Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Another pump gas beast hits the streets of Ohio

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2008, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand that, but Al never posted his or the intercoolers name inorder to keep this thread on topic and not turn into a bashing thead! Al did the right thing by not mentioning any names.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 09:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by scorke
Tym Switzer has made 627 whp on pump gas on a 35R, a regular one at that, David Buschur is very good at what he does, but seriously calm down.

Scorke
What happen to the Switzer pump gas car? I didn't hear about any track times from it.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Never heard anything about it after the dyno numbers. Never heard a review about how it was soing or any numbers.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

now Back On Topic Please!
Old Jul 6, 2008, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BigBadQuattro
What happen to the Switzer pump gas car? I didn't hear about any track times from it.
I have no clue.

Maybe the owner doesn't drag race it? Some people believe that awd cars are not meant to be drag raced.

Scorke
Old Jul 6, 2008, 10:26 PM
Account Disabled

Just FYI here is some of my data logs

This is a 1st gear through 3rd gear no lift shift pull on my Evo 8 with Gt37 and the BR Race FMIC - around 41 psi peak

The starting amb ient condition temp was 96 - a hot day

Here is the final end temp - 104 - not a bad increase for a full boost no lift shift run on a super hot day

For a rounded view here is a 3rd gesar dyno pull - one small dyno fan

You can see that even with very high boost levels for this turbo the air intake temps bearily rise at all the line is nearly flat

Here is brand "z"'s race style fmic - lower boost levels and yeat more air intake temps - you can really see the air intake temps start to climb like crazy at the end of the pull

Last edited by DynoFlash; Jul 6, 2008 at 10:52 PM.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks for the charts Al.

Nothing has happened to the car that Switzer built. It was completed and now is sitting for sale the last I knew about it. The car was only built to sell from what I understand. BTW, the car has our race FMIC on it, our double pumper and a custom GT35r turbo kit I built for my RS. Tym is a good tuner/builder, he's been around this stuff a long long time.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

Dave, this wait till Wednesday is killing me! All I can think about is finally getting to hear it start up and take it for a spin! I know I will have the biggest F'n smile on my face when I get back to the shop! Dammit I just want it to be Wednes day...NOW!
Old Jul 7, 2008, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Thanks for the charts Al.

Nothing has happened to the car that Switzer built. It was completed and now is sitting for sale the last I knew about it. The car was only built to sell from what I understand. BTW, the car has our race FMIC on it, our double pumper and a custom GT35r turbo kit I built for my RS. Tym is a good tuner/builder, he's been around this stuff a long long time.

Thanks for clearing that up David. It just goes to show that a good combination of parts and tuning will yield the best results.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice numbers for a 2 liter, impressive
Old Jul 7, 2008, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

crazy build!! nice job dave n the br guys
Old Jul 7, 2008, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Ok so I see these crazy impressive numbers, and a huge mod list.

Now for us guys who might want to go down this path, Im looking for a ballpark figure on all this work. Im not talkin down to the dollar, but can you give me an estimate? PM is fine, I just want to know what it takes for this kinda of work. Bolt-ons are one thing, but an entire build is another.

Im finally at that point (car almost paid off, rims purchased, suspension on the way, and motor is next) where I want something mean.

Thanks
Old Jul 7, 2008, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by CAD EVO
Ok so I see these crazy impressive numbers, and a huge mod list.

Now for us guys who might want to go down this path, Im looking for a ballpark figure on all this work. Im not talkin down to the dollar, but can you give me an estimate? PM is fine, I just want to know what it takes for this kinda of work. Bolt-ons are one thing, but an entire build is another.

Im finally at that point (car almost paid off, rims purchased, suspension on the way, and motor is next) where I want something mean.

Thanks
10-15K
Old Jul 7, 2008, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by justboosted02
10-15K
Not quite....

This question was already answered once in this thread by the man himself

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
To take a bone stock EVO to this power level (which would also mean 600+ on race fuel on the same build) costs around $22,500.
Keep in mind this is to make this kind of power on the BR "heartbreaker" dyno
Old Jul 7, 2008, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Yea if you are bone stock and want to be at the level of my car and the other BR Pump gas monsters, you are looking at about $23k.

But also remember, our numbers on pump gas are very close or just over 600 on many dynos. Buschur dyno kills alota hearts when trying to hit a goal and you fall way short!

But in the end its all worth it! Because 500+ hp from Buschur will usually take 550+ hp cars from other dynos!

Quick Reply: Another pump gas beast hits the streets of Ohio