Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New FP White turbo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by johnhwfd
ordered one should be getting it tuesday..

Now from what I was told it will flow 47 psi but it seemed like he didnt want to give me anymore info he just sort or said "you will like it"..????????

I was also told that they wanted to blow away the green with this turbo but it didnt blow it away but was better????
Same thing he told me. It will flow 47 instead of 44. If they are saying they want to blow away the green with this one, I'm just waiting for the numbers then. I could save $ but I guess we will see but man....IDK bout out performing the green. Just seems....from the facts that we know, it wouldn't besides spool.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

No one really blew the "hush hush" on the turbo a day before they released it. I bet if someone else would have called FP and they told them about a new turbo coming out, they would have started asking ?'s and splattered it up here also.

To me breaking the "hush hush" will put the word out their and bring in more buisness for a new product.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The stock IX turbo flow's 41 lbs/min and the Green flows 49 lbs/min If the White flows 10% more then the stock IX turbo as stated on FP's site that puts the White turbo in the 45 lbs/min range.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
The stock IX turbo flow's 41 lbs/min and the Green flows 49 lbs/min If the White flows 10% more then the stock IX turbo as stated on FP's site that puts the White turbo in the 45 lbs/min range.
Just going off of what they told me directly. At this point, I just can't see it outperforming the green but S**t who f'n knows. I guess we will when they put the stats out.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

what kind of turbo do you represent? can you out spooled stock turbo too?

Last edited by fugiwara; Jun 28, 2008 at 10:33 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fugiwara

what kind of turbo do you represent? can you out spooled stock turbo too?
Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Even tho I can't see the pic at the moment
Old Jun 29, 2008, 01:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 9sec9
From what I hear, the White HTA should be one sweet turbo. The autox'ers and dd's should love it. Quick spool up with better than expected flow and the price is right.

9sec9,

It would be nice to see someone tackle it with the determination how you did with the Green...awesome.

Good luck with your further endeavours, I'm always interested reading how you guy's are fairing.

Cheers Steve
Old Jun 29, 2008, 03:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sparky
Wouldn't the fastest spool and transient response available in a journal bearinged IX turbo belong to the factory Mitsu JDM IX RS turbo which features a low mass, low inertia, magnesium comp wheel, as well as a TiAl turbine wheel?
You tell me
Old Jun 29, 2008, 04:39 AM
Evolved Member

The way I understood Robert's comments is this is a pump gas turbo while the Green is for those that want to stock like turbo, but use high boost and meth or race gas. So for those of you that are worried about what it will run on meth/race why not just get a green like he said?

Also, I like that it can hold solid power all the way to 8500 RPM.

What other mods where on this Evo from the dyno plot? I assume he had his motec and some cams?
Old Jun 29, 2008, 06:19 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Pssst...new leak from FP!!!

Almost here! Biggest bolt-on turbo upgrade yet!!!

Still in development though, as it's a little laggy...

Old Jun 29, 2008, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TKEVO
You tell me
Yeah, I am just guessing. Does anyone know whether the new White turbo comes configured with the TiAl turbine wheel? I may end up getting this thing because I have never been happy with the spool characteristics of the Green and I only run pump gas. So, if I can get Warrtalon to buy my Green then I'll get a White. I just wonder whether it has the TiAl exhaust wheel. If not, then can FP configure it with the titanium turbine?

Last edited by sparky; Jun 29, 2008 at 07:01 AM.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 07:09 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by sparky
Yeah, I am just guessing. Does anyone know whether the new White turbo comes configured with the TiAl turbine wheel? I may end up getting this thing because I have never been happy with the spool characteristics of the Green and I only run pump gas. So, if I can get Warrtalon to buy my Green then I'll get a White. I just wonder whether it has the TiAl exhaust wheel. If not, then can FP configure it with the titanium turbine?
You should just pick up a used white rabbit. It will save you a lot of money and give you pretty much the same performance. I have a WR and there is nothing about the information given in this thread to date to indicate that it will outperform a WR.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Parts of the FP previous post answers the questions you folks keep asking:

Originally Posted by ForcedPerformance
this turbo is less costly to build than the Green due to less machine work and retaining the stock turbine wheel. I like the stock turbine wheel in low boost apps since you dont build a terrible level of turbine pressure with the TD05H when keeping boost under 25psi, PLUS you get stock EVO9 turbo spool. The spool up curves of the stock turbo and this one lie pretty much directly on top of one another.

[/b]This is the 68HTA wheel that didnt outperform (outpower to be more specific) the 69-5 when tested with the larger turbine wheel[/b]. For the sake of being thorough, we ran it in the TD05H configuration and got surprised. Drastic improvement in compressor eff when mass flow got beyond 40lb/min and much more mass flow when driven out to it's max shaft speed of 165k compared to the stock EVO9 16g6 compressor.

Boost ON!

Robert Young
The 68HTA wheel which comes in the White produced 47 lbs/minute of airflow coupled with the Green turbine wheel, so we know that it is capable of producing that level, depending on the speed at which it is driven. Assuming the stock turbine wheel will drive it at the same speeds, it should produce 47 lbs/minute. That's substantially more than the stock compressor wheel, and the 68HTA compressor wheel also produces it more efficiently, which should mean lower air temperatures coming out of the turbo, less cooling needed by the intercooler, and more mass into the engine. All that with stock or better than stock spool up, as the HTA wheel may be lighter and more aero to drive than the stock compressor wheel as well. In the dyno testing posted by Buschur, the HTA wheel (driven by the Green turbine wheel) produced a peak of 40+ HP more than the stock turbo it was tested against (on the low reading Mustang dyno), and beat it throughout the midrange.

The Green has an upgraded turbine wheel as well as an upgraded compressor wheel. That combination of both turbine and compressor wheel was shown to produce at least 49 lbs/minute, which is why the 68 size HTA was not substituted into the Green -- the existing Green combination flowed 2 lbs more air. FP mentioned in their post at that time that some very interesting data had been developed coupling the HTA wheel with the stock turbine wheel and this White is probably the new product which resulted from that development...
Old Jun 29, 2008, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks CO VR4 for answering most of my questions concerning the White! As usual, I should have taken the time to read the entire thread, wherein my question concerning the turbine wheel was answered by FP.

I'll send them an Email asking whether they can set it up with the Titanium JDM RS turbine wheel, which should, in cojunction with the HTA compressor, result in even better than stock spoolup.

I always had wanted a White Rabbit IX, so this should be a little better due to the HTA compressor wheel. I'll just ask FP to make mine with a titanium exhaust wheel.

Quick Reply: New FP White turbo