Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New FP White turbo

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2008, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea. I would. You would probaly be straight with the stock rail but if you can, do it all. (injectors, pump & rail)
Old Jul 9, 2008, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
cant wait for more results to come out in the open. what i'm considering is the white with GSC S2's, possible cam gear and upgraded intercooler. in which case i might get an intake system as well. my question is will the S2's help out in the midrange as well as top as it seems to do with the stock 9 turbo?
Old Jul 9, 2008, 06:45 AM

Just got a FP White installed in my 8 last night. Big difference in power compared to the stocker I had in he car. Very interesting power band - reminds me very much of the 20G I had on my 1G back in the day. Strong low/mid and it seems to taper off a little at around 7K. I'm assuming that there's still some tuning to do, and I still need to replace the stock lower ic pipe - sure those things are hurting me a lot. Nevertheless, I'm happy with the investment. My wife has shown great interest in autocrossing (this is her car), so this turbo seems perfect for that.

On another note, I did drive the shop owners Evo 6 with the same FP White on it. Lots of little tricks on the car, and he's confident it will go low low 11's just the way it sat yesterday (the Evo6 is his wife's daily driver). With a six speed tranny, quarter master twin, autronic ecu, stock Evo6 injectors (don't question me on that) the car pulled unbelieveably hard. The White actually caught me off gaurd a little with some torque steer when I punched it in second from a roll. Again, same power band characteristics, very hard low/mid, and it seems to taper off just a little high up. But at 26PSI in this car, it pulled strongly to around 8K. Very quick street car indeed.

So ja, money well spent.

Last edited by SAfrican; Jul 9, 2008 at 06:48 AM.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the update. Good to hear how the white is doing out there.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vmrevo9
cant wait for more results to come out in the open. what i'm considering is the white with GSC S2's, possible cam gear and upgraded intercooler. in which case i might get an intake system as well. my question is will the S2's help out in the midrange as well as top as it seems to do with the stock 9 turbo?
Yea if you do intercooler, I would do intake. You have the full exhaust already and O2?
Old Jul 9, 2008, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Ditto on what TK said, no need to upgrade the stock fuel rail at all for anything less then a monster track car. I'm running the stock rail with 1000cc injectors e85 and stock ecu (tuned by tobz) and I have zero issues and am only at like 63% duty cycle
Old Jul 9, 2008, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

^^^agreed
Old Jul 9, 2008, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GrocMax
The factories never show you the far right side where all the RPM lines are basically vertical and near the same flow rate, operating in this area they consider 'not normal' but we all do it. But if you look at the data on the 1580 I posted this 'wall' becomes very clear- it WON'T do any more. Its done. Every compressor/cover combo has this.
Many turbo mfrs define choke as the mass flow corresponding to 65% efficiency, although there are a few maps out there that have 60% as the last island.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TKEVO
Yea if you do intercooler, I would do intake. You have the full exhaust already and O2?
i have the full exhaust but no O2 housing. i was leaving that for the turbo upgade.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SAfrican
Just got a FP White installed in my 8 last night. Big difference in power compared to the stocker I had in he car. Very interesting power band - reminds me very much of the 20G I had on my 1G back in the day. Strong low/mid and it seems to taper off a little at around 7K. I'm assuming that there's still some tuning to do, and I still need to replace the stock lower ic pipe - sure those things are hurting me a lot. Nevertheless, I'm happy with the investment. My wife has shown great interest in autocrossing (this is her car), so this turbo seems perfect for that.

On another note, I did drive the shop owners Evo 6 with the same FP White on it. Lots of little tricks on the car, and he's confident it will go low low 11's just the way it sat yesterday (the Evo6 is his wife's daily driver). With a six speed tranny, quarter master twin, autronic ecu, stock Evo6 injectors (don't question me on that) the car pulled unbelieveably hard. The White actually caught me off gaurd a little with some torque steer when I punched it in second from a roll. Again, same power band characteristics, very hard low/mid, and it seems to taper off just a little high up. But at 26PSI in this car, it pulled strongly to around 8K. Very quick street car indeed.

So ja, money well spent.
Are you going to put it on the dyno?
Old Jul 9, 2008, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vmrevo9
i have the full exhaust but no O2 housing. i was leaving that for the turbo upgade.
Ai8. Yea an Invidia, buschur ported and coated (or anything in that nature) so with that route but I guess you already had that in mind so I didn't just tell you something new....
Old Jul 9, 2008, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PsychDr. HN$
Are you going to put it on the dyno?
I would hope so
Old Jul 10, 2008, 07:45 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
I have a Evo 9 going on the dyno this thursday with a FPwhite on it. Before it had a stock 9 turbo. I will have before/after overlays for the curious.
It's Thursday
Old Jul 10, 2008, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

^^^:d :d :d
Old Jul 10, 2008, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

I can't wait i hope he was serious about this. I really want to see how this white performs next to a 9 turbo on a evo with just bolt ons.

Quick Reply: New FP White turbo