Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Another pump gas beast hits the streets of Ohio

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2008, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MO EVO 8- PM me I have some info for you if you want.

Thanks to Everyone!
Old Jul 3, 2008, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

GREAT results

What intake manifold is on the car right now? Stock or ported BR? It doesn't say anything other than it is going to have the Indy V2 soon..

thanks
Old Jul 3, 2008, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

Its on the Ported stocker with a 65mm throttle body.

It was supposed to have the Driven with the 3" tb, but due to some confusion and a slight mix-up, a ported stocker was accidentally put on, so instead of tearing it apart again, we have a V2 on the way and it is going to get installed sometime soon along with the race gas tune and the read mustache bar.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was there when it took it's first breath. In no time David had it walkin and talkin. Sounds really nice. Hope you enjoy and respect it's power. Be safe and enjoy it.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Thank You so much Tom!

Also, have fun with your beast with all of its new toys! And have a safe trip home! Cant wait till we all get to be together again! Shootout right?
Old Jul 3, 2008, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats on the new power man! You made a good choice and did the right thing and all the money you spent will be 110% worth it.

When do we get to see some pics? Post them up

Makes me want a 500+ whp pump gas monster haha.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 06:22 PM
Former Sponsor

damn
Old Jul 3, 2008, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Pics will be up next Wednesday night or Thursday! I dont have a day off work that I can make it up until then! Sucks, I have to sit here until then thinking about it! I cant wait to get used to it and head to the track with everyone!
Old Jul 3, 2008, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Nice.

Your parts list is nearly identical to what I want to go with.

I had my SMC installed by BR about 1.5 years ago, and boy have things changed with the power achieved on pump gas.

Like you said I guess it can't hurt to have the meth kit on the car and running; it will at least give you some piece of mind if you get some crappy Valero gas .
Old Jul 3, 2008, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

I know what you mean!

The car will be on a strict diet of Shell 93! Only other thing I will even consider is BP and Sunoco!
Old Jul 3, 2008, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks for all the great words Brian, you are very welcome, as I said, thanks for letting us build the car.

The SMC alky is excellent, it is the only kit we use/sell or install. Anyone that wants to stop by and make 560 whp on our dyno with any other alky kit just call and make an appointment.

511 whp on a dynojet is a far cry from 560 whp on our dyno, just for a comparison since the plug was put in there for the 511.......

As soon as I get another V2 in I'll get your car back in here Brian, I'm pretty sure you will have one of the highest pump gas EVO's to date when the intake goes on.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Speaking of mix ups, since I screwed up and didn't put the DI intake on with the 3" throttle body we had for celica2evo, I have one left over, anyone interested in a super sweet low price deal on one? PM me.

Sorry for the for sale plug Brian
Old Jul 3, 2008, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Its all cool Dave, your hooking me up with one rediculous Intake! I will gladly advertise the DI one for you also as people cant go wrong with either! Look at what Jeff is doing with the DI!
Old Jul 3, 2008, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by davidbuschur

For that matter, the more of these 500+ pump gas EVO's we build the more concerned I keep getting with someone becoming seroiusly injured driving them.

Just a year or so ago to make this much power you had to run race gas in the car with a lot of boost, most guys only did that in the safe environment of the race track. Now you can own a 500+ true daily driver that can reach 100+ mph from a dead stop in 7 seconds, it doesn't take long to get into a lot of trouble in a car like that. Having that much power every single day makes it "a deadly weapon".

I couldn't agree with that more we all have to be safe out there, not only for ourselves but for people we will never even meet. Stay safe
Old Jul 3, 2008, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Celica2EVO
Its on the Ported stocker with a 65mm throttle body.

It was supposed to have the Driven with the 3" tb, but due to some confusion and a slight mix-up, a ported stocker was accidentally put on, so instead of tearing it apart again, we have a V2 on the way and it is going to get installed sometime soon along with the race gas tune and the read mustache bar.
Why didnt you go with the DI Brian j/k I know why, you just had a change of heart.

Congrats on the new ride bro. You will love it.... I PROMISE.

After you run VP in that thing, pump gas is like driving a stock turbo'ed Evo... well for me it is

Cant wait to see it mang

Quick Reply: Another pump gas beast hits the streets of Ohio