Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Another pump gas beast hits the streets of Ohio

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2008, 08:41 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
mellon, get ready for a large increase in power. THANK YOU!!
I can't wait you're welcome
Old Jul 6, 2008, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The cars coming from Buschur all show one thing. The right combination of parts=the best power possible. Looking at someones mod list and then tossing abunch of those parts on, but all the parts are knock offs or some crappy product similar will not net you the same gains as all of those parts being a proven combination from the same company.

That is why Buschur Racing is the best. They have done all the research and know what works.

Thats why Peters car (NY BadBish) is such a great car- its all proven parts. Try to look at his mod list and buy ebay and 3rd hand parts of what is on his list- you will get 500 hp instead of 620!

What am I saying here....Buschur Racing is the best becuase everything they use/sell has been used, tested, and abused inorder to prove that it works!

Thanks Guys!
Cant wait till Wednesday!
Old Jul 6, 2008, 09:14 AM
Account Disabled

I tune these car every day and can attest to that ^^ the guys with a mixed bag of inferior parts don't make as much power.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks guys and I agree.

I also think shops that change parts in their preference of how to build a car just because of availability is a sign of not caring about the outcome. I've seen more and more of this over the last year. Shops who swear by a part that is proven to work and then change to something else claiming it's "just as good" because the original wasn't available anymore. Most of the time real testing will show that the "just as good" isn't the truth, it should be advertised as "just available".
Old Jul 6, 2008, 10:00 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Thanks guys and I agree.

I also think shops that change parts in their preference of how to build a car just because of availability is a sign of not caring about the outcome. I've seen more and more of this over the last year. Shops who swear by a part that is proven to work and then change to something else claiming it's "just as good" because the original wasn't available anymore. Most of the time real testing will show that the "just as good" isn't the truth, it should be advertised as "just available".
David, I am glad that you mentioned this as recently I had a similar experience

We had a customer who was in a big rush and could not wait a week or two to get a genuine Buschur Race FMIC as they were on a 2 week back order

The customer went out and bought a brand "Z" (sorry I am not here to bash any one else) large "race" fmic set up - guaranteed to be just as good as if not better than the Buschur Race FMIC - using the "same core"

When I found this out I was very disappointed to see the brand "Z" parts going on the cutsomer's car - but I could understand why the customer did this - brand "Z" was in stock and ready to ship and the sales guy promised him that the brand "Z" could do just as good a job if not better than the Buschur Race Fmic

Interestingly this particular customer car has a nearly identical turbo to my Evo drag car - a Gt37 from Precision Turbo and he is running a bit lower boost than I am

I was not suprized to see that the brand "z" unit had significantly higher intake charge temps - in the range of 125 - 130 degrees at the end of a 3rd gear pull on the dyno at a lower boost level (33 -34 psi) than my Buschur Race FMIC which rises less than 4 degrees from ambient in the same 3rd gear pass at 41 psi of boost (94 - 95 degrees peak air temps)

In this case the additional heat on the brand "z" product results in less dense air which means less power as the air intake temps are rising

Also, becuase the hot air is not as stable it is more likely to trigger pre-ignition and I would up having to pull significant amounts of timing in the high rpms when the air temp were climbing to tune out knock activity

As a result, the car was down in my estimation at least 25 - 30 whp off its potential with a real Buschur FMIC due to the hotter air temps and more conservative timing required to supress knock

I am sure that there are other companies out there that make a effective FMIC product like AMS, HKS etc. My point is that in this case the customer could not get the Buschur Product immediately and was in a rush so he took a sales guys's word on a untested product with no dyno proof behind it.

Not having the right parts combinations is really going to work against you when you are trying to make huge pump gas numbers. Everything has to work together in a system. A engine is much like an air pump, the more air you can pump the more power you can make. Restrictions in VE on the intake or exhuast side bcan have significant effects on pump gas power delivery - this is even more so when dealing with a small disclacement power plant.

Al
Old Jul 6, 2008, 10:07 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Celica2EVO
Thats why Peters car (NY BadBish) is such a great car- its all proven parts. Try to look at his mod list and buy ebay and 3rd hand parts of what is on his list- you will get 500 hp instead of 620!

I see the Bad Bish II being driven around on a daily basis and it is truely a masterpiece of parts selection and balance.

The set up is pure David Buschur - everything you need - NOTHING you dont need.

And, everything there works in balance.

To this day we can't understand why or how that car can stay together for so long on pump gas running 30 psi and making 620 whp. Since George of ICS bought it all he has done to it is change the clutch, and beat the heck out of it.

We have not adjusted the tune up, we did not lower the boost, all that has been done is change the oil a few times and also the spark plugs and drive the car like there is no tomrorrow.

One of these days, I want to see George take the car to the track, but the reality is that he is really super busy and has a lot of responsibility to keep a shop with 13 employeees and 14 service bays going and keep all the customers cars getting done in a timely fashion. George, mostly enjoys the Bad Bish as a way to escape all the stress and tension of hard work for a few minutes to go out on the road with a customer and give them a taste of some insane pump gas power. I dont think many customer's have disagreed that it is perhaps one of the quickest street machines around on pump gas.

Al
Old Jul 6, 2008, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

Dynoflash, can you tell us wo brand "Z" is so others dont make the same mistake?
Old Jul 6, 2008, 10:55 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Poloiceberg
Dynoflash, can you tell us wo brand "Z" is so others dont make the same mistake?
Just buy the Buschur FMIC and save everyone the drama
Old Jul 6, 2008, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

All these threads about the great things BR is doing is making me wish I still had my EVO so I could take it to them! You have a future customer but it might not be for another year or two! Haha! keep up the good work and congrats on another phenomenal car build!
Old Jul 6, 2008, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

I think they have enough builds inline that they will still be there in a few years to do yours! Im pretty sure the Buschur crew is here to stay!
Old Jul 6, 2008, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mellon
Just buy the Buschur FMIC and save everyone the drama
Lol yea I didnt think about that.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 01:20 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Poloiceberg
I won't get into that.

Fmic core selection and end tank design involves dyno testing and reviewing data logs. Those vendors who are doing a lot of dyno testing and r &d are the ones with fmic's with minimal pressure drop and maximum charge cooling.

Remember the fmic is only a small part of the entire system needed Roget these kind of pump gas results.

Cams, exhaust, head porting all are important

Al
Old Jul 6, 2008, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

Al, I noticed that you said your intake temps only rose by 4 degrees at top of pull. When David and I were dynoing yesterday, the logs showed the new FP White turbo boost WAY out of it's PR and still showed the exact same rise of 4 degrees at the top of the pull.
This was of course on the same BR Race FMIC. 100 degrees rising to 104.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 03:13 PM
Account Disabled

not bad at all
Old Jul 6, 2008, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Celica2EVO
The cars coming from Buschur all show one thing. The right combination of parts=the best power possible. Looking at someones mod list and then tossing abunch of those parts on, but all the parts are knock offs or some crappy product similar will not net you the same gains as all of those parts being a proven combination from the same company.

That is why Buschur Racing is the best. They have done all the research and know what works.

What am I saying here....Buschur Racing is the best becuase everything they use/sell has been used, tested, and abused inorder to prove that it works!

Thanks Guys!
Cant wait till Wednesday!
The truth is spoken,congrats on your car your gonna love the ride home!

Quick Reply: Another pump gas beast hits the streets of Ohio