Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New FP White turbo

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2008, 05:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess nobody noticed, but there is volumetric flow corrected to Mitsu std on there, plug it in to the EVO8 and 9 comp maps. The 8 maps actually go out farther than the 9 ones.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GrocMax
That is COMPRESSOR inlet, not IAT. 56C vs 33C at point of cursor, and more delta than that earlier.

Hot day.
Thanks for clarifying, I was confused there for a sec !
Old Jul 8, 2008, 05:21 AM
Evolving Member

Compressor inlet temp sensor is located at the mass flow sensor so volume flow conversions can be made with reasonable accuracy, and temp isn't going to change much in the inlet tube if at all at higher flow rates.

Someone was making a good observation earlier about the difference between mass flow and volumetric flow and that log should illustrate the differences.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 1NastyMR
How much does this new Red flow? It put down 530 but at 38lbs... that much boost obviously would require a fully built car... i dont see the red making good power on stock motor cars/ lower boost levels say 28-30 psi ??
Here was the mods on the evo that tested the red:

BR 2 liter
BR Stage 3 head (stock sized valves)
AEM EMS
BR double pumper
PTE 1200 cc injectors (running at only 62%)
Forced Performance Red
9sec9 ported exhaust manifold
Indy V3 intake manifold
BR 65 mm throttle body
BR COP ignition
BR Race FMIC
BR upper i/c pipe (custom face inlet)
9sec9 lower i/c pipe
Manual boost controller
BR 3" vband turbo back
SS 02 housing
Indy air box
Indy radiator
BR electric water pump
Tilton twin carbon clutch
BR lightweight front center member
BR mustache bar
Volk CE28n wheels
Hoosier QTP DOT tires
Wilwood front and rear brake kit
Old Jul 8, 2008, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Jeez this thread has become so long I cant really go back through.....but has anyone mentioned the possibilities of the white on a stroker? Jag? What's that?? Lol
Old Jul 8, 2008, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoPirate
Jeez this thread has become so long I cant really go back through.....but has anyone mentioned the possibilities of the white on a stroker? Jag? What's that?? Lol
That would be interesting but I think someon with a stroker wouldn't be looking into this turbo.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
JRoller, please... I KNOW about all those stations and not all are available for public use! Trust me, I already have special parts sitting right here for an E85 conversion.
Back on topic:
TKEVO, how do you figure the Red is bursting anyone's White bubbles? It's a different turbo and its intended use is different than the White. I don't think one is taking away from the other, and obviously neither does FP, or they wouldn't be releasing both at once.
Regarding the White on a stroker, it would definitely spool extremely early/fast, but I think it would run out up top. If people say this happens on a 2.3/Green, deductive reasoning suggests the White wouldn't be any better on a 2.3.

Last edited by hokiruu; Jul 8, 2008 at 07:28 AM.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoPirate
I think the White would get killed by a stroker - couldn't handle it up top - especially at our altitude.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Possibly, I think this would be a killer combo, neck snapping instant torque. I would entertain that thought if I could find a good deal a stroker kit or a 4G64 block
Old Jul 8, 2008, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

Warr - you make a good point with our thin air and such. Still would be neat to see 1!
Old Jul 8, 2008, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hokiruu
JRoller, please... I KNOW about all those stations and not all are available for public use! Trust me, I already have special parts sitting right here for an E85 conversion.
Back on topic:
TKEVO, how do you figure the Red is bursting anyone's White bubbles? It's a different turbo and its intended use is different than the White. I don't think one is taking away from the other, and obviously neither does FP, or they wouldn't be releasing both at once.
Regarding the White on a stroker, it would definitely spool extremely early/fast, but I think it would run out up top. If people say this happens on a 2.3/Green, deductive reasoning suggests the White wouldn't be any better on a 2.3.
I was busting it's bubble instead of starting another thread but putting it up on this thread for the white. I completly cut and changed the convo but they are back on the white now so no problem
Old Jul 8, 2008, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

My favorite car to daily drive is a 2.3L with a 16G sized turbo. Its like driving a 454 69 Camaro, tap the gas and it goes, shift when it noses over.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

TKEVO I know you have been debating, but now that the Green is the "middle of the road" stock frame, bolt-on turbo choice from FP, it's probably your safest bet.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hokiruu
TKEVO I know you have been debating, but now that the Green is the "middle of the road" stock frame, bolt-on turbo choice from FP, it's probably your safest bet.
Yea I've already made that decision. I'm already in the works of purchasing one now.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GrocMax
My favorite car to daily drive is a 2.3L with a 16G sized turbo. Its like driving a 454 69 Camaro, tap the gas and it goes, shift when it noses over.
Sorry to go a bit OT, but since you seem to have some personal experience with this, I need to ask:
I have been curious... with a 2.3L and a smaller stock frame turbo that is going to be in boost a lot of the time, would your gas mileage suffer (of course besides the strong temptation to punch it frequently) even if you are driving it very gently, since the turbo spools at such a low rpm?

Quick Reply: New FP White turbo