Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Results from Precision 6265 Turbo on Evo IX!!! 469whp on Pump!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2008, 11:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 90GSXDan
How about some vids on the street? Some passes or maybe even vid on the dyno. I thought this was supposed to go against the HTA35r.... why so long in spool???

Thanks!
Dan

PS Congrats on the good numbers!!!!
Ok I had a feeling this car being one of the 1st ever tested was not going to be a good comparison.. Everyone is going to compare this 1 car against 100's with HTA and different setups which is not a fair comparison.. Ill explain again..

STOCK MOTOR
STOCK ECU
STOCK CAMS
PUMP GAS
.82AR REAR HOUSING
95+ DEGREES AIR TEMP
Old Jun 28, 2008, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those are some pretty healthy numbers considering it's on stock cams...easy 50-75 more whp if it had some cams.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Jestr FTW
Old Jun 28, 2008, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Im not comparing it to any of the FASTEST SPOOLING HTA's, but even an HTA on a stock motor stock cammed stock ecu can get full boost by 5100.... 5700 seems a bit late, but Im still thinking of getting it with the ETS kit... Like I said, Congrats on the numbers!
Old Jun 28, 2008, 11:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 90GSXDan
Im not comparing it to any of the FASTEST SPOOLING HTA's, but even an HTA on a stock motor stock cammed stock ecu can get full boost by 5100.... 5700 seems a bit late, but Im still thinking of getting it with the ETS kit... Like I said, Congrats on the numbers!
I said 5500 give or take a couple hundred rpm so it could be 5300 and considering its also .82ar.. If someone else has this exact setup on a 35r hta then we could "try to" compare but unless its exactly the same you cant do a direct comparison.. not to mention what is full boost on one car to the next.. this car is 25psi.. if it was tuned to 20psi i could say pull boost 5000rpm etc..

APPLES to APPLES would be taking a 35r hta and switching it out on the same day on the same car on the same turbo kit w/ the same tuner.. Take the info for what it is.. if i put a .63a/r on this car ill guarantee i can get it to spool right at 5000rpm or better 25psi..
Old Jun 28, 2008, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

yea thats kind late spool, My gt35 82. stock cams on evo 8 hits full boost 28psi around 4800rpms...nice powe it make so i guess the 6262 will be little better in spool??
Old Jun 28, 2008, 12:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dsm25psi
yea thats kind late spool, My gt35 82. stock cams on evo 8 hits full boost 28psi around 4800rpms...nice powe it make so i guess the 6262 will be little better in spool??
Yes the 6262 will spool better but will not make the same peak power..
Old Jun 28, 2008, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

i would like to see 6262 vs reg gt35 turbo
Old Jun 28, 2008, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dsm25psi
i would like to see 6262 vs reg gt35 turbo
Thanks for the info Mike.....i posted in my thread as i didn't see this first.

65 wheel and .82 = slower spool of course.

We may be doing a comparison of a reg 35r to 6262 on my car in the next few weeks if we get a turbo in......i'm still on the fence and i want to see what this reg 35r can do w/ my new mods.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 12:19 PM
DTM
Account Disabled

Is this on a dynojet? The results look mediocre. Not very impressed with the gains vs something like a 35r or even a T61. Regardless of the spool time, you could have went with a 63 AR and not had everyone "compare". Then it would have been apples to apples.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 12:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DTM
Is this on a dynojet? The results look mediocre. Not very impressed with the gains vs something like a 35r or even a T61. Regardless of the spool time, you could have went with a 63 AR and not had everyone "compare". Then it would have been apples to apples.
Thank Nick for the response but unfortunately its not my car its a customer who wanted a .82 rear housing so before you mention what would be obvious had it been MY car maybe ask... Would you care to list a dyno chart for us to compare apples to apples since you stated the results are mediocre?? Im doing what i can here with what i have to work with..

yes its a dynojet and YES its accurate and dont forget the Air temps before you mention inflation.. Thanks!!

Last edited by AWD Motorsports; Jun 28, 2008 at 12:24 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 12:27 PM
DTM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Thank Nick for the response but unfortunately its not my car its a customer who wanted a .82 rear housing.. Would you care to list a dyno chart for us to compare apples to apples since you stated the results are mediocre?? Im doing what i can here with what i have to work with..

yes its a dynojet and YES its accurate and dont forget the Air temps before you mention inflation.. Thanks!!

Mike,
Your not understanding what I'm saying. Its not a diss on you at all. A comparison of two SETUPS is what they are asking for. Not housings. Maybe the comparison with a a standard 35r or HTA with WHATEVER housing will make thee results shine or quiver. We don't know because there isn't a graph saying such.
For your part you seem to do a very good job. Keep it up.

Now as far as the Dynojet comment is concerned, its quite simple. The numbers are just that. Are they corrected? Are they not? Regardless of temp we can still compare. Granted the "numbers" will be different because of air density, but that doesn't mean that on other dyno's it won't do the same.
For example on our Mustang dyno those numbers equate to about 395 WHP. Thats mediocre and inline with UNHYPED 35R's and T61 style turbo's.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

this is kinda laggy espically with stock cams. u put any kind of real cams in there and u will be seeing full boost at 6000rpms. the power is there, but if u ask me, this turbo acts more like a 37r then a 35r.

what does it flow?

and by me saying this, is not a dis to anyone. just want to put that out there.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 12:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DTM
Mike,
Your not understanding what I'm saying. Its not a diss on you at all. A comparison of two SETUPS is what they are asking for. Not housings. Maybe the comparison with a a standard 35r or HTA with WHATEVER housing will make thee results shine or quiver. We don't know because there isn't a graph saying such.
For your part you seem to do a very good job. Keep it up.

Now as far as the Dynojet comment is concerned, its quite simple. The numbers are just that. Are they corrected? Are they not? Regardless of temp we can still compare. Granted the "numbers" will be different because of air density, but that doesn't mean that on other dyno's it won't do the same.
For example on our Mustang dyno those numbers equate to about 395 WHP. Thats mediocre and inline with UNHYPED 35R's and T61 style turbo's.

I realize what you asked Nick but should i just not post anything because i cant post right now what they want to see.. Unfortunately this is the 1st local customer that i sold a turbo to that i could actually get some feedback with.. I am satisfied with the results and the customer is ecstatic actually. Considering i ordered him a hta 10 weeks ago and it still hasnt come.. This turbo is priced right and IMO the results are not mediocre by any means.. Thats my opinion..

Im not going to get into the dyno debate with you.. im glad you have a formula figured out based on Dynojet #'s.. with that calculation my car would run 9.5 on less than 600whp.. Thats makes me feel good!!!
Old Jun 28, 2008, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

I think the numbers are pretty impressive considering stock ECU, head, cams, etc. I am kinda surprised someone bought this turbo before even upgrading thier cams though.

Quick Reply: Results from Precision 6265 Turbo on Evo IX!!! 469whp on Pump!!