Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Got about 300$ what should next mod be?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2008, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mulholland0132
Wow...Im glad I didn't let evom decide my mod path.....I have 20g's what should I do next....Their is sooooooo much good info on this site if you just search a little. Countless threads of people just starting out and what mod path to take.

And you started the thread so telling people to stay out or they were sexually assaulted by their parents is super cool btw.
when people make unnecessary comments I do yes.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

I wasn't being a jerk but you have to realize where most people are coming from.

For starters you don't have where your located in your aviator so people can't offer a shop near you to help you out....or they might even live in your area for that matter.

Second there are sooooooo many newbie's on this forum now that the evo is getting cheaper for 2003-2004 (Not you since you said you have a ix) but the questions and threads people are starting lately are all old news. I just think if people searched and read the 100's of previous threads on the subjects they would not have negative comments thrown at them.

I was on this board for six months before I really started posting. All I ever did back than was read so I would never ask silly questions and frankly I just wanted to be educated about the $30,000 dollar car in my garage.

Just my 2 cents.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Mulholland0132
I wasn't being a jerk but you have to realize where most people are coming from.

For starters you don't have where your located in your aviator so people can't offer a shop near you to help you out....or they might even live in your area for that matter.

Second there are sooooooo many newbie's on this forum now that the evo is getting cheaper for 2003-2004 (Not you since you said you have a ix) but the questions and threads people are starting lately are all old news. I just think if people searched and read the 100's of previous threads on the subjects they would not have negative comments thrown at them.

I was on this board for six months before I really started posting. All I ever did back than was read so I would never ask silly questions and frankly I just wanted to be educated about the $30,000 dollar car in my garage.

Just my 2 cents.
exactly

Originally Posted by Methodical4u
when people make unnecessary comments I do yes.
well this was an unnecessary thread to begin with..............
Old Jul 1, 2008, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

yeah, I am... which MBC should I check out?
I like the Hallman Pro but they are all pretty much the same. Forge makes a good one too.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SPANKED
So no need upgrading the fuel pump on a IX if you are staying under 350 right?
For the added peace of mind and upgrade-ability, its worth the $90.

-Chris
Old Jul 1, 2008, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo_what
For the added peace of mind and upgrade-ability, its worth the $90.

-Chris
You guys with this extra insurance comment always crack me up. No it is not extra insurance. At a little over 370whp I have just maxed mine out. You can easily tell in a tune if you need a larger pump. All of you who are basic bolt ons and have a pump wasted $100 and other members money with your recommendations. This has been tested before by AMS and proven by members like myself.

To the OP just get a MBC, Tactrix cable and a tune.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

i would say deff a tune, the only thing is unless you have a wideband and cable, thats at least 300 right there. It is well worth it though, or you can look for a tuner who can provide tuning services without the need for a wideband but you will not get as much out of it.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RevMoto
You guys with this extra insurance comment always crack me up. No it is not extra insurance. At a little over 370whp I have just maxed mine out. You can easily tell in a tune if you need a larger pump. All of you who are basic bolt ons and have a pump wasted $100 and other members money with your recommendations. This has been tested before by AMS and proven by members like myself.

I'm not saying he absolutely NEEDS it right now, but for down the road he might. I agree that its not needed for minor bolt-ons, but for so little money I still think its worth it.

-Chris
Old Jul 1, 2008, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RevMoto

So ya just maxed out your pump and guess what, you need bigger one. If you had gotton one earlier you wouldn't be in this predicament. Just kiddin man. I think its just a cheap mod that people will most likely need in the future so why not get it early. Then you won't have to worry bout it later. That's what I did. I mean, what else are you gonna get with a hundred bucks? Maybe a MBC? 2 tanks of gas? Take your girl out for a nice dinner? I don't think its a waste. A waste of money is buying an inaccurate Defi boost gauge for $200 cuz it looks really cool when you could get a more accurate Autometer for $60. Or dropping over a hundred for a turbo timer. Waste! What about people who are pushin 325whp but are getting new FMIC and piping plus injectors. Do they need them? No. Will they if they do a 30R upgrade? You bet. I'm sure you don't need a pump with basic bolt-ons but have you noticed that AMS includes it in their base power package?
Old Jul 1, 2008, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

yeah, I am... which MBC should I check out?
Hallman Pro
Old Jul 1, 2008, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hikaru
So ya just maxed out your pump and guess what, you need bigger one. If you had gotton one earlier you wouldn't be in this predicament. Just kiddin man. I think its just a cheap mod that people will most likely need in the future so why not get it early. Then you won't have to worry bout it later. That's what I did. I mean, what else are you gonna get with a hundred bucks? Maybe a MBC? 2 tanks of gas? Take your girl out for a nice dinner? I don't think its a waste. A waste of money is buying an inaccurate Defi boost gauge for $200 cuz it looks really cool when you could get a more accurate Autometer for $60. Or dropping over a hundred for a turbo timer. Waste! What about people who are pushin 325whp but are getting new FMIC and piping plus injectors. Do they need them? No. Will they if they do a 30R upgrade? You bet. I'm sure you don't need a pump with basic bolt-ons but have you noticed that AMS includes it in their base power package?
+1
Old Jul 1, 2008, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Hikaru
how do you figure, i have defi BF's and there dead accurate with my JDM map

my autometer on my wrx is off by about 2psi
Old Jul 2, 2008, 01:33 AM
Account Disabled

MBC, Fuel pump, and a tune. If you want save up more and go for the Greddy Profect B boost controller its worth it in my opinion
Old Jul 2, 2008, 06:19 AM
Account Disabled

I sent you an e-mail Methodical4u
Old Jul 2, 2008, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Exactly

Originally Posted by justboosted02
gas + driver mod
^+1 Best bang for your buck, do a few track days as in HPDE. And no I'm not dissin you man.

Quick Reply: Got about 300$ what should next mod be?