turbo before?

Thanks.
^^^Yea what he said. What were your mods and stats?
Old Jul 7, 2008, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TKEVO
^^^Yea what he said. What were your mods and stats?
yeah, what they said ^^^^
Old Jul 7, 2008, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

OMG....*****This just in, Sorry to burst FP Whites bubble but the FP RED IS HEREhttp https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...&postcount=187

Quick Reply: New FP White turbo